Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Puppy Forum

Old 11-10-2005, 02:44 PM
Big Dog

Rufus isn't bad. I actually have a long list but like I said none of them are really sticking or making me say "That's it!" I feel like I kind of need more of a human type name b/c our other dog is Savannah...... Who knows!!
Old 11-10-2005, 04:12 PM
Imagination ROCKS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by my2girls
Sirius ~ What do you mean about introducing him slowly? To other dogs or people or both? We have a female dog that's about 4 y/o and a cat that is 6 months old, and then my mom is getting a puppy 2 weeks b/f we get ours. Hers is a yellow lab. We are also going to start him in obedience classes in Jan.

Thanks for you info! I still have no clue on names, we just can't seem to find one that really sticks. I think one problem is that my other animals are Savannah and Asia and I feel like I need to have a name that goes w/ those two. I know that I will always be calling the dogs together to go out/come in/eat etc.... so it's like I need something that kinda goes together kwim?

Jamie

Bulls are a very dominant and dog-aggresive breed. Introduce your other dog slowly.
Old 11-10-2005, 04:36 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirius
Bulls are a very dominant and dog-aggresive breed. Introduce your other dog slowly.
A young puppy bullmastiff will not act aggressively. A mature male bullmastiff is another story! When he's old enough, make sure you get him neutered. Watch him around your cat as some are known for a high prey drive and I would keep him away from other male dogs when he is mature. A male bullmastiff is a powerful, head strong animal, you must establish that you are the leader early on!
Old 11-10-2005, 05:33 PM
Big Dog

Thanks guys for the info. We had a bullmastiff when I was still living at home. He was a great dog (actually the reason I want a bullmastiff myself), he did great w/ other dogs, however I have heard and read that they are dog aggressive so I will be careful. We are getting him neutered as soon as he's old enough.

Jamie
Old 11-10-2005, 06:17 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Thanks guys for the info. We had a bullmastiff when I was still living at home. He was a great dog (actually the reason I want a bullmastiff myself), he did great w/ other dogs, however I have heard and read that they are dog aggressive so I will be careful. We are getting him neutered as soon as he's old enough.

Jamie
Good for you! Sounds like you know what you need to know! My really good friend shows and breeds bullmastiffs so I have had the priviledge of watching them grow and interact etc. She has a litter due in January and I can't wait to smoosh their faces!!!
Old 11-10-2005, 08:24 PM
Big Dog

Showpug ~ That's cool, I really love the bullmastiff and the Pug breed. I had a fawn pug when I was younger. I named him Tucker. I sure loved that little guy. Your pug is really pretty! What kind of names does your friend name her Bullmastiffs and their pups? I feel like I need a somewhat human name b/c of my other dogs name, I don't know, I like things to kind of go together I guess.

Jamie
Old 11-10-2005, 09:41 PM
no touchy

Quote:
Those are neat suggestions. How do your pronounce the first one? I was thinking Mana would be pronounced the way it looks w/ a short a?

Thank you for your suggestions!

Jamie
I'm not sure, but I think it's "Ick-ki-kuh" or "Ick-ki-uh-kuh".
What are these tears upon your face?
Soon you will see, all of your fears will pass away.
And you'll be here, in my arms.
Just sleeping.
Old 11-11-2005, 12:01 AM
<------

If it was a male how bout Titan and a female how bout Spirit
Old 11-11-2005, 03:10 PM
Imagination ROCKS.

my2girls;

I am so lucky that when I got Sam she was already socialized. She needs her space though. She is allowed on the 2nd and 3rd floor while Harley is only allowed on the 1st. Kitty Cat Territory is 4th floor! Meow!
Old 11-11-2005, 03:50 PM
Felurian

Since your hubby likes the Colts and this is going to be a big, STRONG dog - why not name him Freeney, after Dwight Freeney? Peyton's a good quarterback, but he's not exactly known for being a strong guy, lol!

I kinda like Rufus too, and Roscoe . . . or Gabe.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
— Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian