Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 01-17-2012, 09:42 PM
Top Dog

Nice photos Kat! The dogs look so pretty against the white.

Now, where does it tell about the winds? I had no idea. Maybe that's going to be more severe south of Seattle. (?) That's terrible. I hate it when the power goes out, especially now, when I have no alternative like I did in Idaho. (must do something about that one of these years) Sounds like you're all set Romy.

Haley, it's not weird at all. Lots of people like snow. It is fun to play in and it's pretty and quiet. It's just that I've had enough of the stuff the last ten years....snow that stays on the ground all winter long and up to my arm pits deep. (or more) Some years I couldn't even see out my windows. 6 - 7 months of it got to be too much. And the work involved! At least now, I don't have so much to shovel or snow-blow.

The neighbor kids were out trying to sled. But they didn't really have a sled. lol. So, I dug mine out that was buried under a bunch of stuff in the garage that I haven't organized yet....need shelving. Anyhow, I got out my sled that was my Dad's. It's at least 70 -80 years old. He refurbished it and it's very nice. But it still didn't work because the snow is so wet and heavy, it sinks right down. Yucky snow in these here parts.
"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." -- Samuel Adams 1776

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."

Thomas Jefferson
Old 01-17-2012, 10:12 PM
Twin 2.0

We need snow like that up in the mountains here. The ski resorts are crying because the slopes are so bare and what snow there is, is all ice crusted and crappy.

Meanwhile, I've got a pile of snow at the end of the yard that is approaching chest height.
Old 01-18-2012, 08:35 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoom View Post
We need snow like that up in the mountains here. The ski resorts are crying because the slopes are so bare and what snow there is, is all ice crusted and crappy.
Seriously. I got two lift tickets for Christmas and have no idea when I'm going to be able to use them because we don't have any snow.

I have a blog!! TeamShortLegs - Last updated 10/13/2013
Old 01-18-2012, 09:08 AM
Top Dog

Well, it's 7 am and I don't see any evidence of any storm here. LOL. It's snowing, but I think it must have just started a little while ago as the places I shoveled are still not all filled up. No wind. Just snow. What's it doing more south? I think that was going to get hit worse. Aren't some of you from areas south of Seattle? I'm north of Seattle.

If there's no snow Taq, will they let you use those lift tickets next year? Or is there an expiration date? Maybe there will be some snow soon...for spring skiing.
"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." -- Samuel Adams 1776

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."

Thomas Jefferson
Old 01-18-2012, 09:37 AM
Top Dog

http://video.today.msnbc.msn.com/tod...7665/#46037665

Video shows pictures of Seattle...some of the big hills will be closed. They really have trouble on some of those steep ones.

This says they're expecting 85 mph winds nearer the coast. I think that's what it said....maybe everywhere. (gotta watch again) It looks like it might be worse in Oregon and northern California.

Thomas Jefferson
Old 01-18-2012, 09:52 AM
Taxiderpy

Holy cow it's up to the borzois' tuck ups!!!!

I also found out how dogs poo in deep snow. Strider just stood there looking uncomfortable and baffled for a minute, then turned in a circle about nine times to flatten the ground out first.

Edit: managed to get a couple of dark grainy photos.

And it's still snowing. From what I was able to tell driving back and forth on I-5 is that as soon as you hit Nisqually Valley it shifts from warm Tacoma port air to brrr. Earlier in the week north of Tacoma it started getting pretty heavy around fife/federal way up through Sea Tac and then thinned out a bit downtown Seattle.

Last edited by Romy; 01-18-2012 at 10:19 AM.
Old 01-18-2012, 10:30 AM
Slave to the Aussie

It was windy here at about 3am. We have a good foot or more of snow.
Old 01-18-2012, 10:37 AM
Top Dog

Wow! You guys have more than I do here, north of Seattle. That much snow is so unusual for the area. I think it's going to be a record breaker.

Thomas Jefferson
Old 01-18-2012, 10:42 AM
Twin 2.0

I'm guessing that March is going to be a hell of a month for snow. Who knows? I think they've been right on amounts once this season and that was with the last system that moved through that only left a couple of inches.

Maybe this system will bring us something?
Old 01-18-2012, 11:34 AM
Slave to the Aussie

OK so i measured we have 19 inches!