Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 12-12-2011, 12:11 PM
Twin 2

Default Cell Phone Recommendations-Verizon

Okie-Dokie! I finally managed to kill my old cell phone completely. How it lasted this long I'll never know, it was such a zombie phone. For Christmas though I'll be getting a new phone from my parents but I can't figure out what I want.

I have Verizon and I would like a smart phone. I will not get an Iphone because Apple themselves make me want to stab myself in the eye no matter how much I love their products.

I was looking at the not yet released Google Nexus and I really kinda like it. http://www.google.com/nexus/

But I pretty much just want your suggestions. What phone do you have? Do you like it? Would you recommend it?

I am also drawn to the droids but there seems to be so many of them I don't quite know where to begin.
Old 12-12-2011, 12:23 PM
Top Dog

My boyfriend,cousin,cousins husband, and brother all have this phone

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/s...edPhoneId=5634

Its great for walking the dogs,feeding horses,boating etc because it lives though anything. still does everything the other phones do and the screen is huge. internet is fast on it and they all love it. The bf goes through phones like mad and hes had this one a while. he even pressure washed it and dropped it in the creek

I just got an iphone though Love it for internet browsing but for other stuff not sure yet.

If I have any beliefs about immortality, it is that certain
dogs I have known will go to heaven, and very, very few
persons -James Thurber
Old 12-12-2011, 12:46 PM
Glutton for Crazy

If I didn't have an iPhone I'd look seriously at the HTCs, they're getting great reviews from my friends.
Chili Brigades Brover 5/23/14 -

Arnold CGC TDI FD 6/29/04 - 07/05/13
Backup CGC HIC CD SRD SJ-N RATI 12/29/09 - 07/05/13

You were amazing, we did amazing things.

Harmony Canine, relationship based training.
Old 12-12-2011, 01:06 PM
aka RedHotBabe

The Galaxy Nexus is an Android phone. I had the Nexus One prior to my current phone, and I loved it. I currently have an HTC Thunderbolt. I got it when it first came out and it was buggy and extremely annoying, but with several updates it seems to work flawlessly now. The one thing I don't like is Sense. It's annoying and I don't find it at all intuitive. Ever since I downloaded Gingerbread, my battery life has been amazing. I can easily go two days without charging it. Adam had the Samsung Charge, and he hated it. The battery life was terrible and it crashed. A lot.
Old 12-12-2011, 01:11 PM
Rude and Not Ginger

I've also got the Thunderbolt. I feel very meh about it right now. I do love the screen quite a lot, but I think I want a Motorola Droid 3 when I can upgrade. Or whichever version is out then.
Old 12-12-2011, 07:19 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianneIsabel View Post
If I didn't have an iPhone I'd look seriously at the HTCs, they're getting great reviews from my friends.
Both my sister and I hate out HTCs and definitely regret getting them instead of a Motorola. Horrible battery life, the tactile feedback is iffy and randomly stops working, and one of the recent system updates caused a data leak and I had to do a hard factory reset on my phone. Next time I'm getting a Samsung or Motorola.

Peco,
Male Lacy Game Dog
June 2003 - Feb. 2012

Hudson,
Male black & white English Shepherd
August 27th 2012

Blog - http://thedogreviews.blogspot.com/
Old 12-12-2011, 07:30 PM
& the Muttly Crew

Well...my Palm Pixi just survived 15 minutes in a dog water bowl. But it's still a crappy phone. Also, I think the company is out of business now? It's become that piece of crappy technology that technically works but is very "meh", but which just Will. Not. Die.

ARCHX U-CD Kim MX MXJ NF CL3-SF RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Golden Ditzhund, b. ~Mar'07
MACH ARCHX U-CD Webster MXB MJB RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Flying Houdini, b. ~Jun'07
Mira CD JH MX MXB MXJ MJB CGC WCX -- Princess Cheeseface, b. Jul'09
Lodin -- Crazy Monkeybean, b. Dec'13
Old 12-13-2011, 06:56 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostAndConfused View Post
Both my sister and I hate out HTCs and definitely regret getting them instead of a Motorola. Horrible battery life, the tactile feedback is iffy and randomly stops working, and one of the recent system updates caused a data leak and I had to do a hard factory reset on my phone. Next time I'm getting a Samsung or Motorola.
Somebody I work with just had a similar issue with the updates for her HTC.

Can't help much with recommendations- hubby has an Envy (3, I think), and loves it, but to save money he'll be replacing it soon with something that doesn't require a data package. I've got the orginal Cosmos (and love it)- no data package required there, either.
Old 12-13-2011, 07:11 AM
Top Dog

I have the HTC Evo (but I'm with Sprint so I dunno if it'd be available for you). I adore it and even though I dropped it on the tile floor and spiderwebbed the front of it, it still works great. My mom has the HTC Thunderbolt and she seems to like it but I'm not sure she actually uses it for anything other than making calls. Lol.

I have a blog!! TeamShortLegs - Last updated 10/13/2013
Old 12-13-2011, 02:36 PM
aka RedHotBabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostAndConfused View Post
Not sure which HTC phone you have, but for awhile the Thunderbolt sucked. It would restart whenever it pleased, and eat away 10+% of the battery in the process. It works (almost) perfectly now, but it took quite a few updates to get to that point. We've had the opposite experience with Samsung and Motorola Android phones. Adam had the Atrix and the Charge, and ended up hating both. The Charge (Samsung) ended up crashing all. the. time. And it had a minuscule amount of RAM. And he had to buy a second battery to keep with him because the battery life sucked.