Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Pictures and Pet Photos

Old 01-25-2012, 04:22 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taqroy View Post
Nope you cannot haz. I think Frodo would be greatly unamused at The Mu coming into his house anyway...although I'd kind of like to see how they'd get along LOL.

So - PW and mrose_s - should I stand still and click her for hind end movement? I understand what you guys are saying, I'm just trying to picture the process. I really like the idea of using pivot work to find heel - our heeling could use massive amounts of work.
Here is a video of Classic using pivot work to work on his flip finish, it might help you out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dVQd1ZeRJcU
Old 01-25-2012, 04:53 PM
Twin 2

I am so loving all these handstand videos!

Shai, Web is sooo funny but I gotta say, my favorite part was Mira in the back lifting a leg up like "I'm good too!"

Quinn is looking so great too! Really seems to be enjoying it!

And Sara, hows the two leg lift going?

Traveler is starting to try and kick off the wall! He keeps offering a leg off of it and a couple times pushed completely off. I also am working on him going up different surfaces.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZBpbAoVx14
Old 01-25-2012, 04:57 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linds View Post
And Sara, hows the two leg lift going?

Traveler is starting to try and kick off the wall! He keeps offering a leg off of it and a couple times pushed completely off. I also am working on him going up different surfaces.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZBpbAoVx14
She's lifting both, but just for a split second. Still need to work on that muscle memory.

Traveler is doing awesome!
Old 01-25-2012, 05:03 PM
& the Muttly Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linds View Post
Shai, Web is sooo funny but I gotta say, my favorite part was Mira in the back lifting a leg up like "I'm good too!"
Yeah I had told her to leave us alone so she stood forlornly over by the wall watching with her back feet on the upside down contact trainer board...lol. So much woe.

ARCHX U-CD Kim MX MXJ NF CL3-SF RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Golden Ditzhund, b. ~Mar'07
MACH ARCHX U-CD Webster MXB MJB RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Flying Houdini, b. ~Jun'07
Mira CD JH MX MXB MXJ MJB CGC WCX -- Princess Cheeseface, b. Jul'09
Lodin -- Monster Monkey, b. Dec'13
Old 01-25-2012, 10:07 PM
Rude and Not Ginger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shai View Post
Yeah I had told her to leave us alone so she stood forlornly over by the wall watching with her back feet on the upside down contact trainer board...lol. So much woe.
Mira was hilarious, and I really want Webster. I think he's Ozzy sized (or Ozzy is Webster sized)

I've really got to build a contact board or something. I has nothing to start teaching this with.
Old 01-26-2012, 07:53 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaraB View Post
Here is a video of Classic using pivot work to work on his flip finish, it might help you out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dVQd1ZeRJcU
Oh that's nifty. I'm definitely doing that. I tried just clicking for hind end movement yesterday and it went pretty well. She kept scooting backwards when I didn't click her for what she thought I wanted lol. I'll upload the video later.

I have a blog!! TeamShortLegs - Last updated 10/13/2013
Old 01-26-2012, 07:59 AM
Top Dog

Savvy told me at class last night that he can do a handstand. He kept offering it in between our turns in class, much to the amusement of everyone else. So I'd say he has it, in that he knows what he is supposed to do. Now just need to work on his form, coordination and muscle so he can hold it longer and get into position easier. I would have never thought to ask him for it yet away but he started offering it almost right away. SillyShep!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v...type=2&theater
Old 01-26-2012, 08:00 AM
& the Muttly Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieDog View Post
Mira was hilarious, and I really want Webster. I think he's Ozzy sized (or Ozzy is Webster sized)

I've really got to build a contact board or something. I has nothing to start teaching this with.
How big is Ozzy? For some reason I always pictured him around 40lbs. Webby is around 17" and 22lbs.

Building a 4' contact board is cake, especially if you have a circular saw. I built mine last fall when I realized I was losing access to all my contact equipment (moving) and would be teaching Mira agility in a 15 x 30 loft...lol. Texturing it is the only time-consuming part, depending on how fussy you want to be about it.

Later built the down plank of a DW too but the 4' is really versatile.

ARCHX U-CD Kim MX MXJ NF CL3-SF RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Golden Ditzhund, b. ~Mar'07
MACH ARCHX U-CD Webster MXB MJB RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Flying Houdini, b. ~Jun'07
Mira CD JH MX MXB MXJ MJB CGC WCX -- Princess Cheeseface, b. Jul'09
Lodin -- Monster Monkey, b. Dec'13
Old 01-26-2012, 09:12 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleron View Post
Savvy told me at class last night that he can do a handstand. He kept offering it in between our turns in class, much to the amusement of everyone else. So I'd say he has it, in that he knows what he is supposed to do. Now just need to work on his form, coordination and muscle so he can hold it longer and get into position easier. I would have never thought to ask him for it yet away but he started offering it almost right away. SillyShep!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v...type=2&theater
Go Savvy!!! That's awesome!
Old 01-26-2012, 01:20 PM
Twin 2

So much happy for Zuma and Savvy!!!! That's really really really great! Savvy is so freaking adorable and you're right, he does seem to be getting the idea.

I've been stalled out trying to figure out how to make the handstand translate to away from the wall. He uses the wall a lot as a crutch to get up it and I think I would have him offering both legs off the wall soon but I really need to work on his core strength to get into the handstand away from the wall.

So my idea when I was thinking about it last night was that I have a coffee table in the livingroom that is about knee hight. If get him to get his back feet on top of that he won't be able to climb up it like the wall, he will have to flip his back feet onto it. Then I can work towards higher things with no solid vertical surface to use.

That way I can help him work on the motion and get him used to not using his back legs to climb up it, rather use his core strength to lift his back legs up.