Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 01-12-2012, 05:30 PM
Felurian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dekka View Post
Here is a vid of what can happen if you eat too much sugar for your metabolism (and yes that is whole grains, whole grain pasta has a very similar GI rating as coke or straight sugar... starch is broken down into sugar quickly.. drinking a coke has about the same sugar spike as eating whole bran cereal)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNYlIcXynwE

if you don't have that issue no you won't have that problem. Pregnancy makes it worse.

I will have you know I ate 'healthy' by all common methods, low fat low junk high in complex carbs and exercised.. and GAINED weight. And its not uncommon! but I am lying so what ever...
I think you and I have very much the same type of metabolism, Kerri.

Within days after I cut gluten out of my diet -- which meant most of the carbs considered healthy as I rarely ate any grain based foods that weren't whole grain -- all the puffiness started to melt away and I've slowly but surely been getting visibly smaller.

As long as I kept it simple and didn't mess with making gluten free breads of any sort, pastas, etc. and didn't eat any rice or other "white food" (except dairy) it was not only steady but appeared to be moving along at an increasing rate.

When I added gluten free substitutes I slowed down again.

It's the same pattern I saw when bodybuilding: stick to high protein, very limited carbs, some fats and I built muscle and melted body fat. Add carbs -- and I was doing it in an EXTREMELY healthy way -- and POOF, there went the definition and the weight started going up, and it wasn't muscle.

Oh, and cholesterol, triglycerides and all those nasties? Mine were laughably low and the good cholesterol was in the upper ranges.

NOT EVERY METHOD WORKS FOR EVERY PERSON. PERIOD.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 01-12-2012, 05:43 PM
Roos, Poos, & a Wog!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doberluv View Post
Yes, seriously. If you don't like it, disregard it. I'll post my opinion anywhere on this forum that I feel like unless you show me where it is not allowed by the rules. What kind of crap is that you're preaching? Why should I keep this "stuff" out of this thread? Mericox?
Because you're coming into this thread and telling overweight people it's inexcusable to be fat. This is a progress thread, not "come in and be an asshat because you think you know better and feel free to diss people" people.

I don't care if your highness is allowed to post freely in whatever thread your little heart desires, but do know the door swings both ways.
Old 01-12-2012, 05:59 PM
Obvious trollsare Obvious

Kickass Saeleofu! Wooot

Stop paddling your own douchecanoe

CRB Houdini's Apple Cider RXMCL AGDC AADC MSDC MJDC RNT CL3-F CL3-H EXJ Bronze
AAC's Top Dog List ~~ 2007-11 Q's ~~ 2008-11 Q's ~~ 2009-10 Q's
AAC's Overall Top Dog List - 47 Q's and 7 Titles

Stanton Acres Out Of The Ashes SGDC RNMCL MJDC ADC CL3-F CL3-S CL3-H SD-S (SP)
AAC's Top Dog List 2009 - 12 Q's

Stark Naked Burn It To The Ground

Old 01-12-2012, 06:01 PM
Silence! I ban you!

Keep it civil ladies. Thanks.
Old 01-12-2012, 06:08 PM
I'm All Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doberluv View Post
Yes, my Mom and sister have never had weight issues so naturally, they didn't gain extra weight. So are you're saying that people who eat in a healthy way and exercise can still become obese? I don't buy it. Unless there's some rare or unusual thyroid or other medical problem.
It's actually not that rare at all. I'm just going by what I'm familiar with- PCOS. It affects somewhere between 1 in 10 and 1 in 20 women. It's also been shown over and over again that women with PCOS have a lot of trouble losing weight and many times can't on the diet that is traditionally preached. There is some debate about low carb versus low glycemic index versus low glycemic load but it's pretty clear carbs matter more than straight calories. And a lot need to be on medication to even begin losing weight. And that's just one medical condition.

It is hard probably for someone not in that position but many many girls are told by their doctors essentially to just stop being fat and lazy.
Old 01-12-2012, 06:21 PM
Resident fainting goat

Not the best before picture (sorry about the bowling ball..) but you get the idea lol

I keep all my weight in my mid section (Love handles..thighs.. ugh.)

My goal before summer is to lose 20 pounds and tone up! Honest to goodness there is NO MUSCLE anywhere on my body, too much cardio and not enough...anything else.

My reward to myself is a photo shoot I have scheduled for June
Old 01-12-2012, 06:27 PM
Magic, motherf@%$*#!

^ This. When I was "skinny", I went to the gym every single day. I played ice hockey 3 times a week plus had 4 practices a week. I ate under 1200 calories. As soon as I stopped being so active because I simply didn't have that much time anymore, I gained weight. Not because I was only eating fast food and snacks all day long, but because I ate wrong for my body. I can't do extremely low carb because I feel sick when I eat too much meat. Now, that I have been diagnosed with PCOS, have appropriate medication and a diet for my body, the weight does still take work to shed, but it is SO much easier than it has ever been.

I don't even get why we fight in all these weight threads? Yes, some people just cut back calories, others cut out carbs completely, others do a mixture of both. Whatever works for that person is great! There is no right or wrong here.
Old 01-12-2012, 06:30 PM
Silence! I ban you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules View Post
I don't even get why we fight in all these weight threads?
Because we're all starving
Old 01-12-2012, 06:33 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddieq View Post
Because we're all starving
Actually speaking of which, since I started low carb I have been SO not hungry. I've struggled to hit 1200 some days. It's pretty awesome

The only issue I have is trying to hit my protein goal. I'm supposed to eat something like 197g a day, and I generally make it to about 120-150 and don't really want more.
Old 01-12-2012, 06:36 PM
Obvious trollsare Obvious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saeleofu View Post
Actually speaking of which, since I started low carb I have been SO not hungry. I've struggled to hit 1200 some days. It's pretty awesome

The only issue I have is trying to hit my protein goal. I'm supposed to eat something like 197g a day, and I generally make it to about 120-150 and don't really want more.
That's a ton of protein on 1200 calories. Can I ask what your ratios are? (Totally just curious) There is no way I could eat that much protein either

I too am finding I don't feel hungry.. As an almost paramedic they put me at moderately active with 1500 calories to use, but I often use 1200 maybe.

Stop paddling your own douchecanoe

CRB Houdini's Apple Cider RXMCL AGDC AADC MSDC MJDC RNT CL3-F CL3-H EXJ Bronze
AAC's Top Dog List ~~ 2007-11 Q's ~~ 2008-11 Q's ~~ 2009-10 Q's
AAC's Overall Top Dog List - 47 Q's and 7 Titles

Stanton Acres Out Of The Ashes SGDC RNMCL MJDC ADC CL3-F CL3-S CL3-H SD-S (SP)
AAC's Top Dog List 2009 - 12 Q's

Stark Naked Burn It To The Ground