Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Dog Breeds

Old 12-19-2011, 04:44 PM
Slave to the Aussie

How about a brittany?

(I feel like this is all i say here)
Old 12-19-2011, 08:25 PM
I'm All Ears

Hmmm... I will just say we've had 7 paps and no size related injuries yet despite having a younger kid when we first got them. My dogs' breeder also has two young grandkids that visit a lot and a large german shepherd. She has only had one injury that had nothing to do with the big dog or the kids and could have happened to a much larger dog too. We also all let our dogs jump on and off the furniture as they want (oh the rebels...)

When we approached her wanting our first papillon with a little kid (<10 years) she asked to meet Josie and watch her around the dogs. She taught her how to pick up the dogs without them jumping off her chest (which they try a lot) and thought it would be fine after seeing Jo with the dogs. So far she's been totally right.

I'm NOT saying to go get one if you have little kids. I'm just saying a lot of this depends on the kid in question.
Old 12-20-2011, 02:16 AM
Professional Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahamutt99 View Post
You know you can't get away from APBTs/AmStaffs forever, right Aimee? Sooner or later, you're gonna get the itch. Your sickness may be in remission right now, but you will have a flare-up. *mega evil cackle*

I would love to have another APBT/AmStaf. There is a litter being planned that I'd give a kidney for. But, Iowa is just nasty for BSL. I'm tired of not being able to safely road trip with my dog. I'm feeling more positive that the tide will turn eventually, but I'm not sure that I can do it now. Most of the bigger cities in our area have BSL at this point, and the smaller towns are about 50/50.

Although if the GSD litter that I've got a deposit down on doesn't deliver and those Tacoma pups hit the ground at the right time, it would be hard to say no.
Old 12-31-2011, 04:21 PM
Show Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romy View Post
An AKC staffy bull?
That would be my vote. My Staffy Bulls are by far the most trainable, quickest learners, most eager workers, and most versatile dogs that I have ever had. I love my APBTs too, but SBTs are a much more manageable size. SBTs inherently love children, after all they are the nanny dog. Typical of terriers they have food drive, toy drive, and love to please. They are always up for a challenge and love to be the center of attention.

I have several of my dogs that are co-owned with and used by juniors.
My BC is handled in agility. My AST is handled in conformation and rally. One of my APBT is handled in conformation, rally, obedience, and weight pull. One of my SBT is handled in conformation and lure coursing, and probably obedience, agility, and weight pull in the future.
Old 12-31-2011, 04:32 PM
Glutton for Crazy

Suck it up, stuff Nathan in a duffle and come to Portland with us. Syd can have Backup.
Chili Brigades Brover 5/23/14 -

Arnold CGC TDI FD 6/29/04 - 07/05/13
Backup CGC HIC CD SRD SJ-N RATI 12/29/09 - 07/05/13

You were amazing, we did amazing things.

Harmony Canine, relationship based training.