Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 12-21-2011, 07:40 PM
Top Dog

Default How tolerant is your dog?

For some reason I tied something around Roman's paw this afternoon. I looked down now, hours later, and he hadn't bothered to take it off lol This is typical of him. I can put socks on him, hair clips, etc and he ignores or investigates and then ignores.

He's also very tolerant of me mucking with his body. Dremeling nails? No problem (well he gets fidgety but I attribute that to boredom lol). Removing splinters that are lodged in the gums around his molars? Hardly bats an eye. And so on.

How about your dogs?
Old 12-21-2011, 07:44 PM
I'm All Ears

Mia is not tolerant at all in any way or shape or form. Except when it comes to me snuggling her. She puts up with that but only from me. But if I put something on her, she will remove it or not stop until it comes off.

Mia does this funny face when she really really hates something but knows she has to suck it up. She clenches her teeth and pulls her lip back.

summer is so-so. She's a touch more tolerant than Mia but it's still begrudgingly.
Old 12-21-2011, 07:46 PM
Top Dog

I could put socks or stickers or whatever on Todd, they would still be there the next day if I didn't take them off. Cutting nails/cleaning ears are a complete no no with him!

Lucy I can do anything to, Maddy was the same.

Katy will not stand for much at the moment, she's too interested and wants to play. I haven't brushed her teeth since she got her (6 weeks!) as she just thinks the tooth brush is a toy.

My Photos
Old 12-21-2011, 07:49 PM
Top Dog

Well I mean, if these doesn't scream "tolerant", I don't know what does:

Sorry, I went a little overboard with the hat pictures LOL.

All 3 of mine are exxxtremely tolerant of anything and everything. My nieces were over here last night and they were pulling the dogs toys right out of their mouths (yes I was supervising), playing with them, touching feet, etc. No issues whatsoever.
Old 12-21-2011, 07:55 PM
Are you dead yet?

Eve is slightly tolerant, I guess. She puts up with a lot of crap from me, but I get the death glare while it's happening.
Old 12-21-2011, 08:09 PM
Rude and Not Ginger

Enzo is very tolerant. Knox and Oz, not so much
Old 12-21-2011, 08:16 PM
I'm All Ears

Tolerance? Mia asks.

Old 12-21-2011, 08:30 PM
overdogged

They're all pretty tolerant of wearing hats and stuff

but Steve is a total pain in the rear about any kind of maintenance issue. He gets all bent out of shape about being brushed, he's obnoxious about having his feet messed with, which is a bummer because he has to get his nails trimmed, his hairy hobbit feet shaved, his pads conditioned, and his hind feet wrapped for every flyball race (depending on venue).

and Bean FDCh-S
Save the pit bull, Save the world
Are you Unruly?
Old 12-21-2011, 08:32 PM
Top Dog

Ivan is pretty tolerant of me doing things to him. I can dress him up, put him in silly situations, take things from him, cuddling and hugging him. The only thing he is not a fan of is dremeling his nails, but then he just plays the tug of war game with his foot, but lets me. Not so tolerant of others doing some of the things I do to him. Peewee is not tolerant of being dressed up or put in silly situations, but will lay there and let me trim his nails(no dremeling with him, hairy paws inall). But Peewee is very tolerant of others invading his space, Ivan not so much.

Old 12-21-2011, 08:34 PM
orange iguanas.

Juno, very. I can't put a hat on her and she doesn't like having her ears cleaned, but everything else is a piece of cake. I can put booties or sweaters on her; I've bandaged her foot with no complaints; I can cut and dremel nails, put her on her side or her back or hold her like a wheelbarrow, brush her teeth, draw her blood, whatever. She gets stepped on and pulled on and poked by kids all day long, toys ripped out of her mouth. No big deal.

Lucy is so-so. She lets me do things to her but not as willingly. Most of the time it would be SUPER beneficial if I had an extra pair of hands to help hold her because she's too squirmy and trying to get away. Whereas with Juno I'm just fine with just myself.

Juno 2009 :: Happy 2000 :: Lucy 2006 :: Cajun 2013