Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Training Forum

Old 11-09-2005, 11:11 PM
Training the Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by YorkieLover
I squirt mine in the face with a squirt bottle. My youngest yorkie girl is the same way, I can tell the other 3 to "knock it off" and they will stop and go back to lying down but not her.... However, once she sees the squirt bottle she usually stops but not before she gets that one last yip in...LOL
LOL! We tried that with Ruby for her jumping but she loves it, unfortunately. It must be the lab thing - `OMG WATER!!!!!!!!!!!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!'

We give dogs time we can spare, space we can spare, and love we can spare. In return they give us their all. It is the best deal man has ever made
Old 11-10-2005, 08:53 AM
yuckaduck

Jumping up is very easy to solve. Just grab her front paws and hold them up when she jumps on you. You can also tap her back paws while holdin her front paws. Do not stomp her feet, tap gentley the idea is to make it uncomfortable but not hurt her.

I swear by this method and it is always the first thing I try. If that does not work then I tip the dog over when they jump, have only had one dog that the first method did not work with though.
Old 11-10-2005, 11:21 AM
Corgi bum

Last night went pretty well for the first night. We had quite a few ppl come to the door, and I would squirt and say "quiet" and when they were quiet gave a treat. Jackson learned very fast...stubborn little Chloe...well....pretty good. I also sneezed quite a bit last night and she hates that and barks at me. I did the same thing. She was so funny though when I squirted her...she would squint her eyes tight shut and pretty soon before she got squirted would just squint. It was hilarious....what a character she is.
Old 11-13-2005, 01:15 AM
Corgi bum

Great news all...the squirt bottle has worked so well for Chloe...she's doing so much better, so is Jackson Browne. Thanks for all the tips!!