Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Training Forum

Old 11-09-2005, 04:32 AM
Big Dog

Thank you for explaining that better, Mordy :-)

Old 11-10-2005, 11:28 AM
Corgi bum

I don't see anything wrong with crating at times. Most dogs like it...it's their quiet spot. I can really see where it would come in handy with a 6 month old doberman pup during gymnastics practice.
Old 11-10-2005, 11:52 AM
Vizsla Mom

Taking your dog for a walk after eating works the best for us "Otis" always poops after he eats. We have never had a poop problem in the house. It wouldn't take to long of a walk for a small dog to get their pipes moving. I would walk until the pup goes and then praise the heck outta them.
Good Luck!
Old 11-10-2005, 09:48 PM
Big Dog

im sorry if i made it sound as if i think all ppl who crate are lazy, i dont.
I think what i said was its easy to become lazy when the dog seems perfectly happy in there.. as long as a dog gets its metal stimulance as well as a long walk or two + shorter "pee walks" and isnt stuck in a crate all day long im not saying you are bad owners..

And God knows im not the perfect " mommy " i have my days of being lazy.. in a bad mood or wishing i could stay in bed all day,

but overall i know my dogs have it pretty good, they get loooong walks ( they have gotten even longer since we had the mirrorwall put up in the bedroom *LOL* ) they get to play with a few selected friends a few times a week, and they are showered with love every waken hour of their lives.

oh and sometimes... i even feed em

Old 11-11-2005, 02:25 PM
no touchy

Just because somebody crates their dogs doesn't mean that they are bad owners. Crates can be great housetraining tools, to make sure your dog doesn't make puddles all over the house. If you can't keep an eye on your dog for a few minutes, you can put him in his crate and not worry about any messes.
What are these tears upon your face?
Soon you will see, all of your fears will pass away.
And you'll be here, in my arms.
Just sleeping.
Old 11-11-2005, 05:15 PM
Big Dog

Default Coming off as very condescending.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocco&quiras mama
I dont understand why you ppl think crating is the only way to fix a problem.

All she has to do is catch the dog in time, pick the dog up and take it outside, like you do with puppies.

Its not very hard to spot the signs.. sniffing, turning around to find the perfect position.. study the dog and youll soon be able to tell when its time.
Are you here to participate, or to show your superiority? I don't disagree with a lot of things you say. I certainly don't think a dog should just be left alone in a crate for long periods. But you seem fond of pointing out how things are so much better where you are, and how where you are everything is done better than how the Yanks do it.

Sorry to be so blunt about it, but you seem to like to be very "frank" with others, so it's only fair to expect the same in return.
Old 11-11-2005, 05:25 PM
Island dweller

Isn't #2 poo and not pee?
Old 11-11-2005, 07:48 PM
Big Dog

jus don give up. my dog chase wasnt completly potty trained until about a month ago. and hes a year old lol. hes stubborn wha can i say. but jus watch for signs. wha helped me is walking him aroudn the house on a leash when i couldnt watch him so i keep my eyes on him. jus keep tryin she'll get it
Old 11-12-2005, 07:55 AM
Big Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by BudgetsDad
Are you here to participate, or to show your superiority? I don't disagree with a lot of things you say. I certainly don't think a dog should just be left alone in a crate for long periods. But you seem fond of pointing out how things are so much better where you are, and how where you are everything is done better than how the Yanks do it.

Sorry to be so blunt about it, but you seem to like to be very "frank" with others, so it's only fair to expect the same in return.
I feel the things im Being "frank" about are very important and i dont think im doing anyone any favours by sugarcoating( ? )
and I have no problem with ppl being "frank" with me.

i do think the laws and recommandations we have here are very good and as a result we dont have the same situation here that you seem to have in the states ( not that things are perfect here )
I also understand that you all ( hopefully ) love your dogs just like i love mine and dont want to hurt them.. when you know better , you do better.. ( that goes for me too.. never said i am perfect )

Old 11-12-2005, 12:04 PM
Big Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocco&quiras mama
I feel the things im Being "frank" about are very important and i dont think im doing anyone any favours by sugarcoating( ? )
and I have no problem with ppl being "frank" with me.

i do think the laws and recommandations we have here are very good and as a result we dont have the same situation here that you seem to have in the states ( not that things are perfect here )
I also understand that you all ( hopefully ) love your dogs just like i love mine and dont want to hurt them.. when you know better , you do better.. ( that goes for me too.. never said i am perfect )
Everyone has their opinions. Hopefully we can discuss without being accusitory and all keep an open mind, rather than lecture.