Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 01-10-2012, 10:57 AM
Wookie Collie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran101 View Post
but the right guy will love me for more than my reproductive abilities.. right?...
Yes.

Lots of great guys out there who don't see kids as a dealbreaker. One of the nice things about not living in the 1950's.

Be upfront and honest about it with your mum. From what I know of your relationship, she will likely be upset, but she loves you so, so much and will be there for you regardless.

((HUGS))

Finnegan - Border Collie | Barrett the ferret | Stan & Fiora - the cats
RIP - Fozzy 1993-2006 Palom 2008-2010 Ysera 2008-2011 Basol 2008-2012 Freya 2008-2014 Porom 2008-2014
Old 01-10-2012, 11:10 AM
Mild and Slightly Nutty

(((Hugs)))

It will be okay...Allie is right there are many guys out there that are okay with not having wee ones.

Also like other people have mentioned...the female body is a strange and wondrous thing sometimes yours may decide to proof that doc wrong at some point.

Don't start buying cats and litter boxes yet

A gold brick wrapped with a twist of lemon...

Visit the Curly-tailed Brigade
http://curly-tailed.blogspot.com/
Old 01-10-2012, 11:20 AM
Kotah BEAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllieMackie View Post
Yes.

Lots of great guys out there who don't see kids as a dealbreaker. One of the nice things about not living in the 1950's.

Be upfront and honest about it with your mum. From what I know of your relationship, she will likely be upset, but she loves you so, so much and will be there for you regardless.

((HUGS))
This. <3
Old 01-10-2012, 11:55 AM
& the Muttly Crew

((More Hugs))

You have every right to grieve lost possibilities, no matter if you intended to take advantage of them or whether there is still hope of a biological child.

As you know, your ability to make this world a better place, or your ability to be an amazing spouse is not contingent on your fertility. I have no doubt you would be an amazing mother or mentor if you decided that is what you wanted to do. And if the motherhood desire kicks in, as others said, there are other ways.

But logic and rationalizations can come later. You have every right to be sad, be p***ed off, and grieve if that is what you need to do.

(((Still More Hugs)))

ARCHX U-CD Kim MX MXJ NF CL3-SF RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Golden Ditzhund, b. ~Mar'07
MACH ARCHX U-CD Webster MXB MJB RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Flying Houdini, b. ~Jun'07
Mira CD JH MX MXB MXJ MJB CGC WCX -- Princess Cheeseface, b. Jul'09
Lodin -- Crazy Monkeybean, b. Dec'13
Old 01-10-2012, 11:59 AM
Top Dog

They may not be your eggs but you can still have kids if it is just your ovaries that are off. And people are told this all the time and still wind up pregnant. And this is one dr you have seen. Not sure what is going on right now but sometimes cysts go away and there is inflammation that dies down. Get another opinion. See if there are meds you can go on to slow whatever process is going on.

I just got diagnosed with PCOS and endometriosis so I am doubly screwed. But things will work out. And I never wanted kids so much as when I realized it may not happen Weird how that works.

If I have any beliefs about immortality, it is that certain
dogs I have known will go to heaven, and very, very few
persons -James Thurber
Old 01-10-2012, 12:21 PM
Let it be

First off Fran... conceiving the old fashion way isn't the only way to be a mom. Where there is a will there is a way so children are not out of your future if you want them in it.

Second if a man cannot accept that the odds may be slim for you to get pregnant through that means he isn't a very caring or understanding man and doesn't deserve you.

AND HOLY I DIDNT KNOW WE WERE THE SAME AGE!
Old 01-10-2012, 12:25 PM
Just try me..

You can still have the picket fence and the family.

There is adoption, or even guys who already have kids Don't give up the hope of having your own. But even if you can't have biological kids, you can still raise a family.
Old 01-10-2012, 12:57 PM
Taxiderpy

(((hugs)))

They did an exploratory laparoscopy on me at 16. I was told I'd never be able to conceive. Yet, here I am at 28 with two children, both conceived on birth control. Doctors don't know everything. If it's something you want some day, don't give up hope just because one doctor said it was so. And don't let that color your self worth. You're an amazing young woman with loads of potential.
Old 01-10-2012, 12:58 PM
I'm All Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahHound View Post
I was diagnosed with PCOS a few years ago, meaning I can't have kids either.

I just wanted to point out that there are loads of people with PCOS and kids. It is more difficult but very possible. On my PCOS board (I mostly lurk) there's lots of women with kids. And I know one Chazzer that has PCOS and 3 beautiful boys.
Old 01-10-2012, 01:13 PM
Top Dog

I never post anymore but this is a topic that I hold near and dear. I too have PCOS AND endometriosis. My chances for concieving naturally were pretty much nil. My ovaries did not release eggs and my endo made it hard for the 'boys' to make it to the egg if by chance one could get through. My reproductive endocrinologist was awesome though, she told me that science has come very far and it's true! My son turns 2 today. Just because I am naturally infertile does not mean that they were not able to help me concieve. There are so many options out there for infertile couples, fertility treatments, adoption, and choosing to not even have children. Don't be down because you were told that you have fertility issues, you still have so many options!