Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog and Pet Fun > Cat and Pet Forum

Old 11-07-2005, 06:54 PM
yuckaduck

Default The Many Uses of a dog crate

Here is Funny Bunny enjoying a hop around where the dogs cannot get him.

Old 11-08-2005, 12:55 AM
Quigleyfied

oh yuck, he is so darling. i used to have a lop-eared rabbit just like him (same color, pattern etc.), his name was rudy.
- Product Research

I've been frosted!
Old 11-08-2005, 06:20 AM
yuckaduck

He use to get to hop all around loose but once the dogs came into the house that is just not a good idea anymore. They all try to get at him if he is loose. So I can put him in the 48 inch crate, he cannot get out and they cannot get in. He hops around and loves it. It is so funny when the dogs start circling the crate because he just hops around as close to them as he can. He will stop and stand up and look at them and everything, almost like he is laughing at them.
Old 11-08-2005, 06:53 AM
Sit! Good dog.

We used to have a collie who would happily try and herd our rabbit if she was out! If the bunny was in the pen in the back garden, Penny (our dog) would spend all day just circling the pen, watching and waiting for her to get out!
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They do not know jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing wasn't boring, it was peace."

Bodhi is the opposite of ignorance, the insight into reality which destroys mental afflictions and brings peace.

Owned by Bodhi Booglaoo and Fredington Holbein

Old 11-08-2005, 09:30 AM
Love my pets

Cute pic. My one cat loves to go inside the crate to sleep.
Old 11-08-2005, 01:36 PM
Top Dog

Okay, I am going to sound crazy here, but thought you rabbit experts may be able to answer this. I had a young rabbit once (a male) and had to give him up because he was trying to attack/thump me when I would put my hand in his cage. It was strange. Are male rabbits territorial? How do you teach a rabbit not to do this??
Old 11-08-2005, 02:43 PM
yuckaduck

Quote:
Originally Posted by showpug
Okay, I am going to sound crazy here, but thought you rabbit experts may be able to answer this. I had a young rabbit once (a male) and had to give him up because he was trying to attack/thump me when I would put my hand in his cage. It was strange. Are male rabbits territorial? How do you teach a rabbit not to do this??

I have had many many rabbits, all males but one and they never ever did that. Funny Bunny is a male and he is very nervous about being carried, but he does not thump or attack me. Now Ruby she was another thing altogether. SHe use to grunt and charge anyone who came in the door; she was litter trained and we had no dogs at the time so she was always loose in the front hall. It was like our first line of defence for anyone who came in the place. I hope someone can help you, but none of mine do or did that.
Old 11-08-2005, 03:04 PM
Rusty but Trusty

he might have been territorial with his cage. My male bunny when I was little was territoral with his stuffed bunny rabbit. I don't know I'm not the bunny expert but that could be it.

Old 11-08-2005, 04:13 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliefurry
he might have been territorial with his cage. My male bunny when I was little was territoral with his stuffed bunny rabbit. I don't know I'm not the bunny expert but that could be it.
LOL! He was defiantly territorial with his cage, to say the least! I also had rabbits when I was a child and they never acted like this one did, he was scary. I would go to put my hand in to feed him and he would lock in on it and then charge me and try to thump my hand. Rabbits are so complex if you think about it. I wish they weren't so darn adorable!
Old 11-08-2005, 05:17 PM
Walks into Mordor

My bunny Killer could be like that. She usually loved attention, but if she wasn't in the mood, she'd certainly let you know about it! Killer was litter box trained, and we let her have the run of the house (no dogs yet). She knew that I was "her" human, and she was very territorial of my room. If a stranger entered my room, she would attack the feet of that person. Very useful, and rather funny.

LoL, nothing like watching your annoying little cousin being chased out of the room by a 1 lb Netherland dwarf bunny...