Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog News and Articles

Old 12-13-2004, 05:46 PM
Puppy Dog

i saw it and it dosen't really make a lot of sence to me. girl takes guys jeans. dog chases girl to retrive owners jeans. girl returns to house and guy is puuting on jeans? huh? why? why did she want to where his jeans? i don't see the dog chasing her as a problem. it wasn't scary or anthing. pull the screen time the dog got is nill compared the the screen time of the jeans. oh, well. it just a commercial, who watches commercials anyway.
Old 12-15-2004, 09:36 PM
Active Pup

sofa king, to answer your question, i think they had guy and girl wear jeans because they are trying to advertise a new line of unisex jeans, one jean fits all.
Old 12-15-2004, 09:44 PM
GSP/Lab Mix!

Just sae the cmmercial again and it really dont look like a pittie exept in the face. Def. a mix.
Old 12-15-2004, 09:48 PM
Felurian

Most BSL includes anything that remotely resembles a Pittie or AmStaff, whether pure bred or mixed.

Most of us don't take the commercial the wrong way, but to the people who are hysterically paranoid about "that type" of dog, it just exemplifies everything they want to acuse Pit-type dogs of being.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 12-15-2004, 11:00 PM
GSP/Lab Mix!

Yeah. That is true.
Old 02-07-2005, 03:35 PM
no touchy

At first I was upset by it, but it didn't look much like a Pit to me. I also saw it as the dog behaving well--bringing the jeans back to his owner, lol.
What are these tears upon your face?
Soon you will see, all of your fears will pass away.
And you'll be here, in my arms.
Just sleeping.
Old 02-07-2005, 03:59 PM
Playful Husky Pup

I've seen it alot. And i felt bad and angry because it was hard to tell the dogs breed and at first glance it looked like a Pit. Most people don't give it a second look and just go Pitbull but if you wait until the end of the commercial you see that the dog up close doesent really a have a bulldog like face for a lab cross and is a bit bigger then a average pit. But people don't tend to check that out and just go on saying Pitbull. It made me very very angry.

Pets name: Chaos

Pets name: Blue Moon

Pets name: Cajun

Pets name: Smoothie
Old 02-07-2005, 11:33 PM
Puppy Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitbulliest
hmm...see I was reading this post in another forum and the people actually thought it made the dog look pretty good. The woman was stealing this guys' jeans and the dog brought them back to the guy and then sat on the couch like an innocent little bystander. So at the beginning of the commercial people are led on to think OH MAN this dog is gonna kill the girl, and then at the end he's like the good guy doing the good deed. The girl comes into the house and he just looks at her like nothing's wrong.. *shrugs*

I dunno. I don't know what to think of this commercial.
I have to say I agree with that. It plays on the public perception at first, but at the end you are left with the impression of a well-trained and loyal dog who wouldn't hurt the girl, and was only retrieving the jeans.

There is another commercial with the same actors - the guy puts on the coveted jeans and walks out, and the girl starts throwing things out the window down to the sidewalk, and the guy finds it funny.
Old 02-24-2005, 07:53 PM
mostly ignored...

Yeah, I personally thought the commercial was halarious. I thought the dog was adorable and that the ending was great. I think it could have been a chiuauha (sp?) and it would have been even better but then a little dog like that probably couldn't have carried the jeans. That was one well trained dog. Wish I could teach mine to do that with the remote in my house
Old 02-24-2005, 08:44 PM
Island dweller

I'm undecided as well. Too me the dog looked friendly and well trained. I wouldn't be afraid of him. I probably wouldn't even give him my jeans. LOL But I can see how the stereotype is perpetuated by the commercial and how people who are afraid of pits would see it. Hmmm. Oh well I always like to complain.