Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 12-13-2011, 03:45 PM
Slave to the Aussie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHotDobe View Post
Not sure which HTC phone you have, but for awhile the Thunderbolt sucked. It would restart whenever it pleased, and eat away 10+% of the battery in the process. It works (almost) perfectly now, but it took quite a few updates to get to that point. We've had the opposite experience with Samsung and Motorola Android phones. Adam had the Atrix and the Charge, and ended up hating both. The Charge (Samsung) ended up crashing all. the. time. And it had a minuscule amount of RAM. And he had to buy a second battery to keep with him because the battery life sucked.
Yep i now have the thunderbolt and have had pretty much the same experience as you.
Old 12-13-2011, 04:10 PM
Top Dog

I have a Samsung Replenish and I LOVE it. But not sure if it's available from Verizon. Mine's done through Kroger, but it's technically Sprint.
Old 12-13-2011, 05:30 PM
Pyr Pressure

I have the original Droid and have been waiting for the Galaxy Nexus.

If I absolutely positively had to get a phone today - I would get the Droid Razr - that being said, the Galaxy Nexus are already in stock at Best Buy and Verizon retailers, they just are not allowed to sell them. They should be released for sale any day now (speculated day currently is 12/15).

There's a couple of theories on why it's not available everything from an app called My Wallet that Verizon does not wish to have to Verizon trying to sell more Droid devices before releasing Galaxy Nexus with Ice Cream Sandwich on it.
Old 12-13-2011, 06:59 PM
Top Dog

I have the Incredible. My sister and I got our phones late January of this year. With ours, the battery life is awful. My sister keeps a phone charger in her car because she can't make an hour call on her phone without it sucking the battery dry.

My husband has the original Droid that he got a year and a half ago and it's still going strong. The battery is so much better than our and he drops it fairly regularly and it has held up great.

Peco,
Male Lacy Game Dog
June 2003 - Feb. 2012

Hudson,
Male black & white English Shepherd
August 27th 2012

Blog - http://thedogreviews.blogspot.com/
Old 12-14-2011, 09:37 PM
Top Dog

I have an HTC...and HTC HD2...overall I love it besides it being Windows 7 so I don't get all of the Android app options. I would suggest getting a newer Android because their app selection is AWESOME. But mine does have all of the Windows programs and they work perfectly I can open documents right on my phone and do homework on it. The battery life lasts all day I just charge it at night. Mine has a Task Manager like a computer does and if I click on a program it stays running on my phone. I just have to go into the Task Manager and touch End Task and that saves my battery life A LOT. And I use the internet and music and text all day. I just have to remember to go in and close anything in the Task Manager that I am not using. Don't get one of the older versions because they are still a little glitchy. Mine is one of the older versions it's a little glitchy but not too bad...just freaks out every once and a while and I have to take the battery out but then it's all good. I drop it on the floor all the time and it's fine but it has a case on it. No screen cover or protector and it has never got damaged or scratched. iPhones are awesome and I wish I had one but I just bought this one a few months ago so I'll stick with it for a while. Ever since having this phone I don't think I could EVER go back to a 'normal' cell phone My sister has the inspire and I'd trade her any day. I just think I'd perfer the Android options over Windows 7
Old 12-14-2011, 11:33 PM
Top Dog

I have never owned a quality Samsung. They're the worst brand on the market IMO.
Old 12-15-2011, 03:59 PM
Top Dog

I had a HTC Aria and loooooved it. It was a solid, dependable little phone. I honestly wanted to cry the day I upgraded. Now I have a Samsung Galaxy S2 and even though I haven't had any problems with it yet, I'm not that impressed by the structural integrity of the phone itself. It's been dropped a couple times and has held together but I prefer metal phones as opposed to the plastic casing of the Galaxy.

Taboo, Zuma, Mighty Mouse, Zinga, Edgar, Zip Tie