Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog and Pet Fun > Cat and Pet Forum

Old 01-14-2012, 08:20 PM
PSD Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linds View Post
I think that's interesting because I have yet to know a cat who sprayed before altering (and I know of quite a few that never sprayed) that continued on after castration. But, none of those cats were in foster care or shuffled around. All where one home for life kinda cats.

Our family doesn't do female cats so can't give any insight on that.
The stress of that could very well instigate it. Plus going into homes where there are smells of the past fosters before them could cause them to want to mark and spray as well. So that could be part of why I have seen it more.
Old 01-16-2012, 11:05 AM
Let it be

I'm not willing to leave him intact as we have a lot of stray momma cats on my street with litters in tow. Don't want to be apart of that problem if my little rugrat decides to go off on a jaunt one of these days.

He's big for his age and his balls do look to have dropped. End of the month our boy gets the chop. Ahh I'm so nervous. I hate sending them in to get desexed. I feel so mean,
Old 01-16-2012, 12:23 PM
ಥ⌣ಥ

i'm wondering when my roommates are going to neuter theirs as well. he is around 5 or 6 months now and hasn't even had his first shots or wormer or anything. he's never set paw in a vet's office. we don't worry about him getting out, unless he happens to decide it's safe to sail off the balcony (we ARE only on the second floor, and there is a female cat living behind us that has at one point been very pregnant).

i had one intact male that began spraying, when i was younger. my mom took him in to get neutered after he went to town on one of her leather jackets one day. he did stop after that, but that's all he stopped.

i don't know if it can help anything else? i never really paid much attention to those things in cats. my cats almost always came in already altered. i have noticed distinct changes in the kitten here though, since his little dudes have dropped. i don't know if that's coincidence, just part of growing up, or directly related to said little dudes. i've also never met a cat so immune to training of any kind. it's starting to feel like i should just stop trying.

My Polyvore
Old 01-16-2012, 03:48 PM
Let it be

Mine hasn't gone for his shots either... but I am weird like that. I have delayed my child's shots too.
Old 01-16-2012, 04:00 PM
ಥ⌣ಥ

if my roommates didn't take their kitten around with them everywhere, it wouldn't bother me. Rock hasn't been taken for his shots either, because i don't feel the need to do it every year.
unfortunately, they take Ron out of town with them, and he's exposed to a lot of other animals and things. with how much he goes around, and how much he's exposed to, i feel like he should get the necessary vaccines at least. especially with them taking him to a house that's situation in woods.

My Polyvore
Old 01-16-2012, 04:53 PM
overdogged

I've done mine around six month (males and females), and that's what I'll likely continue to do in the future if I have any more cats.
and Hambone, flyball hopeful
Save the pit bull, Save the world
Are you Unruly?