Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 12-14-2011, 10:52 PM
Top Dog

Default Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close

I can't wait for this movie! I've probably mentioned it 928223 times before in different movie threads but Tom Hanks is my favorite actor ever and I was so excited to see he was doing this movie. I read the book a few months ago, and it was a bit odd and different, but kept my attention. But the movie actually looks better.

I don't normally like when people try to do 9/11 movies but the book anyways was only very loosely based on 9/11. The only thing it had to do with it was the father dies on 9/11.

But this looks soooo good.

Trailer:
http://www.imdb.com/video/imdb/vi2238291481/

Brit & Jackson

Old 12-14-2011, 11:21 PM
Just try me..

LOL

Ok I think you are officially weird.

I can't stand Mr Hanks. (you should see the looks I get if you mention that to film people.. seems he is universally liked.. but not by me) I maintain that I am not weird.. just that everyone else is. No matter how much the movie seems interesting, with the exception of Forrest Gump, he is like acting nails on a chalkboard to me.

LOL that said I hope the movie is everything you hope it is.. and that you enjoy Mr Hank's performance
Old 12-15-2011, 12:11 AM
Top Dog

LOL, whaaattt? No, I understand, though. There's been certain actors/movies who it always seems everyone loves and then I'll watch and just not get it. Bridesmaids and The Hangover being good examples. I am pretty sure every one loved those movies that I know - I just did not think they were that great at all and wouldn't care to ever watch them again.

Some of my, okay, most of my favorite movies are Hanks movies - Road to Perdition, The Green Mile, Forrest Gump, Philadelphia, Cast Away, Saving Private Ryan, Big, all make my list of favorites that I can watch again and again, lol. I just always find him so natural and brilliant in his roles. I never feel like I am watching Tom Hanks and get involved with the character he is playing.

Of course some of his older movies, maybe not such brilliant acting, but still enjoyable films to me. I LOVE Turner & Hooch but maybe I'm a bit biased because it's a dog flick, LOL. Even Splash, The Money Pit, and epics like Bachelor Party

Brit & Jackson

Old 12-15-2011, 05:09 AM
Just try me..

You know I might be ok with Splash...

All I see is Tom Hanks.. in every movie. Never the character. Which can be fine if I love the actor.
Old 12-15-2011, 07:41 PM
Top Dog

Well, poo on you and your Hanks hatred

Brit & Jackson

Old 12-15-2011, 07:53 PM
Top Dog

That does look quite an interesting film actually

My Photos