Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 12-21-2011, 12:58 AM
Silence! I ban you!

Default Gotta love the late night drama - *WARNING - Vomit inside*

Sitting watching some TV and getting ready to take out the garbage and head up to bed. I hear the older daughter in the bathroom, which is not unusual. She's 16 and is often up late reading and such. Then I heard her yell, "Eeeewww!" and hear her sister say, "Sorry".

The younger daughter (11) got up to puke. She made it as far as the hallway outside of the bathroom. It was a perfect storm. The 16 year old had carried her stuffed cat with her, but decided to place her in the hallway to keep her from getting wet while she washed up after using the toilet. Of course, that's where her sister vomited

So, there I was, 1 AM, cleaning vomit from the carpet, getting the 11 year old into the shower (puke in the hair and such) and then consoling the devastated 16 year old who now has vomit on her prized stuffed animal. The stuffed cat, the pajamas and washcloths I used in the cleanup efforts are just finishing up in the washing machine and now the 11 year old just came out and puked again. So on top of everything, I'll have her at home tomorrow. Fortunately, I am on vacation until the end of the year (gotta use the time or lose it).

I hear the washing machine has stopped. Time to get it in the dryer.

Yaaaawwwn!!
Old 12-21-2011, 01:31 AM
Felurian

You couldn't make this stuff up, Eddie

So, do you classify that as a problem or an inconvenience? I KNOW which one the 16 year old considers it

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
— Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 12-21-2011, 01:39 AM
Silence! I ban you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee750il View Post
You couldn't make this stuff up, Eddie

So, do you classify that as a problem or an inconvenience? I KNOW which one the 16 year old considers it
It was certainly inconvenient, that's for sure
But yes, the 16 year old was completely devastated that there was puke on her kitty (and on her pajama pants). It's happened before and I dare say it will happen again. Puke doesn't bother me so much. My wife hates cleaning the stuff, so it's a good thing she slept through all of this

I just emailed her homeroom teacher asking for a classwork/homework packet to be prepared. I live across from the school, so I can walk over there and pick it up once it's ready sometime during the day.
Old 12-21-2011, 02:34 AM
pointer/labrador/terrier

I am so sorry.

Go Petie Go Go Who Go!

love comes in many directions with mary

Side by side on the sofa sat three annoyed dogs and one smug cat
and then in came a little white cat
Old 12-21-2011, 06:11 AM
Love my pets

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Eddie you're a great dad! Hope she feels better soon.
Old 12-21-2011, 08:13 AM
Top Dog

Ewwwwwwww. Poor 16 yr old and her stuffed animal. I hope everything cleaned up and hope the little sick one will get over whatever bug she has in time for Xmas. What a lousy time to be sick. Parenthood: comes with all kinds of neat little chores, huh.
"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." -- Samuel Adams 1776

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."

Thomas Jefferson
Old 12-21-2011, 08:31 AM
Top Dog

That rivals the time Cole got rotavirus. I had just changed the very 1st icky, nasty, puke-inducing diaper and had turned my attention to his newborn brother when I heard Cole splashing in liquid. I saw him sitting in the foyer, and I thought he had dumped his drink out and was splashing in it. WRONG. It was liquid all right, but it wasn't his drink and it wasn't his pee. Rotavirus. You figure it out. I've got to go throw up now.
Old 12-21-2011, 08:43 AM
I'd rather be at Disney

wow I really shouldn't have read this entire thread while eating my breakfast lol

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 12-21-2011, 08:44 AM
Silence! I ban you!

Well, the puke stage seems to be passed, now she's just miserable

Miakoda - that story is just so...Ewwwww!

The stuffed kitty fared well. I tied her tightly in a pillow case and she came out just fine. Phew. It's special to her because she got it during a favorite family vacation. Glad it didn't disintegrate
Old 12-21-2011, 08:51 AM
Kotah BEAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barb04 View Post
I've said it before and I'll say it again, Eddie you're a great dad! Hope she feels better soon.
I absolutely must agree. Dad of the year award goes to EDDIE! *claps claps claps*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miakoda View Post
That rivals the time Cole got rotavirus. I had just changed the very 1st icky, nasty, puke-inducing diaper and had turned my attention to his newborn brother when I heard Cole splashing in liquid. I saw him sitting in the foyer, and I thought he had dumped his drink out and was splashing in it. WRONG. It was liquid all right, but it wasn't his drink and it wasn't his pee. Rotavirus. You figure it out. I've got to go throw up now.
*gag* That is just... ewwww! lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparks19 View Post
wow I really shouldn't have read this entire thread while eating my breakfast lol
I was just drinking coffee and couldn't drink it no more, I opened the wrong thread this morning lol