Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Pictures and Pet Photos

Old 07-31-2012, 07:17 PM
MyHorseMyRules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linds View Post
He's 39 lb but he lands like it's nothing at all.
LIES. Speaking as someone who has personally caught the Loon, he can pack a punch when he's not paying attention, small or not. lol

To be fair, though, I don't think he was used to jumping up so very high. Linds is tiny, too. I think he may have been overcompensating because he did land easier after a few tries.
Old 07-31-2012, 07:19 PM
Behavior Nerd

Snipe did her first "back feet on a fully vertical wall in public" today!

Old 07-31-2012, 10:54 PM
Twin 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyHorseMyRules View Post
LIES. Speaking as someone who has personally caught the Loon, he can pack a punch when he's not paying attention, small or not. lol

To be fair, though, I don't think he was used to jumping up so very high. Linds is tiny, too. I think he may have been overcompensating because he did land easier after a few tries.
Oh don't be a baby! He does so land like nothing. He was doing it in excess tonight at the concert we were at. If you would stop being so tall there wouldn't be an issue.

Now, go teach Boone to jump into your arms.
Old 07-31-2012, 11:45 PM
It's A Red Dog Revolution

The only bad thing about this thread is that I'm getting too MANY ideas LOL.

So I've started teaching Kimma the handstand. What sorts of things did you guys that have done this use for them to back up on? Kimma only weighs 20lbs, so she's pretty light. Right now she's just targeting a folded up grooming table, and I can angle that up against a wall to a degree, but it's heavy, so I'm not sure how it will work in the long run (I don't want it to like slide down under her one day!).

Thanks meepitsmeagan for the siggy!

Loistava Kennels and Red Fox Dog Training
Boundless Pawsibilities

Loistava's Jari CGC - 22 months old (M)
Loistava's Kimma RN AX AXJ RATN CGC - 4 years old (F)
AOM CH Finkkila's Kupla ("Bubbles") - 5 years old (F)
CH Finkkila's Pentti ThD CGC TDIA - 7 years old (M)
Old 08-01-2012, 01:15 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finkie_Mom View Post

So I've started teaching Kimma the handstand. What sorts of things did you guys that have done this use for them to back up on? Kimma only weighs 20lbs, so she's pretty light. Right now she's just targeting a folded up grooming table, and I can angle that up against a wall to a degree, but it's heavy, so I'm not sure how it will work in the long run (I don't want it to like slide down under her one day!).
I used a couch cushion propped against the couch for Zuma who is only 24lbs.

Taboo, Zuma, Mighty Mouse, Zinga, Edgar, Zip Tie
Old 08-01-2012, 08:34 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyHorseMyRules View Post

Mu packs a punch when she "doesn't really want to but FINE if you're going to keep asking for it HERE HAVE IT". And she's only 25 pounds. Lol. I'm not even including the day she almost knocked me out because Matt crosswired my cue and when I patted my knee she jumped into my chin with my shoe in her mouth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finkie_Mom View Post

I started out using a board angled against the wall. Once we got the back feet on idea I moved to going backwards up the stairs (Linds has a great video for it). Then I just started out with small sessions of both back feet on the wall and we've been working up for-ev-er.

I have a blog!! TeamShortLegs - Last updated 10/13/2013
Old 08-01-2012, 10:24 AM
Top Dog

I wanna teach Jackson to jump in my arms like Trav! He's not necessarily a "boingy" type dog tho... so not sure if I'd ever fully be able to stand up and catch him in my arms, with him being so low to the ground to begin with. I've seen him jump pretty high when I stand on the other side of my dads 4foot fence, he almost jumps into my arms, but that's the only time I ever see him jumping like that... Hmmm it would be a challenge.

I think handstand may be on our to do list next. That's one I've been wanting to teach forever.

Old 08-01-2012, 10:40 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacksonsMom View Post
He's not necessarily a "boingy" type dog tho... so not sure if I'd ever fully be able to stand up and catch him in my arms, with him being so low to the ground to begin with. I've seen him jump pretty high when I stand on the other side of my dads 4foot fence, he almost jumps into my arms, but that's the only time I ever see him jumping like that... Hmmm it would be a challenge.
Mu is 12 inches at the shoulder and she can jump into my arms fine (when she wants to). She doesn't just jump straight up tho - she basically jumps to my thigh and then bounces up so I can catch her.

This is everything that we learned in the tricks class but her jumping into my arms is at the beginning. You can see how she lands more or less in my crotch and then scrabbles up. Lol.

I have a blog!! TeamShortLegs - Last updated 10/13/2013
Old 08-01-2012, 10:46 AM
Priscilla Winifred Corgi

I'm sad that we are spending so much time with trying to make Frodo *normal* that I don't have as much time for fun stuffs.

I LOVE watching all these videos!!!

Ado's Gimme Victory RL1* "Siri"
2 year old Jack Russell Terrier
Gimme Drugs Not Hugs RL1 "Frodo"
8 year old Pembroke Welsh Corgi
Old 08-01-2012, 11:21 AM
It's A Red Dog Revolution

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaraB View Post
I used a couch cushion propped against the couch for Zuma who is only 24lbs.
Ahhhhh good idea!!!!! I will definitely be trying that after the grooming table! Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taqroy View Post
I started out using a board angled against the wall. Once we got the back feet on idea I moved to going backwards up the stairs (Linds has a great video for it). Then I just started out with small sessions of both back feet on the wall and we've been working up for-ev-er.
Yes, she's done going backwards up the stairs, so she gets that (probably why she's picking up on this so quickly - I'm going to start angling the table today for her!). But we can't practice it any more since we don't have stairs here LOL. I took advantage of that before we moved

Thanks meepitsmeagan for the siggy!

Loistava Kennels and Red Fox Dog Training
Boundless Pawsibilities

Loistava's Jari CGC - 22 months old (M)
Loistava's Kimma RN AX AXJ RATN CGC - 4 years old (F)
AOM CH Finkkila's Kupla ("Bubbles") - 5 years old (F)
CH Finkkila's Pentti ThD CGC TDIA - 7 years old (M)