Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 01-14-2012, 09:32 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillysally View Post
Unfortunately Red Bull makes me sick Even just the smell of Monster grosses me out. I am going to find a coffee I can deal with....

I love love sparkling water though. I would drink it all the time if I could.
I hate energy drinks, too. I wouldn't even drink them if I liked them. They scare me. I was talking about iced tea sweetened with splenda. They sell gallon jugs at our supermarkets next to the milk in the fridge or you can make your own tea, sweeten it with splenda and keep a pitcher in your fridge. Every restaurant around here has unsweet tea and usually has splenda but I also carry my own packets.

Old 01-14-2012, 09:33 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dekka View Post
And there are studies showing it doesn't. There is no conclusive evidence either way other than with sucralose. (the spike in insulin is what makes people crave sweet)

I am eating very low carb, I drink tea with sucralose in it all day long. It KILLS my craving for sweet.. it works that way for some people. If that is what you are worried about see if you are having cravings.
I just LOVE my splenda tea! lol. I can't even drink real sweet tea anymore. It leaves the grossest feeling and aftertaste in my mouth.

Old 01-14-2012, 09:45 AM
Obey the Toad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dekka View Post
And there are studies showing it doesn't. There is no conclusive evidence either way other than with sucralose. (the spike in insulin is what makes people crave sweet)

I am eating very low carb, I drink tea with sucralose in it all day long. It KILLS my craving for sweet.. it works that way for some people. If that is what you are worried about see if you are having cravings.

I love sweet stuff! I frequently buy random candy that I'm not all that crazy about in the end, but just HAVE to have in that moment. I did that with those spice gum drop things the other night. About half way through the bag I was like, "WTF, why am I even eating this?"

~Christina--Mom to:
Sally--8 yr old pit bull mix
Jack--6 yr old Labrador
Sadie & Runt--12 yr old calico DSHs
Pickles & Kiwi--3 yr old white winged parakeets
Yoda--1 yr old Quaker parrot
Solo--12 yr old Senegal parrot
Sheena--Quarter Horse--3/24/86-6/23/11--Rest Easy Sweet Girl~

Labs do it in the lake.

Old 01-14-2012, 09:47 AM
Obey the Toad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samantha's pet View Post
I hate energy drinks, too. I wouldn't even drink them if I liked them. They scare me. I was talking about iced tea sweetened with splenda. They sell gallon jugs at our supermarkets next to the milk in the fridge or you can make your own tea, sweeten it with splenda and keep a pitcher in your fridge. Every restaurant around here has unsweet tea and usually has splenda but I also carry my own packets.
Have you tried Truvia? I have found that I like that way better than splenda.

~Christina--Mom to:
Sally--8 yr old pit bull mix
Jack--6 yr old Labrador
Sadie & Runt--12 yr old calico DSHs
Pickles & Kiwi--3 yr old white winged parakeets
Yoda--1 yr old Quaker parrot
Solo--12 yr old Senegal parrot
Sheena--Quarter Horse--3/24/86-6/23/11--Rest Easy Sweet Girl~

Labs do it in the lake.

Old 01-14-2012, 09:48 AM
ಥ⌣ಥ

Alton Brown told me to stay away from anything with the word DIET in front of it, as in sodas and juice blends. i've started listening to him more on various things.
some more than others,

My Polyvore
Old 01-14-2012, 09:49 AM
Just try me..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samantha's pet View Post
I just LOVE my splenda tea! lol. I can't even drink real sweet tea anymore. It leaves the grossest feeling and aftertaste in my mouth.
I used to use splenda, but now IT tastes gross lol. I have went to a straight up liquid sweetner (just water and sucralose) much better.
Old 01-14-2012, 09:50 AM
Member of WHODAT Nation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravennr View Post
Alton Brown told me to stay away from anything with the word DIET in front of it, as in sodas and juice blends. i've started listening to him more on various things.
some more than others,
You should listen to Alton Brown on just about everything.
I <3 him so much.
Old 01-14-2012, 09:50 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillysally View Post
Have you tried Truvia? I have found that I like that way better than splenda.
I tried it but for one, they don't make my tea with it (and I make horrible tea, lol) and secondly, I found that is doesn't dissolve in cold tea AT ALL. I still have some that I bought to try but I have since switched back to splenda. I us the truvia in hot drinks (which I don't drink a whole lot of) and sometimes on fruit.

Old 01-14-2012, 09:51 AM
Top Dog

I was never a fan of sucralose. It's so much of a foreign chemical that I have a hard time using it. Just it's origin, unexpectedly found while researches were trying to derive a new insecticide, is a bit.... o_O. And it's a chlorocarbon. And what it is not is derived from sugar itself (a misleading claim that those without a deep knowledge of chemistry do not comprehend).

My doctor said to either use a very small amount of natural cane sugar for my tea (this is the south....iced tea is a staple!) or to use Stevia. Since hubby's uncle is a sugar cane farmer, it's not odd to find me with a small piece of sugarcane in my large glass of tea. lol

But honestly? I've tried every artificial sweetender (minus Stevia) out there on the market. I have to be careful as I found I have an addiction to Sweet-N-Low.
Old 01-14-2012, 09:52 AM
Just try me..

As someone about to have a chemistry degree I am not at all worried about sucralose. The fats in margarine scare me far far more.