Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 12-15-2011, 04:55 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

Default xmas/happy holidays/merry christmas rant

Ok this comes up every year....

I do NOT have a problem with people saying happy holidays.

I DO have a problem with people chastising people who say Merry Christmas.

But MOST of all I REALLY dislike it when people complain about those that say happy holidays and in the same sentence say or spell out "it's X mas" Uh ok if you are going to complain about "changing" the holiday... at least say and or spell it out correctly.

if you are upset about it not being merry Christmas... say THAT... don't complain about what people say if you aren't going to say it correctly yourself

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 12-15-2011, 04:58 PM
APBT crazy!

I always say Merry Christmas as my family and I enjoy Christmas.. who cares if people don't like it or not lol.
Old 12-15-2011, 05:07 PM
Resident fainting goat

I always say Happy Holidays, I think it's polite, as I don't know what those people celebrate
either way, I don't think its rude/I don't get mad when people say Merry Christmas to me

It's the thought that counts! Don't get caught up in the wording!! The whole point, regardless of christmas, xmas, holidays, whatever, is that the person is basically saying "I hope you enjoy this season/celebration/whatever"
and thats nice

I also don't think "You'll be in my prayers" is rude. when I was sick, MANY people said it to me and I can't believe people could be offended by something like that
I don't believe in prayer, but the idea that somebody would want me to get better and care enough to pray about it.. is a lovely thought and is very caring and kind!

and if you don't believe in it/don't like it..then who cares?! lol what's the harm?

If as long the person is saying it with the right attitude, as in they are wishing you joy or happiness or peace, I don't care what they say/words they use!

Somebody could walk up to me and say "HAPPY CHITICHITYBANGBANG!! I HOPE YOUR DAY IS AWESOME!"
and I would still be like THANKS! YOU TOO! lol
Old 12-15-2011, 05:09 PM
Resident fainting goat

and it seems the people trying to "save Christmas" by getting all up in arms about it and screaming "PUT THE CHRIST BACK IN CHRISTMAS!" and lighting fire to every "HAPPY HOLIDAYS" sign or getting their panties in a wad over "HAPPY HOLIDAYS"
are truly missing the point over what their holiday is supposed to be celebrating.
Who cares what we call it? Holiday/christmas/xmas etc.. are all about love and family and sharing and friends and giving
and that's what matters.

Call it chitichitibangbang day for all I care lol
Old 12-15-2011, 05:11 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

right I don't care what anyone calls it

but it seems a little hypocritical to complain that people aren't saying Christmas and then be too lazy to spell out the whole name of the thing you are complaining people aren't saying correctly lol

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 12-15-2011, 05:14 PM
Resident fainting goat

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparks19 View Post
right I don't care what anyone calls it

but it seems a little hypocritical to complain that people aren't saying Christmas and then be too lazy to spell out the whole name of the thing you are complaining people aren't saying correctly lol
Oh yea. that's VERY true lol
it's like... if you ARE going to get all up in arms over the whole christmas/holidays thing.. at least say "Merry christmas"

because really, holidays is closer to the word Christmas than x-mas is at the end of the day lol
Old 12-15-2011, 05:16 PM
*Now with Snark*

*shrugs* I just wish everyone Hello. LOL
Old 12-15-2011, 05:39 PM
Top Dog

Happy holidays isn't really said in the UK, probably because a holiday means a trip to us, like what Americans would call a vacation, is a holiday to us. So it is Merry Christmas. I hate people spelling xmas

My Photos
Old 12-15-2011, 05:40 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat09Tails View Post
*shrugs* I just wish everyone Hello. LOL
LOVE THAT.

Well, I write Xmas ALL THE FREAKIN' TIME because it's quicker to write or type. It's short. It still means Christmas. Everyone knows that. So, if you're going to complain about people who complain about saying merry Christmas, happy holidays or those who don't say merry Christmas or happy holidays, then don't complain about those who say or write merry Xmas. It's all so hypocritical because you're suppose to be happy, merry and all that jazz, so complaining is not in line with happy or merry or holidays or Christmas or Xmas. Have a good day! Harumph!
"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." -- Samuel Adams 1776

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."

Thomas Jefferson
Old 12-15-2011, 05:48 PM
Twin 2

I seriously don't get why people find things to have issues with. I just don't get it. Out of everything happening you get up in arms because someone said Merry Christmas and/or Happy Holidays? REALLY? Someone is wishing you happiness and wellness and you can still manage to find something offensive about that?

That being said we have a customer that comes in that is rather vocal about it being CHRISTmas. And by rather vocal I mean buttons, rants and the whole shebang. And I'll be honest, I wish him a Happy Holidays every time because it does make me giggle a little inside. He's lucky I don't wish him a Happy Yuletide.

But that's just my childish sadistic streak showing.