Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 12-15-2011, 09:31 AM
Felurian

I'm probably a lot less likely to take the Duggars at face value. I knew families like theirs and the public facade was exactly the same as what the Duggars are presenting to the world . . . and there was a whole lot of "other side" stuff.

Maybe they are the exceptions. Who knows.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
— Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 12-15-2011, 09:33 AM
pointer/labrador/terrier

If it helped them all the power to the photo.

Go Petie Go Go Who Go!

love comes in many directions with mary

Side by side on the sofa sat three annoyed dogs and one smug cat
and then in came a little white kitten,
Old 12-15-2011, 09:37 AM
I'd rather be at Disney

Everyone has an "other side" that doesn't mean they aren't still truly happy. maybe they have arguments, they just dont' advertise those on TV. Theys till have some aspects of life that are private and maybe family disagreements is one of them.

If they are happy and paying their own way... more power to them.

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 12-15-2011, 09:42 AM
Member of WHODAT Nation.

I dont know , Michelle seems to put on . Like really bad fake acting. Maybe it is because i have never ever seen them mad. and you just cant go through life without getting mad at something , if you do then "In my experiance" you are popping nerve pills like candy. Maybe it is just the episode i have seen that are all happy about everything.

I have a large family and there is no way those kids are so happy and good all the time. NO WAY. i know there is heavy editing but come on. Maybe i just have issues.

And nancy , i thought about it and do agree on the pics now , but the first reaction this am was not a good one.

maybe i just need to get off the internet when i am feeling contrary.
Old 12-15-2011, 09:45 AM
Felurian

Quote:
Originally Posted by -bogart- View Post
I dont know , Michelle seems to put on . Like really bad fake acting. Maybe it is because i have never ever seen them mad. and you just cant go through life without getting mad at something , if you do then "In my experiance" you are popping nerve pills like candy. Maybe it is just the episode i have seen that are all happy about everything.

I have a large family and there is no way those kids are so happy and good all the time. NO WAY. i know there is heavy editing but come on. Maybe i just have issues.

And nancy , i thought about it and do agree on the pics now , but the first reaction this am was not a good one.

maybe i just need to get off the internet when i am feeling contrary.
Oh, come on, now. Heavy editing? You know it's a REALITY show!

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

— Rumi

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 12-15-2011, 10:00 AM
Member of WHODAT Nation.

HAHAHAH on the "Reality" part.

I am Lucy and I am a bad reality show junky,
I must have my house wives and know all about Tabitha hair salons , I also need to know how to keep up with the kartarts . I am trying to learn how little people live and what it would be like to have a sister wife. I also am lusting after Top CHefs texas sized steaks.

I kill myself sometimes haha
Old 12-15-2011, 10:04 AM
Felurian

I am really bad for watching What Not to Wear.

Trust me . . . they'd LOVE to get hold of me

— Rumi

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 12-15-2011, 10:07 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee750il View Post
I'm probably a lot less likely to take the Duggars at face value. I knew families like theirs and the public facade was exactly the same as what the Duggars are presenting to the world . . . and there was a whole lot of "other side" stuff.

Maybe they are the exceptions. Who knows.
This...though I will admit, I have never actually watched the show. I feel it is very exploitative of the children.

And yes, I dont think its healthy or fair to have that many children. The children do not get to be children and parented, the get to be almost parts of mini corporations. I guess maybe I just know too many children from big families how have major issues with it. Is there a "right" number, of course not...but I will say, my opinion is they have too many.
Old 12-15-2011, 10:07 AM
Member of WHODAT Nation.

ME TO!!!!! I just hate the thought of shopping
Old 12-15-2011, 10:11 AM
I'd rather be at Disney

I know lots of only children who have issues with being an only child and I know people with one sibling to has issues with that. EVERYONE has issues with something in life.

The children seem to be growing up to be functional adult members of society so ... could be worse. if they were strung out welfare junkies abusing their kids I would agree

as for exploiting their kids... that could be said about any child on TV or in photographs etc etc.

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney