Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog and Pet Fun > Cat and Pet Forum

Old 01-11-2012, 07:59 PM
Internet Warrior Ballz?!?

Default Corn Snake hatchling pics

These pics suck sorry and the lighting was terrible. I promise to take better pics soon (maybe after he sheds).

I posted this already, but since some may have missed my last threads on this I'll explain again. I've been in the market for a bloodred corn for a little while. I was referred to a breeder a few hours from me who had a clutch full of bloodreds and I fell in love with this little guy.

His dad is a pied sided bloodred. The red on his dad is a dark cherry color, even darker than a lot of bloodreds I tend to see people have. I'm anxious to see how this little guy matures.

Like I said, these pics are terrible. I plan to do a nice photoshoot with him, but he is currently digesting a pinky so I don't want to mess with him right now.

So you can see how little he is right now
Itztli- Standard size coated Xoloitzcuintle
Old 01-11-2012, 08:03 PM
ಥ⌣ಥ

WAAAAAAH I LOVE HIM

i had a gorgeous hypomelanistic a few years ago that i lost in a breakup. i miss having a corn.

My Polyvore
Old 01-12-2012, 04:48 AM
Taxiderpy

AUUGGGHHH THE CUTE!!!!

Would you mind PMing me the name of the breeder? I may have gotten corns from them before... it was someone in VA that had gorgeous old school blood reds. They are my FAVORITE type of corn. How diffused are his parents? He looks like his color will be pretty saturated once he's matured.
Old 01-12-2012, 08:55 AM

Ya ill definitely PM you the breeder. I think he actually still has two left from this clutch, both female. One in particular is insanely gorgeous, but I was set on getting a male and since Josh is limiting me on my snakes until we get into a house, I could only bring one snake baby home.

And... They are definitely the old school style bloodreds. I actually still need to get pics of the parents. I keep meaning to ask the breeder for some. From the way he describes the dad he sounds really diffused and gorgeous.
Old 01-12-2012, 09:05 AM

Romy, just PMd you.

Oh and since I'm not sure if you saw the last threads about him, here are a couple pics the breeder took of him recently before I picked him up.

Old 01-12-2012, 09:19 AM
Just try me..

So cute.. wish they stayed tiny!
Old 01-12-2012, 09:34 AM
Resident fainting goat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dekka View Post
So cute.. wish they stayed tiny!
^
THIS! They are so cute when they are little and all they eat are like..crickets and stuff right?
Old 01-12-2012, 12:56 PM
Taxiderpy

Pinkies, Fran. They look like little pink jellybeans.

He's really pretty, he reminds me a lot of my old hypo blood Sanguineus. If you're setting up a breeding project and he has females available, get a female!!! lol. It takes three years for a female to mature to breeding age, and with blood reds it's nearly impossible to find a breeding age female for sale without it costing a fortune. Males are much easier to find, and can be bred younger.

This was my hypo blood female from Rich Z at one year old. He got out of corns though. His stock was beautiful.
Old 01-12-2012, 09:38 PM

The plan is to definitely set up a breeding project with him. I would have gotten two if I could. I'd really like to pair him with one of his siblings to see if I can produce a P/S bloodred. Their dad was a P/S Bloodred. I'm not sure about the mom. A friend of mine picked up one of his females and since Josh was only ok with me getting one from the clutch right now I chose the male and if everything plays out right I want to pair him with his sister when she matures. I think females don't reach breeding maturity until about 3 years I believe though right now I'm still just taking my time to learn more about how the genetics work before any breeding plan is set in stone. I want to make sure I know my stuff first and have an end goal instead of just breeding him willy nilly. But my goal is definitely to hopefully produce P/S bloodreds. I wish I could also have one of his other siblings. He has a female that is the prettiest of the bunch. She is still available too and man do I want her. Ugh, I should have just scooped them both up, but Josh would have thrown a fit.
Old 01-12-2012, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romy View Post

This was my hypo blood female from Rich Z at one year old. He got out of corns though. His stock was beautiful.
Omg she is GORGEOUS!!!!