Uuuggghh tummy troubles

Emily

Rollin' with my bitches
Keeva has me kind of freaked... This is the deal:

Yesterday, her AM poop was runny. PM poop was, as I like to call it, "firehose butt". I gave her some brown rice with canned pumpkin.

Last night, she woke me up at 2 and 4 to go out and had more squirty poop. The 4 am poop was a little better - not total liquid.

Then, at around 6, she vomited - all bile except for one large, firm chunk of something I can't identify. (I saved in case we end up at the vets, it's white, bigger than a quarter, and sort of spongy yet firm.) The only thing I can think of is that it's a chunk of cartilage from the RMB I gave her two days ago.

She vomited a bit more bile this morning, but had a slightly firmer poop than before when I let her out. I thought she was getting better, but then when I fed her a little more rice and pumpkin like 1/2 an hour ago, she vomited it up almost immediately.

She is acting 100% normal otherwise, super appetite, same toy drive, still crazy (she's harassing the cat right now), bright eyed, etc. When she doesn't feel well, her haws go WAY up, and her eyes look normal atm.

She is still drinking, and peeing, is not dehydrated. The refill time on her gums is good.

Does it sound like a blockage? Macky once slammed back a whole drumstick and had to get it cut out (*facepalm*) but she was immediately uncomfortable - panting, drooling, no appetite, the whole shebang. Keeva no behavioral changes what so ever, and every description of a blockage you read always says they'll be lethargic and anorexic.

I have work today, so I'm gonna bring her but keep her crated so I can check on her.

Halp?

AliciaD

On second thought...
Sorry! It doesn't sound like a blockage to me, but I have never seen a dog with it so I'm not 100% sure.

For me, acting abnormal is always the thing that worries me, and since she has been acting normal and the symptoms have only persisted for around 24 hours, and you can keep an eye on, I would say to wait and watch.

But I would also be freaking out.

I hope she feels better soon! I will be waiting for an update saying she is all better.

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
Doesn't sound like a blockage to me. She DID poop so it sounds like things are moving, or would be if she weren't vomiting up everything she tries to eat now.

I would just fast her for 24 hours, then give her a bit of rice boiled with low-sodium chicken broth and see if that stays down. The pumpkin could be too rich if she already has an upset stomach, thus making her puke it right back up. Let her digestive system take a break and fast her. If you want to try and get some nutrients in her while fasting, you can mix chicken broth with her water, since she's drinking fine.

I would say if she's still vomiting after another full day of fasting it might be time to vet, but I'm still not immediately thinking blockage...

CharlieDog

Rude and Not Ginger
This MUST be going around. Check my thread about something is wrong with Enzo and Nikki had a thread about Harleigh doing the exact same thing.

Emily

Rollin' with my bitches
Ok good, just keep telling me it's not a blockage. LOL :p

I have not given anymore food today. She has pooped once and it was liquid with some smaller, more solid parts.

I'm going to fast her for 24 hr as suggested, and then we'll see. She's still as crazy as normal.

Thanks guys!

Emily

Rollin' with my bitches
Eek I went and checked those threads! Nasty. We've got a cyber bug going around the forum...

Have you recently changed her food or would you happen to know if she may have eaten something that doesn't agree with her? I would suggest giving her some plain boiled chicken and rice (no seasonings/oil/etc) until her stomach calms down. If you're still extremely worried or if her stomach doesn't seem to be settling, then definitely take her in to see her vet. Good luck and I hope she feels better!

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
Yeah when Juno had a blockage it completely knocked her on her ass, she was a 100% different dog.

She also had this same issue a couple months ago. We ended up going to the e-vet because her behavior was a little off too but all it was was a bad case of nausea that cleared up in a day.

Emily

Rollin' with my bitches
Alright, she's doing much better now... still not sure what the deal was, but she hasn't vomited for a few days and her poops are much better.

Ugh. Dogs.

Members online

No members online now.