Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 12-20-2011, 11:15 PM
Felurian

Prowlers

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 12-20-2011, 11:35 PM
orange iguanas.

If I want liver, that's where I go. I can get a package for $3 and it makes a bunch of treats.

I like this idea:
Quote:
Also I get liver, heart, gizzard (whatever else internal organs that happen to be on sale), grind it up with some pumpkin to make it stick together and dry that in the oven as well.
Otherwise I usually just buy the cheapest store bought treats I can find. Juno's not picky, she gets super excited for everything... I honestly couldn't tell you what she finds low value or high value lol.

Oddly enough I think the best reaction I got from her was over these homemade apple cinnamon treats I made once. They were kind of like a granola bar, only soft, that I made into small balls. She LOVED them but I was an idiot and didn't refrigerate them, so they got moldy and I haven't made them since. I tried one and actually found them pretty tasty as well lol.

Juno 2009 :: Happy 2000 :: Lucy 2006
Old 12-21-2011, 10:55 AM
Top Dog

I have been making my own chicken breast and lamb liver treats by dicing and dehydrating in the oven. But frankly each batch only makes enough training treats for about a day and a half. So I just ordered a ton of treats online for a decent price. The Primal three pack box of chicken nibs, turkey liver nibs, and vension lung puffs. Then some Primal Lamb heart treats and a bag each of Bravo's Turkey bites and buffalo bites training treats. I'll admit, its pure laziness on my part! But I've been really good about making treats for like two months and frankly I could be training a lot more if I wasn't wasting all that time making treats, lol.

I bet with one dog it would be no biggie for you to make your own treats though.
Old 12-21-2011, 11:42 AM
Plus One

I am going to start getting liver etc from the butchers for dog treats for training class and other highly stimulating areas, at home they can just keep working for kibble! lol,

Usually, though we only get bones from the butchers and it would be a little difficult to train with a bone!