Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 01-11-2012, 02:21 PM
Top Dog

Default Weight Loss Progress Thread!

I just thought with so many of us losing weight, it would be neat to have a progress thread where we can update and encourage each other!!

I am on my phone so I will update mine with stats etc, and maybe a picture when I get home to a computer...
Old 01-11-2012, 04:33 PM
Just try me..

here is my before pic. I am not doing a progress pic till I am about 50 pounds down.

I am down 24 pounds (or my ticker weight) since the second week in Nov
Old 01-11-2012, 05:03 PM
Obvious trollsare Obvious

I'm down 8.5, in 8-9 days. I don't have a current pic of me at 180 when I started. I was my current weight over the summer.. So lets call this pic the current 8.5 pounds down..

Well it seems most of our trip pics were strategic.. and I don't have anything to show, lol.

Ohh this one's decently unattractive..

Stop paddling your own douchecanoe

CRB Houdini's Apple Cider RXMCL AGDC AADC MSDC MJDC RNT CL3-F CL3-H EXJ Bronze
AAC's Top Dog List ~~ 2007-11 Q's ~~ 2008-11 Q's ~~ 2009-10 Q's
AAC's Overall Top Dog List - 47 Q's and 7 Titles

Stanton Acres Out Of The Ashes SGDC RNMCL MJDC ADC CL3-F CL3-S CL3-H SD-S (SP)
AAC's Top Dog List 2009 - 12 Q's

Stark Naked Burn It To The Ground

Old 01-11-2012, 05:20 PM
Top Dog

This is my total progress as of today:

01/10/10 (246 lbs)

10/01/11 (189 lbs) down 57 lbs / 23.17% body weight lost!

Here is the only before I could find, I was pretty camera shy!

This is a during, a family picture :-) don't have many of me alone..

And this is 15 year old me, not a feasible goal... LOL but one can dream right!?

Mind that crazy 90's hair!! In NS big hair was behind the times...

Old 01-11-2012, 05:45 PM
Roos, Poos, & a Wog!

As of Sunday, I am down 4.5 lbs, a total of 27 pounds since 1/1/11.
Old 01-11-2012, 06:11 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
nd this is 15 year old me, not a feasible goal... LOL but one can dream right!?
It is most certainly feasible! Unless you're talking about normal growth that you might have had around that age for just a little longer. As far as being thin like that....definitely feasible! You should see my sister and my mom. They're both very petite and thin. They both had 3 children. I never get that thing about having children as an excuse to get fat. But I wouldn't set the goal where it seems so far away to attainment. It's best to set smaller goals that will reinforce you sooner when you get there, then set another goal, and then another. jmo.

I don't think I can find a picture that shows me before I lost the approximately 40 lbs I lost since spring. Then I gained about 8 lbs during the holidays. I'm sooooooooo P.O'd with myself. Okay, so the pecan pie was so yummy, as were all the other kinds of pie. And the stuffing and everything else. So, now I'm paying for it. LOL! So, I need to lose the 8lbs before I can start losing the rest of what I wanted to lose which is about 10 -15 I think. So, we'll see about pictures. I might have an after, but not a before so I guess that won't do any good.

Congrats to all who have done so well.

It sure is healthier to eat right and exercise, keeping our bodies fit and trim. I've been watching a lot of Dr. G, medical examiner episodes on Discovery Health. And a lot of people die prematurely because of obesity. The last episode I watched was quite disturbing.

So, off we go. To eat more veggies, eat healthier kinds of fats, get more anti-oxidants, and do more exercise! I've been to the gym this morning for a half mile of laps in the pool. Now I'm about to go for a total body work-out class. Last night was cycling and the night before zumba. This is fun, but tiring since I'm not in that good of shape yet. So, little by little. I think I'll squeeze something in at the gym twice a day...swimming laps and either a class or the machines or free weights. I'm on a mission.
"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." -- Samuel Adams 1776

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."

Thomas Jefferson
Old 01-11-2012, 06:25 PM
Top Dog

I am secretly aiming for somewhere close to that......

But don't want as you said to feel like it's so far off I will never get there, I was about 130 there I have never been tiny, I set my goal at 145, I was there after my first gain and loss, and felt comfortable with myself... So my first goal is to get there and then see if I want to aim for more....

I don't really think the pregnancies or "babies" were why I gained weight... More a serious lifestyle change that occurred after having them... Combined with just not looking after myself and putting my own health, appearance and most of who I was dead last as I looked after my family both young and old... I tend to forget "I" matter too, and feel selfish and guilty.... This gain happened for much the same reasons as when I was a young newlywed mom of two.... Serious lifestyle change, my life has become almost overwhelmingly busy.. With care of an 86 year old and full time work, along with helping hubby run a business... I need once again to prioritize myself and not lose myself caring for others....

This iPhone is a godsend, when it's quiet at work, or I am sitting at a Dr appointment with John and so on.... I can browse the net, organize lists, email and so on...
Old 01-11-2012, 06:42 PM
Kotah BEAR

*CLAPS* *DANCES* *THROWS CONFETTI IN THE AIR* for yall!

Mafia - I LOVE your hair. Red hair is sexy.
Old 01-11-2012, 08:06 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraLeigh View Post
I am secretly aiming for somewhere close to that......

But don't want as you said to feel like it's so far off I will never get there, I was about 130 there I have never been tiny, I set my goal at 145, I was there after my first gain and loss, and felt comfortable with myself... So my first goal is to get there and then see if I want to aim for more....

I don't really think the pregnancies or "babies" were why I gained weight... More a serious lifestyle change that occurred after having them... Combined with just not looking after myself and putting my own health, appearance and most of who I was dead last as I looked after my family both young and old... I tend to forget "I" matter too, and feel selfish and guilty.... This gain happened for much the same reasons as when I was a young newlywed mom of two.... Serious lifestyle change, my life has become almost overwhelmingly busy.. With care of an 86 year old and full time work, along with helping hubby run a business... I need once again to prioritize myself and not lose myself caring for others....

This iPhone is a godsend, when it's quiet at work, or I am sitting at a Dr appointment with John and so on.... I can browse the net, organize lists, email and so on...
Oh, the bit about the pregnancy being an excuse for never returning to a good weight wasn't meant in regards to you personally. I meant it in a general way because people are always saying that. They'll say it to me when I whine about my weight to make me feel better. "Oh....well, you're fine. After all, you've had babies, bla bla bla and that's what happens." So, it came to mind. Of course, some stuff happens, but not THIS much stuff that I have! I know exactly why I gained....because I ate the wrong things and too much of them. Period. No excuses. Well, I'm sure there's some psychological underlying reason. And really, we should all get to the bottom of that in order to keep it off. Maybe a new thread for that one.

Later...gotta head out in two shakes to my cardio blast class. LOL. I hope I don't expire. Better take a baby aspirin first! I missed the class I was going to take (something called total body fitness) because I was on a walk with the dogs and didn't get back in time. But this is so neat. If you miss one, there's always something else you can do at the gym.

Well, woo hoooo for all of you! This is a really good trend.
"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." -- Samuel Adams 1776

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."

Thomas Jefferson
Old 01-11-2012, 08:17 PM
I'm All Ears

Here is my starting weight (approx). This was taken about a week before starting.

Front:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Ya, it's in a dressing room lol. I don't have a full length mirror.

I am down 14 lbs since then.