Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 12-14-2011, 07:57 PM
Kotah BEAR

Default My mom... (short rant)

Oh yes its one of THOSE threads.

I can't type out our whole convo earlier cause it'd take me 10 years but here is the quick version.

Told her about me moving to Florida, she tried to guilt trip me cause of Hunter and Elizabeth, even though I don't see them anyways and mom only lives 2 minutes from me. Needless to say, she is PISSED I am moving, but only cause she won't have control.

Her and my nana got into a huge argument and mom told my nana that I am not her problem anymore and that I don't need her and that I have my sorry piece of sh!t boyfriend to take care of me (mind you, my boyfriend is a goody goody boy, my sister's bf does drugs and drinks a LOT, but my mom loves her bf, of course) and that I never loved her (very over dramatic. I would love a relationship with my mom, but that hasn't happened yet and probably never will).

She cussed me out cause I am getting a car.

And my sister cussed me out for telling her happy birthday today. Yea true story. My mind was blown.

End of rant. Grr.

ETA: I am beyond ready to move to Florida, especially after that. She doesn't care how much she hurt me saying that stuff. She literally laughed at me when I told her that what she said upset me.
Anyone in Florida want 2 extra people living with them? We can pay for our share of things
Old 12-14-2011, 08:08 PM
Top Dog

Oh wow! Your Mom and sister sound dysfunctional and irrational toward you. I think this move sounds like a VERY healthy thing for you, as long as you have it all worked out where you're staying, jobs and everything. More power to you to get on with your own life in YOUR own way without all this negativity. You go girl!!!
"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." -- Samuel Adams 1776

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."

Thomas Jefferson
Old 12-14-2011, 08:10 PM
Kotah BEAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doberluv View Post
Oh wow! Your Mom and sister sound dysfunctional and irrational toward you. I think this move sounds like a VERY healthy thing for you, as long as you have it all worked out where you're staying, jobs and everything. More power to you to get on with your own life in YOUR own way without all this negativity. You go girl!!!
Thank you.
*internet high five*

I wish I could talk TJ into moving before April, the main reason he wants to stay is get our deposit back but I am to the point its not worth it. He can make that 400 dollars back in no time when he gets a job down there.
But I guess the *logical* thing is to wait until April when our lease is up here.
Old 12-14-2011, 08:17 PM
Top Dog

Wow! If I didn't know any better, I'd think we were sisters. All I can say is don't let your mother make you feel guilty for anything. Not an easy task, I know, but it will get easier the more you do it. Good luck with the move!
Old 12-14-2011, 08:29 PM
Kotah BEAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by MicksMom View Post
Wow! If I didn't know any better, I'd think we were sisters. All I can say is don't let your mother make you feel guilty for anything. Not an easy task, I know, but it will get easier the more you do it. Good luck with the move!
She has guilt tripped me sooo many times in my life, I don't even let it bother me. But she brought kids into it, and it made me feel bad but I didn't let her know it and I won't let it affect me.
And thank you!
Old 12-15-2011, 09:08 AM
Top Dog

April will come before you know it. Just keep super busy, getting ready...packing, cleaning, laying your plans etc...to the point where you don't have any time or brain space available for b.s. from them. Be your own, sweet self if you do have to interact at all. Just don't let them get you caught up in their "web" of destructiveness. I think the $400.00 will come in handy and you'll be glad you have it. Best of luck!
"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." -- Samuel Adams 1776

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."

Thomas Jefferson
Old 12-15-2011, 10:05 AM
Love my pets

I'd take you, but we're in TN. Go to Florida and live your life to the fullest!
Old 12-15-2011, 10:31 AM
Kotah BEAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doberluv View Post
April will come before you know it. Just keep super busy, getting ready...packing, cleaning, laying your plans etc...to the point where you don't have any time or brain space available for b.s. from them. Be your own, sweet self if you do have to interact at all. Just don't let them get you caught up in their "web" of destructiveness. I think the $400.00 will come in handy and you'll be glad you have it. Best of luck!
Thank you very much. We probably will stay until April

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barb04 View Post
I'd take you, but we're in TN. Go to Florida and live your life to the fullest!
Aw thank you for the offer! How sweet of you
And I definitely will!
Old 12-15-2011, 10:33 AM
Felurian

Sometimes all you can do with people is walk away.

(((((((HUGS)))))))

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 12-15-2011, 10:38 AM
Kotah BEAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee750il View Post
Sometimes all you can do with people is walk away.

(((((((HUGS)))))))
If I didn't live 2 mins from her, I would of done walked away.
TJ and I talked about it more last night and he supports me in whatever I want to do with the situation with my mom. I am really thinking about disconnecting from her when we move to Florida (that way she can't find me or follow me).
My best friend actually suggested that before I move, take her and whoever she talks to, off of my facebook and just leave her in the dark about when I move and where I am moving to.
Mom doesn't know anything yet except that I am moving, and to me, that is all she needs to know, probably MORE than she needs to know.

If anyone knows all the BS I've been through, its you Renee, and you are one awesome lady

***HUGS***