Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 01-12-2012, 11:14 AM
Top Dog

actually she's eating against the words of almost elvery mainstream "nutrition" "expert" and public policy statement everywhere. Eating lots of meat, fat ad veggies. Cuttting out grains and most fruits.

I wonder what a place like Weight Watchers would say about her eating habits. But then that same disgusting giant of a corporation is endorsing McDonalds as a place to eat as a part of their "healthy diet" so take their advice for what it's worth.
Old 01-12-2012, 12:00 PM
Obvious trollsare Obvious

Since people have gotten bitchy and cranky this is a less fun place to post..

I'm at 9.5 down though. And my ketostix are a bright purple.

Stop paddling your own douchecanoe

CRB Houdini's Apple Cider RXMCL AGDC AADC MSDC MJDC RNT CL3-F CL3-H EXJ Bronze
AAC's Top Dog List ~~ 2007-11 Q's ~~ 2008-11 Q's ~~ 2009-10 Q's
AAC's Overall Top Dog List - 47 Q's and 7 Titles

Stanton Acres Out Of The Ashes SGDC RNMCL MJDC ADC CL3-F CL3-S CL3-H SD-S (SP)
AAC's Top Dog List 2009 - 12 Q's

Stark Naked Burn It To The Ground

Old 01-12-2012, 01:50 PM
Obvious trollsare Obvious

Waited too long to edit oops.

Thanks Dak I forgot to say that when I originally posted. I like the vibrance, though inside it an be not as pretty as outside. It gave me the motivation to glop some henna on my head tonight before work (as I have like no spare time lately to make myself pretty).

I like it when it near glows

Stop paddling your own douchecanoe

CRB Houdini's Apple Cider RXMCL AGDC AADC MSDC MJDC RNT CL3-F CL3-H EXJ Bronze
AAC's Top Dog List ~~ 2007-11 Q's ~~ 2008-11 Q's ~~ 2009-10 Q's
AAC's Overall Top Dog List - 47 Q's and 7 Titles

Stanton Acres Out Of The Ashes SGDC RNMCL MJDC ADC CL3-F CL3-S CL3-H SD-S (SP)
AAC's Top Dog List 2009 - 12 Q's

Stark Naked Burn It To The Ground

Old 01-12-2012, 02:16 PM
Roos, Poos, & a Wog!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doberluv View Post
I'm merely stating that pregnancy and childbirth in and of itself is not a valid excuse for being overweight indefinitely.
Wow. Seriously? Keep this kinda crap out of a the weight loss progress thread. Go preach somewhere else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MafiaPrincess View Post
Since people have gotten bitchy and cranky this is a less fun place to post..
Amen to that.
Old 01-12-2012, 04:35 PM
Top Dog

Yes, seriously. If you don't like it, disregard it. I'll post my opinion anywhere on this forum that I feel like unless you show me where it is not allowed by the rules. What kind of crap is that you're preaching? Why should I keep this "stuff" out of this thread? Mericox?

FYI, I'm chastising myself as much as anybody for excuses I'VE made. Part of my weight loss and my stop smoking mission, my pushing ahead with much more exercise IS reminding myself that there mustn't be anymore excuses. I can not allow it in myself and I'm sharing that little gem with anyone who might want to have another tool that might work for them too. It's part of how I'm getting 'er done. If you think it's crap, well maybe it is for you. Who knows? Everyone is different and different tactics have various effects on everyone. But MY opinion is (and I have a right to post it on the forum) that it is very much a part of the problem....making excuses like that. Part of my success so far is realizing that having babies some years ago isn't why I'm fat. My slowed down, old age metabolism isn't why I'm fat. Some kind of genetic disease or imbalance isn't why I'm fat. Eating wrong is why. Not compensating for changes made as I aged and after I had babies is why I got fat. I've ruled out the real reasons, stopped making excuses, and now I can get down to business of getting more fit.
"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." -- Samuel Adams 1776

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."

Thomas Jefferson
Old 01-12-2012, 04:38 PM
Just try me..

ahh good edit!!
Old 01-12-2012, 05:02 PM
Top Dog

What is wrong with posting something that I found to be helpful...to get the nonsense out of the way and get on with the job at hand....the weight loss. This IS a weight loss thread, right? Isn't it about weight loss?

Preaching? Oh come now. Just what have you added to this thread that is of any use? Or even an attempt to be helpful? What do you do...just go around and police other peoples' posts?
"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." -- Samuel Adams 1776

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."

Thomas Jefferson
Old 01-12-2012, 05:12 PM
Just try me..

Nothing is wrong with posting your opinion. And I agree people shouldn't let pregancy issues dissuade them from losing weight.

I think the issue arises when you basically call me a liar and dismiss some very real issues people have losing weight. Its like you have it out for me, and those like me. I am tired of it and it seems others are too. I am glad what is working for you works for you, but its a little short sighted to assume it will work for everyone.

I am saddened as I would have thought you would know me and accord me with the respect of trusting me to not lie about my weight issues. Its hard enough to be honest and let everyone 'see' one's struggles, but to basically have someone you previously trusted and liked insinuates repeatedly that you are lying is very hurtful. As is the constant dismissing those issues (which are not all that uncommon it seems) and saying its so easy just do 'this' is extremely upsetting when you have done 'this' for years...
Old 01-12-2012, 05:17 PM
Just try me..

Back to the thread!...

I realized earlier I am the lowest I have been in about 7 years!!!
Old 01-12-2012, 05:20 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Just what have you added to this thread that is of any use? Or even an attempt to be helpful?
This is a PROGRESS thread. Not a post-how-you-think-others-fail-at-losing-weight thread. Maf, Mericox and everyone else have posted their progress. You are just bashing people for being fat and making excuses. What's so hard about posting your progress, and making a new thread if you want to discuss other issues/theories/etc? If you want ti whine about people making excuses, go make a new thread to bitch about it!

I've now lost 20 lbs, woo hoo!