Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 12-28-2011, 08:49 PM
I'm All Ears

Default Weight Loss/Healthy Living

I just wanted to share that I am starting up a new healthy lifestyle and was wondering if any other chazzers are doing something similar? Mine is not a New Years Resolution but rather something I've been planning and preparing over a few weeks.

I've got a bunch of recipes gathered, got a gym membership and planned a time to work out during the day, fixed my bike, got an appointment with a trainer for a body fit test and personalized exercise plan, and bought some at home workout videos.

I'm honestly a little bit nervous but very excited and ready for this. I'm honestly pumped and can't wait to see where this takes me.

If anyone has any suggestions or links let me know!
Old 12-28-2011, 08:54 PM
Kotah BEAR

CONGRATS! That is AWESOME.

I plan on doing this as well.
I don't know if I am going to start it now (not RIGHT now, but soon) or if I want to wait until I am less stressed and I am in FL. (I tend to work out/eat better when I am not stressed). The reason I say I might wait until FL is because I have a lot of stuff planned to do when I get there and exercising (I have an exercise plan set up for when I move there) is one of them. Plus I know when I get a dog, I will be more willing to go to work out things because I will have something there to do it with and it'll be more fun to do it, not like exercising but fun things to do.

But I would love for you to keep us updated I will definitely follow along and probably do what you are doing.
Old 12-28-2011, 08:55 PM
Top Dog

I am so with you. This is not a New Years Resolution for me either, because I did "start" in the summer, and did lose a measly 10lbs, so I KNOW I can do it. It's more a matter of me learning how to properly shop, cook, eat, which I'm so bad at. I eat so unhealthy because I cannot cook worth crap, lol, so most of my food ends up being stuck in the toaster oven or the microwave.

This past month I've been eating like a pig and am so mad at myself but totally expected it of course with the holiday season.

But I'll really be curious to keep up with this thread. And I know we said it before... but we really need to update at least weekly with our progress- I find typing it all out helps me more.

I find out my school schedule next week so hopefully I can work around that. I am sort of making a "move" more permanent to my dads house but will still probably spend half my time at my moms but I'll be going to school over by my dad so I think I'd like to find a gym over there near my school/his house.

I'll be using my MyFitnessPal app again. It really helped me calorie count.

I also want to start my own diet plan, sort of. To give me a base. If I have something written in front of me for breakfast options, and have like 5-7 different options so I can pick one each day, that would be awesome. Dinner plans, lunch plans, etc. I am the type of person that needs to be given something and told what to do and I'll do it but I am not good at doing things on my own.

Brit & Jackson

Old 12-28-2011, 08:59 PM
I'm All Ears

I really realized I wanted to do this a while back but really had to think on it and plan it out. I wanted to wait until I felt really ready for it because a lot of times I just get depressed about my weight and then try to drop weight fast and that NEVER works. This one feels different so we will see.
Old 12-28-2011, 09:00 PM
Just try me..

As seen in my siggy I am doing it too I use MFP so if anyone wants to friend me there my nick is Dundreggen.

I did a crap load of research and have cut out all empty carbs no bread, no rice, no pasta, and pretty much no fruit. The difference has been amazing! It hardly feels like a diet lol, I have so much energy, am not hungry and am steadily loosing weight. I have started running again with the goal of joining a running room class in March.
Old 12-28-2011, 09:01 PM
Top Dog

Yeah, I basically just wanna do a whole lifestyle change. Not a diet.

Brit & Jackson

Old 12-28-2011, 09:03 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dekka View Post
As seen in my siggy I am doing it too I use MFP so if anyone wants to friend me there my nick is Dundreggen.

I did a crap load of research and have cut out all empty carbs no bread, no rice, no pasta, and pretty much no fruit. The difference has been amazing! It hardly feels like a diet lol, I have so much energy, am not hungry and am steadily loosing weight. I have started running again with the goal of joining a running room class in March.
I could probably do that... except for bread. Ugh, I LOVE bread-stuff. Pizza is my weakness. I could probably eat pizza every day if it didn't give me heartburn.

Speaking of, anyone know of any semi-decent frozen pizza to eat? I have to have my pizza craving at least once a week so if I'm gonna eat it, I'd rather it be a bit healthier than Dominos or Papa Johns, lol.

Brit & Jackson

Old 12-28-2011, 09:06 PM
I'm All Ears

Spending time trying to figure out how to work this into my schedule was a big part of what I've been doing the past few weeks. When will I have time to cook, when will I work out? I work long hours many days so time is precious. My work does have a gym with fitness trainers that I can utilize so I'm taking advantage of that during lunch and occasionally after work. One problem I have is if I don't work, I don't work out because the gym is such a drive from my house. So I think the home workouts will be good for those days. I can't wait to start biking either, but I'm a bit scared of riding. It's been years since I rode my bike since it was broken. So that will be interesting... I hope I don't embarrass myself TOO much, lol.

I'm planning on grocery shopping at the Whole Foods once a week (it's a drive but better than the Walmart option close to where I live). Planning meals in advance and cooking a few meals a week with leftovers for lunch that I can eat at my desk. I'm still planning on going out to eat once a week with my friends.

I've lost a bunch of weight before but it wasn't a permanent change. I know I can do it, I just want to make sure this time it is a permanent change.
Old 12-28-2011, 09:08 PM
Resident fainting goat

Same here

I got a new ipod (a little nano, made just to be clipped on for running), got new running shoes and found a plan that WORKS FOR ME when it comes to running
1 minute intervals of running/walking! I don't get winded/discouraged, and it really helps!

and also got this!

and this..

Since I've realized one of my BIGGEST problems is that I can't cook! So when it comes to any environment other than college dining plans, I eat out, cook crap food (ramen, easy-mac etc..) and gain weight! I need to learn to cook for myself properly!

Disclaimer: I work for Trupanion and love it/our policy! But I do not speak for the company or as the company.
Old 12-28-2011, 09:11 PM
Resident fainting goat

Oh yea, I almost forgot about my new boyfriend Mr.Insanity. The Insanity workouts are crazy intense, and have me SWEATING but the 50 minutes a day thing (+one day off) really works for me!
I can do them at home (without going to the gym) and with no equipment other than me, my sneakers, and a bottle of water!

Disclaimer: I work for Trupanion and love it/our policy! But I do not speak for the company or as the company.