Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog and Pet Fun > Cat and Pet Forum

Old 12-11-2011, 12:58 PM
PSD Partner

Default Zen Is Missing

Please keep him and us in your thoughts. Sometime in the past 12 hours Zen has snuck outside. He is not an outdoor cat, though he is microchipped and does have all his shots. He has snuck out a few times in the past but has always shown up when breakfast is served. I have been out mulitple times calling him and shaking his food. Nothing. Sheena has even done a search for him and nothing. She is trained to find him when he is hiding around the house in his various spots. If he is not back by morning we will be calling the shelters, and posting ads up. This is not like him at all. And with the cold weather I am very worried about warm car engines and antifreeze.
Old 12-11-2011, 01:18 PM
and Spy.

Poor Zen, sending 'come home' vibes your way

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryMan View Post
I think u need some angry school.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee750il View Post
That's what we do here. We're emotionally invested in each other and each other's dogs, the joys and the sorrows.
Old 12-11-2011, 01:21 PM
PSD Partner

THanks. Doug walked the alley when he got home for lunch. Talked to a few neighbours too and they are going to be on the look out as well. He is such a friendly cat that someone could easily just take him home and keep him. I am worried sick. This waiting sucks. The hardest part is we don't know when he snuck out. Whether he snuck out when the dogs were taken for their last potty at midnight last night, or when Doug took them out first thing this morning or when he left for work. With him being blind in one eye he doesn't always see when Zen is planning to sneak out and he feels awful about it. I have told him it is not his fault but he still feels bad.
Old 12-11-2011, 01:28 PM
Top Dog

Sending good vibe that he's home safe & sound soon!
Old 12-11-2011, 01:31 PM
Top Dog

I'm so sorry. That is so worrying. My neighbor's young cat disappeared a few weeks ago. I heard coyotes yipping in the field behind my house and feared the worst. Then last night, she said that the cat came back...was hanging out at someone else's house. He came home and they let him out to pee and he's again disappeared. Hopefully, your guy will show up again too. They often do, even after quite a while. Vibes being sent.
"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." -- Samuel Adams 1776

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."

Thomas Jefferson
Old 12-11-2011, 01:39 PM
Obey the Toad.

"Go home kitty!" vibes sent! I bet he will turn up soon, hungry and ready to be home!

~Christina--Mom to:
Sally--8 yr old pit bull mix
Jack--6 yr old Labrador
Sadie & Runt--12 yr old calico DSHs
Pickles & Kiwi--3 yr old white winged parakeets
Yoda--1 yr old Quaker parrot
Solo--12 yr old Senegal parrot
Sheena--Quarter Horse--3/24/86-6/23/11--Rest Easy Sweet Girl~

Labs do it in the lake.

Old 12-11-2011, 01:40 PM
PSD Partner

Thanks you guys. I cried when Doug came home. Many years ago(about 15yrs ago) one of my cats got poisoned. He died under someones porch. At that time I was ok with letting a cat out during the day thinking that was "normal" and safe. Ever since that day I stopped allowing my cats outside without a leash.

For those who don't know here is what Zen looks like:

This was taken for our Holiday Cards

Zen is about a year and a half now. He and Luna are the best of playmates. Luna has been looking all over the house for him because they always have an hour of morning "catch me if you can" and then wrestle play session.
Old 12-11-2011, 01:42 PM
Ruddy Buttinski

Also sending vibes that he comes back! This site might have some tips for you, as well:

http://www.missingpetpartnership.org/recoverytips.php

They have a section on lost cat behavior that's very good.

Good luck, hope he comes home soon!

My current project, becoming a nonprofit: Lost Pets of Southern California
Sienna's new blog: Reasons My Dog is Sulking
Old 12-11-2011, 01:45 PM
PSD Partner

Thanks. Checking the link now. He is microchipped(so glad we did that, Doug didn't see the reason too since he was an indoor cat and this is exactly why I told him we had too. Just in case). So if anyone takes him to a vet, takes him to a shelter or rescue and he is scanned our info is there. He is also neutered too. Sorry for rambling. I am just so stressed right now.
Old 12-11-2011, 04:04 PM
Pyr Pressure

Hope Zen finds his way home (and soon)!!!