Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Pictures and Pet Photos


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Old 12-25-2011, 08:42 PM
Teal Teal is offline
...ice road...
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Northern California
Posts: 1,497
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Chrome View Post
You were banned from another forum after they caught on to your ways and lies.




Sorry, you must be confusing me with you. I've never been banned from a forum.

I really don't have to explain myself to you - I don't care if the dog is listed as my OWN or as a FOSTER... if a BETTER home comes along for the dog, you can be **** sure I'm going to let the dog have the best life possible. It's not as though I had my OWN dogs for YEARS, and then suddenly placed them. No - every dog placed came into my home without a set "title", with the possibilities open.

Angus is living THE spoiled rotten life he deserves... so really, I don't give a rat's behind WHAT you think of me for it
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 12-25-2011, 08:53 PM
AdrianneIsabel's Avatar
AdrianneIsabel AdrianneIsabel is offline
Glutton for Crazy
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Portland, Oregon
Posts: 8,893
Default

Ah, the epic debate... what constitutes a "foster"... Is it a philanthropic act or a convenient way to avoid commitment?

Most people like their dogs to be in a home for life and wan to see the new owner rearrange their life to fit the dog they just had to adopt/buy.

Wrong or right it should, in my mind, be told prior to adoption/purchase your intensions with such dog, "I am taking in this dog and will keep it if it suits what I want, if it stops at any point I will send it away (no matter how the dog feels about this)."

Just some unrequited pondering on the topic.
__________________
Sloan von Krigbaum IPO1 CGC BH CD NA NJ PD MJ-N RATI RATN 3/7/10 -
Shamoo NJ-N RATI RATN 3/1/98 -
Phelan du Loups du Soleil CGC RATI 6/15/13 -
Chili Brigades Brover 5/23/14 -

Arnold CGC TDI FD 6/29/04 - 07/05/13
Backup CGC HIC CD SRD SJ-N RATI 12/29/09 - 07/05/13

You were amazing, we did amazing things.


Harmony Canine, relationship based training.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 12-25-2011, 09:09 PM
cloudcandy's Avatar
cloudcandy cloudcandy is offline
Cloudcandy
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: London
Posts: 1,086
Default

Did'nt know quite what to say after reading these posts.Not quite sure if this was a more personal thing between two member's or an open discussion.
I will say:
-Puppy is cute.
-I am confused after looking at your other post's about the amount of dogs you have/had etc.Thats not my business.
-What happened to the little chi that you previously said you had had for 8-9years?I have no right to ask that really,am just being nosy,however the descriptions giving by other members and yourself of what you do,or how your kennels work has tripped me up a bit.I believed from what I'd seen so far,that you were a dog fosterer?
-Not sure why the relavence of you living with your parents is important to this discussion.
Just thought I'd say all that really....
__________________

"If you are allergic to a thing, it is best not to put that thing in your mouth, particularly if the thing is cats."
Lemony Snicket
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 12-25-2011, 09:21 PM
Red Chrome's Avatar
Red Chrome Red Chrome is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,568
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianneIsabel View Post
Ah, the epic debate... what constitutes a "foster"... Is it a philanthropic act or a convenient way to avoid commitment?

Most people like their dogs to be in a home for life and wan to see the new owner rearrange their life to fit the dog they just had to adopt/buy.

Wrong or right it should, in my mind, be told prior to adoption/purchase your intensions with such dog, "I am taking in this dog and will keep it if it suits what I want, if it stops at any point I will send it away (no matter how the dog feels about this)."
Just some unrequited pondering on the topic.
I think if the dog is a foster and represented as such it is different than saying the dog is your OWN. In my mind, once you commit to a dog by calling it your own, only under extenuating circumstances should the dog be rehomed.

The bolded part is such a horrific mindset to me. I don't even see this kind of behavior in the working dog people that I know. It is just sickening to get and rehome dogs time and again, forum after forum. While representing them as your own. A local rescue here does that, gets a dog and keeps it till it is no longer wanted and then rehomed through their rescue for an extraordinary amount of money!

So really NONE of your dogs are permanent, they are just there until a "better" situation or home comes along. Nice. That's wonderful for your animals.
__________________
Osyrius SilverChrome GTOVonMarionHaus-OFA H/E DM Free CGC DDJ RN BH
WBBs BleauChrome Lady of TheCopa-CGC STARR Naughty RockStar
The BlackChrome Executioner VonMarionHaus-Puppy Terrorist
The OldMan Hobie-CGC Rotten Old Dog 11/14/99-01/08/2013
Talulajhs RedChrome Kahpone-CGC TT BH TDI 10/31/04-06/07/10.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 12-26-2011, 01:58 AM
Teal Teal is offline
...ice road...
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Northern California
Posts: 1,497
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudcandy View Post
Did'nt know quite what to say after reading these posts.Not quite sure if this was a more personal thing between two member's or an open discussion.
I will say:
-Puppy is cute.
-I am confused after looking at your other post's about the amount of dogs you have/had etc.Thats not my business.
-What happened to the little chi that you previously said you had had for 8-9years?I have no right to ask that really,am just being nosy,however the descriptions giving by other members and yourself of what you do,or how your kennels work has tripped me up a bit.I believed from what I'd seen so far,that you were a dog fosterer?
-Not sure why the relavence of you living with your parents is important to this discussion.
Just thought I'd say all that really....


I have nothing to hide and have never lied about any dog - so I am more than happy to discuss it, when approached politely... which some people don't know how to do! lol

- Thank you
- I currently have three APBT and one Saluki. These are MY dogs, that I have had for at least two years (minus the newest pup).
I had two dogs dumped on me by my ex (Lyric and Angus) when she went into bootcamp, who I thought I'd keep since I'd lived with them before and liked them. It was a nice *thought*... However, my living arrangement as it is now didn't properly accommodate those dogs, and they were placed in homes where they are inside members of their families.
I (stupidly) pulled two puppies from a shelter earlier the year, one of which I intended to keep and the other I couldn't stand to leave behind... so, I pulled them both. The one I kept is the one who died from ingesting poison while I was away from home. The other puppy, who I never intended to keep, was placed in a loving home.

My biggest fault is that I've been too soft hearted and taken in dogs I shouldn't have - dogs that were at risk for being euthanized (in the case of pulled shelter dogs) or were being dumped by people I know... and I took them in without any really plans, beyond helping them out in that moment.

- The Chihuahua lives with my parents (and always has). Since we currently share property, I see her a lot and she often interacts with my dogs. I DO call her mine, because I grew up with her throughout the high school years I still lived with my folks.

- It's not important to the discussion. It's someone with obviously personal issues against me, for whatever reason, just trying to be rude.

And one last thing I'd like to touch on - MY dogs are permanent. The dogs that I plan to acquire, research and wait for - are permanent. Sometimes, despite all that planning and research, a dog still isn't a proper fit for the home and must be returned. Such is life!!
Dogs that are dumped on me, or that I take in because I was thinking with my heart instead of my head - are not always permanent.
How hard of a concept is this to understand, really?
Yes, I should have NOT taken in most of the dogs I did - which is why I even now refuse to help someone with dogs I know and love. All I've ever done is help dogs who needed help, and placed them in proper homes. Which, apparently to a few people, is THE worst thing on the planet.
What about the people neglecting/starving dogs because they have too many but refuse to get rid of any?
Or the people with intact dogs who reprodce, because they can't keep them separated or afford to spay/neuter them? Etc. Etc.
If your argument really is that I am SUCH a horrible person because I took in a few dogs I shouldn't have, yet still upheld my end of the bargain to those dogs and made sure they were in the best possible homes... I don't know what to say! Obviously your theories and MY theories on pet ownership differ DRASTICALLY - but I DO know I'm not alone in my views. I am probably just the only one open enough about them to catch flack for it!
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 12-26-2011, 02:07 AM
Whisper's Avatar
Whisper Whisper is offline
Kaleidoscopic Eye
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 13,746
Default

I'm going to stay out of the discussion because:
a) This seems like a very personal thing between two people.
b) I'm not sure how I feel about it, though it is hard to imagine rehoming so many dogs.
c) I don't know your situation or events that happened with each of these dogs, not enough to judge in any case.
d) I'm confused.

So I want to say that's one of the most gorgeous APBT pups I've ever seen. Lovely coloring and absolutely adorable ears! <3
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 12-26-2011, 02:26 AM
Teal Teal is offline
...ice road...
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Northern California
Posts: 1,497
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whisper View Post
I'm going to stay out of the discussion because:
a) This seems like a very personal thing between two people.
b) I'm not sure how I feel about it, though it is hard to imagine rehoming so many dogs.
c) I don't know your situation or events that happened with each of these dogs, not enough to judge in any case.
d) I'm confused.

So I want to say that's one of the most gorgeous APBT pups I've ever seen. Lovely coloring and absolutely adorable ears! <3


"Rehoming" is a relative term, when you figure I didn't "own" all of them to begin with. Yes, I did legitimately FOSTER a lot of dogs... therefor, rehoming was appropriate. There were several dogs where the line of ownership/foster status was apparently blurred enough that rehoming them caused some people to start accusing me of dumping dogs.

I'm seriously considering making a blog-thingy that has the story of each dog being used against me by this small group of people, just so I don't have to keep repeating myself

But thank you for your compliments on my boy
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 12-26-2011, 03:48 AM
Whisper's Avatar
Whisper Whisper is offline
Kaleidoscopic Eye
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 13,746
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teal View Post


"Rehoming" is a relative term, when you figure I didn't "own" all of them to begin with. Yes, I did legitimately FOSTER a lot of dogs... therefor, rehoming was appropriate. There were several dogs where the line of ownership/foster status was apparently blurred enough that rehoming them caused some people to start accusing me of dumping dogs.

I'm seriously considering making a blog-thingy that has the story of each dog being used against me by this small group of people, just so I don't have to keep repeating myself

But thank you for your compliments on my boy
Yes, just see d) of my post. I am confused. Part of the discussions seems to including debating the lines of foster/permanent addition.

This got me more confused as to whether they were added as fosters or not:
Quote:
Sometimes, despite all that planning and research, a dog still isn't a proper fit for the home and must be returned. Such is life!!
Regardless of the reason you got each dog, I think it's not so cut and dry, and describing a dog as "mine" doesn't mean it's not a foster. Say you find a dog on the street, take it in, don't find any sign of an owner, you don't know whether it's going to fit into your life or whether you're going to keep it. Is it really so bad to say it's your dog, implying it's a permanent addition, rather than saying "I have two dogs. Oh, and this other one. It may or may not be a foster and I may or may not keep it?" One shouldn't need to explain all that, IMO.
Again, I don't know the story of the dogs that were rehomed or adopted out, so I have nothing to judge. Just my thoughts on the complaints of you not distinguishing whether a dog is a foster or not.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 12-26-2011, 09:26 AM
AdrianneIsabel's Avatar
AdrianneIsabel AdrianneIsabel is offline
Glutton for Crazy
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Portland, Oregon
Posts: 8,893
Default

Maybe you're right, maybe I'm confused, Didn't you share on PBC that you were in the shower, not away from the home, when your dog ate poison in the garage? You then knew it was too late so made a choice to let the dog go at home not the vet?

Would you say those of us who rearrange our lives for our dogs to make our dogs happy and keep them instead of finding new homes for the dogs and buying more are the wrong way to own dogs?

You have such a forgein and seemingly cold hearted view, do you ever consider how the dogs that spent all that time with you feel about the situation? Maybe they don't want a new home, dogs adjusting need not be addressed, why not make it work with your current dogs? I can say I'm actually trying to understand why if all these dog rehomings are genuine.

I hope for this puppy he can make it work so he doesn't get attached then rehomed. I've spent too long in rescue dealing with the quirks rehoming causes to be comfortable with it without a strong case. Maybe you have valid cases for each dog but if you're running through as many dogs as it has appeared in the amount of time given maybe the problem is you and not the dogs.

Maybe your blog is a fine idea.
__________________
Sloan von Krigbaum IPO1 CGC BH CD NA NJ PD MJ-N RATI RATN 3/7/10 -
Shamoo NJ-N RATI RATN 3/1/98 -
Phelan du Loups du Soleil CGC RATI 6/15/13 -
Chili Brigades Brover 5/23/14 -

Arnold CGC TDI FD 6/29/04 - 07/05/13
Backup CGC HIC CD SRD SJ-N RATI 12/29/09 - 07/05/13

You were amazing, we did amazing things.


Harmony Canine, relationship based training.

Last edited by AdrianneIsabel; 12-26-2011 at 09:43 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 12-26-2011, 10:00 AM
eddieq's Avatar
eddieq eddieq is offline
Silence! I ban you!
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: PA
Posts: 8,710
Default

Let's keep the "other forum drama" on the other forums.

That is all.
__________________
When things don't go your way, stop and think, "Problem, or inconvenience?" - with apologies to Robert Fulghum
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:12 PM.


1997-2013 Chazhound Dog Site