Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 12-15-2011, 12:36 PM
On second thought...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miakoda View Post
Alicia, things aren't so black and white. Personally, I find it shameful to tell someone they need to adopt versus having biological children. And while their are people that would love to adopt (such as myself), the fact that it will cost between $30,000 and $40,000 prohibits soooo many people from being able to do so. I could've had three separate in vitro attempts (9 eggs total) for that amount. So it's fair to say that for many families to have children, biological is the only way they can.
I can understand that, but I can't relate to it, if that makes any sense. I've known since I was 11 that I didn't want bio kids and that I wanted to foster/adopt (and if you go that route, fostering and then adopting the kids if their parents lose custody, it should be cheaper than adopting outright).

I don't know. I have always viewed pregnancy as kind of a gross thing, so that might be why I have such an aversion to having lots of bio kids. Like, you were already pregnant once, twice, three times, and you STILL want to get preggers again? Why?! I don't understand that part, the 5+ part, haha.

Never mind me you pregnant Chazzers,

Signature by aadufield, on Flickr

Proud owner of Cameron, a Chow Chow mix, and Duncan, a http://www.chazhound.com/forums/t141489/.
Old 12-15-2011, 12:43 PM
Resident fainting goat

Do I think it's weird? Yup.
Do I think their lifestyle is weird? Yup.
Do I think their haircuts/clothing are HORRID? Yup.

but the way I see it, those kids are happy & healthy with loving parents.
To say that these kids are abused/exploited it totally an insult to actually abused/exploited children..in all honesty.

They are not mooching off the government and are living their lives/raising their kids the way they see fit
In all the episodes I have watched they are proud of the way THEY LIVE but they are in NO WAY discriminating to the way other people live, and having seen them at a book signing, they seem honestly friendly and open.

and MOST importantly, I will never judge ANYONE by the way they deal with loss of a child/family member. It's such a deeply personal thing.
Old 12-15-2011, 12:45 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran101 View Post
Do I think it's weird? Yup.
Do I think their lifestyle is weird? Yup.

but the way I see it, those kids are happy & healthy with loving parents.
To say that these kids are abused/exploited it totally an insult to actually abused/exploited children..in all honesty.

They are not mooching off the government and are living their lives/raising their kids the way they see fit
In all the episodes I have watched they are proud of the way THEY LIVE but they are in NO WAY discriminating to the way other people live, and having seen them at a book signing, they seem honestly friendly and open.

and MOST importantly, I will never judge ANYONE by the way they deal with loss of a child/family member. It's such a deeply personal thing.
especially to the bolded part

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 12-15-2011, 12:48 PM
Sport Model Pug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran101 View Post
ANY floor length skirts are a sin.

Jinger is the only one that seems to sometimes care about how she looks and styles her hair not bad. I want to see her separate, i so do and i think she's the only one with the balls to do it... I mean they gave her a freakin stripper name!

Izzie the Wonderpug RA AGIS AGJIS MADC AGDC MSDC CGN

The Proudest Pug
Old 12-15-2011, 12:48 PM
Kotah BEAR

Definitely have to agree with Mia, Fran, and Sparks.
Old 12-15-2011, 12:49 PM
Kotah BEAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyPug View Post
Corduroy floor length skirts are a sin.

Jinger is the only one that seems to sometimes care about how she looks and styles her hair not bad. I want to see her separate, i so do and i think she's the only one with the balls to do it... I mean they gave her a freakin stripper name!
Ok part of this made me lol.

I am not a fan of floor length skirts. I actually don't like ANY type of skirts. As much as I fall down, my luck I'd fall and the world and Jesus would see all I have to offer lol
Old 12-15-2011, 01:11 PM
Wild At Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miakoda View Post
Nikki, have you read the book? It's called I Will Carry You by Angie Smith. I can't tell you how many tears I shed while reading it. Even though I never lost a child as they did (I did have a miscarriage....for those that don't know because I kept it private, Cole was a twin....I lost his brother early towards the end of the first trimester), this book was so relevant to many other areas if my life. If you have a nook, I can lend it to you if you're interested.

Alicia, things aren't so black and white. Personally, I find it shameful to tell someone they need to adopt versus having biological children. And while there are people that would love to adopt (such as myself), the fact that it will cost between $30,000 and $40,000 prohibits soooo many people from being able to do so. I could've had three separate in vitro attempts (9 eggs total) for that amount. So it's fair to say that for many families to have children, biological is the only way they can.

I never thought I'd ever defend the Duggars, but I am. I'm not paying for their children. Their children are polite and spend much of their time involved in community service programs. But I think so many people have already said it better than me, so I'll leave it at that.
I haven't read the actual book, but I have read her blog.

I might have to read it though, unfortunately I don't have a Nook For some reason I'm thinking my sister might have the book though, so I'll have to ask her!

Harleigh <3
Old 12-15-2011, 01:28 PM
Top Dog

Just make sure you have 2 new boxes of Kleenex by your side.
Old 12-15-2011, 05:53 PM
Top Dog

I just read in an article that the company that helped set up the photos for the baby Duggar released those photos without Jim Bob's and Michele's consent. Both claimed the photos were for private use only.
Old 12-15-2011, 11:09 PM
Magic, motherf@%$*#!

Okay... Let's rephrase it. I think it is irresponsible to put not only yours, but your children's life on a public platform like this. They aren't old enough to decide if they want to be on TV, they can't think far enough down the road. Type in any of the name of the Duggars kids... It will pop up on the Internet forever and ever. Friends, dates, college applications... There it all is, for the rest of their lives.