Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 12-21-2011, 08:35 PM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Auggie doesn't care about much.
Payton cares but is learning he can't do anything about it LOL. So he's kind of like "Okay, better just put up with it... the sooner I deal with it the sooner this will be over..."

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 12-21-2011, 08:35 PM
Rollin' with my bitches

Macky's very tolerant, even when she doesn't enjoy it. She hates the forced air dryer but that's about it. Keeva is squirmy and gets impatient, but she's not afraid of body handling in anyway. She's learning to be patient for nail clipping, slowly but surely. But if I were to tie something around her paw, it would be dead in 5 seconds, LOL. Same with Macky. Everything's a toy, ya know?

Old 12-21-2011, 08:45 PM
Top Dog

Extremely tolerant in most ways. He lives with my 3 year old sister who gives him a lot of grief and he always has put up with it. Of course I am supervising and always stop her, but occasionally she hugs him, or gets in his face, or wants to hold his bone for him, and he always lets her. Only gave her one growl once when she accidentally hurt him, so it was completely justified. But yeah, he's very very tolerant with her.

He's tolerant of me too, because I often dress him up for pictures, and things of the like. He doesn't MIND me holding him but it's not his favorite thing in the world. He's not a huge cuddler but in general, he's very tolerant of me doing things to him. The only thing I can't get him to cooperate for is nail trimming. But we're working on it. He's not like a biter with it, he just moves and squirms his paw a lot.

Overall, yes, he's a very tolerant dog.

Brit & Jackson

Old 12-21-2011, 09:08 PM
APBT crazy!

My 3 are fairly tolerant.
Old 12-21-2011, 09:15 PM
Top Dog

My dogs are very tolerant of anything that I do to them. I can dress them, poke them, bug them, whatever. They won't say or do anything about it, and being tolerant of anything and everything is something I also expect from them. And most of the time I actually think they enjoy it as long as it means I am paying attention to them, haha. They are tolerant of other people too, but probably not quite to the same extent as they are with me/my mom. Other people don't do weird things to them so they'd find it strange I would think.

The only thing they aren't as tolerant about is when I dremel their nails. The Dobes twitch and fidget a little bit, which I isn't so bad (would be nice if they stayed totally still, but they're a thousand times better than any other dog I've ever done nails on), but Dance screams like you wouldn't believe most of the time and constantly tugs her feet away from me. Sometimes she's better than others, and no matter what I always get it done, by still. She's such a brat. She knows I am going to do it anyway, and she's been getting it done weekly for her whole life, and she still puts up a huge fuss nearly every time.

Ripley
Keira (Very much missed 2007-2014)
Journey - Oracle Twist of Fate TreeStarr
Dance - Tollwest's Dancing In Style CGN FM RN
Old 12-21-2011, 09:49 PM
<------RIP Superdog

Riley was Awesome!!! I could do Anything to that dog, and he would let me. Obviously he needed alot of grooming, and was really good for everything. Even when he tore his tendon and had to be in a full leg cast for 10 weeks. He never once bothered it, even when it was rubbing holes in his leg by the end. I would put im up on the table at work, lay him on his side, and he would lay there for about an hour once a week for me to take the cast off, and put another on. God, I miss that dog!
Old 12-21-2011, 10:12 PM
Just try me..

That pic of Mia cracks me up!

Dekka is very tolerant. Especially if you tell her she has to leave things on. She is also very tolerant of people in general.

Wearing things:

In Off Season she had to wear a bandage (a bloody bandage.. and the blood was made of tasty syrup) She also had to let Bill hold her paw and pour water (supposedly rubbing alcohol) over it.

In Animal Control she had to be hurt.. yet again... She had to wear this 'bloody' bandage around her body.

Tolerant doesn't mean she likes it. Angry Doobee

Last year's Christmas pic (tear )

And then we have people doing things to my dog (the best was the freezer scene from Off Season. The first thing we shot was the hardest for my dog. She had to be held by a stranger, he backs into a dark upright freezer, the door closes (the camera was a hole in the back) and he, still holding my dog, lights his lighter.. sees he is trapped and freaks the hell out. Ya holding my dog!

Here is Bill backing away from the scary holding his hand over my dog's muzzle

This is a crappy pic but I love it. So we are shooting a commercial and I am outside, as I have to call Dekka so she runs across the room and through the open window. I have told her to down stay on the dog bed. The director decides he wants the bed 6 inches over. So he just moves it.. and my dog stays.

Oh in Animal Control we put her in a garbage bag, well kind of. The director was trying to figure out how he could make it look like she was in a garbage bag for the reveal. I said as long as you don't tie her in there you can put her in a garbage bag. So we sat her in the garbage bag. Then put her in a down stay on her side. Pulled the garbage bag over her, then did the reveal as she layed there. Here she is sitting

Old 12-21-2011, 10:31 PM
Mild and Slightly Nutty

It depends...

Watson will be pretty mellow about having his ears cleaned, but he is not a fan. Menchi is like wrestling an alligator to get her ears cleaned She wriggles and turns and tries to get away.

Toe nail trimmings with Menchi start with squirming and then continue with resigned sadness. Occasionally there will be wild wriggling leading to wrestling matches.

With Watson it is fairly calm with an occasional snark to remind me of his outrage.

I can touch both of them pretty much anywhere. Watson may snark if startled and surprised...basenjis are naturally snarky

A gold brick wrapped with a twist of lemon...

Visit the Curly-tailed Brigade
http://curly-tailed.blogspot.com/
Old 12-21-2011, 10:37 PM
Top Dog

Yes and no. I would definitely not call Boo a naturally tolerant dog. She puts up with a lot of stuff from me, but when it comes to stimuli that are potentially painful, scary, or uncomfortable to her, she's not all that tolerant. She's great with me and my family and has never so much as growled (costumes, dremeling nails, baths, hugs, picking her up, messing with her food, brushing her teeth, brushing her coat, cleaning her eyes... nothing is an issue, though she might not enjoy it). She's also a great nanny dog to the foster puppies once she gets to know them and although she doesn't put up with a ton of crap, she's pretty tolerant of their antics. That being said, she has to be muzzled at the vet because she is terrified there and overreacts to pain and I have seen her react fearfully to strangers greeting her with a hug or when other larger dogs greet her disrespectfully.

My Hiking Blog: http://thehikinghokie.blogspot.com/
Old 12-21-2011, 10:46 PM
Felurian

Tallulah is usually enthusiastic.

Bimmer is, tolerant. Sort of.

Kharma condescends to indulge my whims. Within certain boundaries.

Exclusive of anything having anything remotely to do with nail care for all three.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian