Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > Member Introductions

Old 11-08-2005, 08:07 PM
Big Dog

Talking Guess it's time to introduce myself :-)

Hi all,
I know this is a bit late since I've been posting for a month or so now :-)

I found Chaz as I was doing a search for different training collars. After reading a few threads, I noticed a few "familiar" faces and joined. I just forgot to post an intro for those unfamiliar faces :-)

My name is Tracy, I'm a 33yr old stay at home mom to my most wonderful daughter. I'm also in my senior year at University of Maryland - online - I carry a Social Science major with a minor in English. My husband is in the Air Force so we travel A LOT! We seem to be stuck in a circle that takes us from freezing in Minot North Dakota, to the warmth of Okinawa Japan (where we are currently serving our second tour) to the ever beautiful and scenic Germany. I live for and love the travel but must admit it takes much preparation and money to travel with all the critters.

Currently we are owned by Petri, a very neurotic Chihuahua (mix?) that was a pet store/puppy mill rescue (LONG story), YoYo (my daughter's Siamese) and Chihiro my ever energetic, almost 6 month old Doberman pup. Petri and Yo were both aquired in ND, Chi is an American/German dog that was born and bred in Japan (talk about identity crisis LOL).

We also have 2 pets that do not live with us. Max, a little corgi-shiba mix that we picked up here about 10 years ago who decided life on the in-laws farm in Kentucky was far more fun than traveling the world AND Casper, a HUGE ragdollish type cat that found us a few months before we moved here. My parents were supposed to just babysit him while we waited for his blood work (FAVN) results to come in and then ship him to us. However, they have fallen absolutely in love with him and have basically cat-napped him! I miss him terribly but am so happy that even though I don't have him, he's off the streets and in a loving home :-)

Here are a couple pics of the pooches :-)

I've very much enjoyed my time here so far and look forward to getting to know you all a little better :-)

Old 11-08-2005, 08:14 PM
Island dweller

awww cute pics. Nice intro
Old 11-08-2005, 08:20 PM
Big Dog

HI Tracy!!!!
Old 11-08-2005, 09:03 PM
yuckaduck

Welcome to chazhound, it is a pleasure to get to know you

Beautiful dogs too.
Old 11-08-2005, 09:07 PM
GSDGurl

Welcome Finally lol.I am Lisa.I am 22 until January.Part time Show Kennel Assistant.I have a 3 year old daughter and 2 dogs.Rosco Min Pin and Sasha GSD.I will be adding another soon for Showing in Conformation.
Old 11-08-2005, 09:49 PM
Top Dog

Welcome to chazhound. It's great to meet you.
Old 11-09-2005, 04:11 AM
Quigleyfied

whereabouts in germany have you lived?

from age 13 on i grew up with lots of american friends since my parents had a contract with the US armed forces for short term housing at their hotel. it was a great time and even after 20 years there are still people we are in contact with from those days.

this was cooke barracks, near stuttgart in southwestern germany.
- Product Research

I've been frosted!
Old 11-09-2005, 05:29 AM
Big Dog

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mordy
whereabouts in germany have you lived?

from age 13 on i grew up with lots of american friends since my parents had a contract with the US armed forces for short term housing at their hotel. it was a great time and even after 20 years there are still people we are in contact with from those days.

this was cooke barracks, near stuttgart in southwestern germany.
We were officially stationed at Sembach but lived closer to Ramstein. Both are southwest of Stuttgart (I think :-) ) It's amazing that we've travelled so much and my geography is so bad LOL. The village we lived in, Queidersbach, is just about 15 min from the French border. We're hoping to go back to Germany when we leave here the summer of '08 :-)

Old 11-09-2005, 01:24 PM
Corgi bum

Hi Tracey and welcome to Chazhound. It's really nice to have you here. I'm Dena...I have a Pembroke Welsh Corgi, Chloe, a mini Dachshund, Jackson Browne, a seal point Siamese, Hootie, and a blue point Siamese, Felida. I also have a husband, Greg, a daughter, Jaime (21) and a son Brandon (15). I work for a hospital lab but am stationed in an Internal Medicine physians office.

It's funny that you're in Minot, ND. Both of my parents were born and raised there. I have tons of family there.

I look forward to chatting with you.
Old 11-09-2005, 01:44 PM
Alpha Dog

Welcome to the Dog Forums!

Chazhound