Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 12-21-2011, 08:53 AM
Silence! I ban you!

Sorry ladies. Thread title adjusted
Old 12-21-2011, 09:03 AM
Top Dog

Now that's a good dad! Cleaning up puke late at night....

Sorry, I know how bad it sucks - I see/hear someone puking, and I am ready to puke myself.

My dad was always real good to me when I was sick too - he was great at taking care of everything. I remember when I was 13, I got chicken pox really really bad and he was always bringing my food up to my room, putting calamine lotion on me, and stomaching through it, LOL... gotta love daddies!

Brit & Jackson

Old 12-21-2011, 09:11 AM
I'd rather be at Disney

I wish I had the ability to sleep through something like that LOL

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 12-21-2011, 09:18 AM
Silence! I ban you!

I do have to say that if one of them is going to have "the pukes", it's better for this one. She is like me. She just vomits and gets it over with. The older daughter is like their mother. They get all wound up and upset and start choking and everything. When they throw up, it's something that puts them off for hours. Me and the younger daughter both seem to be able to just get it over with and start feeling better

[slight diversion]I used to throw up during track and cross country events. I guess I just pushed so hard that my body needed to do that. I even threw up ON a competitor during the last 300 meters of a 5K. We were both "kicking" toward the finish. I beat him [/diversion]

And thanks for the kind comments about my dadness. Just part of the job
Old 12-21-2011, 10:30 AM
Top Dog

Lol. Cole ended up in the hospital with his issues, so at least I had help there.

And I'm one of those who also throws up if someone else throws up.
Old 12-21-2011, 10:33 AM
I'd rather be at Disney

I cannot handle it if Brian is throwing up and I know it. he's so great whenever I am sick. he comes in and helps me and gets me water and stuff but I cannot extend the same courtesy to him lol. I cannot be in the room if he's getting sick.

Now when Hannah is throwing up... I am unaffected. It doesn't bother me in the least (other than I'm concerned for her). This past summer we were getting ready to go to a pool party and I had on a sundress over my swimsuit and Hannah walked up to me and BARF... I caught it with my dress LOL

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 12-21-2011, 10:40 AM
Top Dog

Awww, hope the kiddo is feeling better.

Story time! When I was little, I threw up on my sister's (very expensive) American Girl doll. Of course, I didn't get any on my own American Girl doll, just hers.
Old 12-21-2011, 12:11 PM
Silence! I ban you!

Ha, nice, Skivvies

Tanya - I think my wife may have decided I was "the one" about the time when she was sick, kneeling at the porcelain throne and I sat on the edge of the tub holding her hair
Old 12-21-2011, 12:16 PM
Top Dog

I am really really bad with throw up...just gag. Luckily my children are both good about making it to the bathroom. And, I shouldnt share this as it will win me a bad wife award lol...but last year DH was sick. I heard him in the bathroom and then I heard a crash. I was half asleep but remember thinking did he just fall? SHould I go check? But then thought about the smell of vomit and fell back asleep :O Yeah, he came back in a couple minutes later..he had actually passed out!

Sad thing is I should be used to vomit. My little brother has as really rare chronic disease and for awhile when he was younger, one of his meds caused him to vomit a lot. EVERY night in the middle of dinner he puked. My other brother and I would go under the table, my dad would throw my mom a roll of paper towels on the way to the bathroom so he could puke, and my mom would clean it all up. THen we would all sit back down and finish dinner.

Rotovirus...shudder. Both my children, my husband, and I ALL had it at the same time...grossest virus ever...shudder. The smell....you know it by the smell
Old 12-21-2011, 01:11 PM
Felurian

I can deal with dog puke, diarrhea, whatever.

Just do NOT ask em to even be in the same room with the human stuff.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
— Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian