Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Pictures and Pet Photos

Old 07-30-2012, 09:23 AM
Top Dog

Limit learning the puppy handstand, perch and pivot - he's so cute and he's finally learned how to learn!
Old 07-30-2012, 09:27 AM
Top Dog

Limit is super enthusiastic, I love it. That's a good idea to teach handstand. I've seen a lot of people use stacked books and Jax never got that. I'm going to try and get something set up like you have, good idea!

Brit & Jackson

Old 07-30-2012, 09:30 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finkie_Mom View Post
Well since it was rainy all day here, I just decided to go over some tricks with Kimma and teach her some new ones. Here ya go

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mCkz81J339E
That is a perfect song for that video! Kimma is just adorable. LOL at her jumping on the table. You sure you want her to know how to do that?!? hahaha. Love it.

Mia... is incredible. She is SO fast. I seriously thought she was on fast forward at first, haha. Love her enthusiasm

And Ziva jumping rope? Seriously? That's incredible.

Brit & Jackson

Old 07-30-2012, 07:10 PM
It's A Red Dog Revolution

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacksonsMom View Post
That is a perfect song for that video! Kimma is just adorable. LOL at her jumping on the table. You sure you want her to know how to do that?!? hahaha. Love it.
Thanks!! Yeah, she did that on her own once in our old house, and I thought nothing of it (except OMG). But now she's doing it more and more, so I just gave up and captured it, giving it the name, "Dinnertime!" She doesn't do it as much anymore without my telling her

Loistava's Jari CGC - 18 months old (M)
Loistava's Kimma RN AX AXJ RATN CGC - 4 years old (F)
AOM CH Finkkila's Kupla ("Bubbles") - 4 years old (F)
CH Finkkila's Pentti CGC TDI - 6 years old (M)
Old 07-30-2012, 08:03 PM
Top Dog

Teaching Kastle the weaves...

Old 07-30-2012, 08:24 PM
I'm All Ears

Hmmm so I've been teaching them both to jump over my arms. They get both sides individually but can't seem to get them to connect from my right to my left. Ideas? I started getting a little frustrated with Summer and you can't really do that with her so she started getting confused.

My basic method was get them to do the right then treat, then lure to the left. Hasn't seemed to work at all. I'm wondering maybe if I should start them right behind me on the left then take them over the left arm, around the front and then over the right arm?

They really don't want to go behind me much. Other thought was to just get them to do donuts around me at first so that they'll get more comfortable with being behind me instead of always trying to be within my eyesight.
Old 07-30-2012, 08:30 PM
It's A Red Dog Revolution

YAY! Go Kastle! I can't wait to get my next dog to work 2x2s from the beginning again. I just LOVE weave training!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurelin View Post
Hmmm so I've been teaching them both to jump over my arms. They get both sides individually but can't seem to get them to connect from my right to my left. Ideas? I started getting a little frustrated with Summer and you can't really do that with her so she started getting confused.

My basic method was get them to do the right then treat, then lure to the left. Hasn't seemed to work at all. I'm wondering maybe if I should start them right behind me on the left then take them over the left arm, around the front and then over the right arm?

They really don't want to go behind me much. Other thought was to just get them to do donuts around me at first so that they'll get more comfortable with being behind me instead of always trying to be within my eyesight.
Donuts could work, or if they know how to finish around you both ways, maybe just do that while kneeling over and over to get them used to it then reintroduce jumping over your arms? If that makes sense? LOL.

Loistava's Jari CGC - 18 months old (M)
Loistava's Kimma RN AX AXJ RATN CGC - 4 years old (F)
AOM CH Finkkila's Kupla ("Bubbles") - 4 years old (F)
CH Finkkila's Pentti CGC TDI - 6 years old (M)
Old 07-30-2012, 10:25 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurelin View Post

I know kikopup had a video on this...

And here was another I saw the other day:

Brit & Jackson

Old 07-30-2012, 10:33 PM
Glutton for Crazy

Is that for jumping into the arms or over? I'm watching a movie so I can't flip it on and watch yet.
Chili Brigades Brover 5/23/14 -

Arnold CGC TDI FD 6/29/04 - 07/05/13
Backup CGC HIC CD SRD SJ-N RATI 12/29/09 - 07/05/13

You were amazing, we did amazing things.

Harmony Canine, relationship based training.
Old 07-30-2012, 10:40 PM
Top Dog

jumping over

Brit & Jackson