New Levis Commercial

Have you guys seen the new Levis commercial? You know, the one where the Pit-type dog is chasing the young woman down the street, over a car, up a tree, then attacks her and pulls her jeans off and takes them back to the guy? The one that egregiously endorses the stereotype of the Big Bad Attacking Pit Dog? The one that's completely and utterly irresponsible and panders to the mentalities that either create aggressive dogs or create breed specific legislation?

Can you tell I'm a little PO'd by the whole thing?

Anyway, here are some contact addresses and names for the Levi Strauss Co. at their headquarters in San Francisco:

Levi Strauss & Co.
1155 Battery Street
San Francisco, CA 94111
U.S.A.

President and Chief Executive Officer
Phil Marineau

Senior Vice President and General Counsel
Albert F. Moreno

Fax: (415) 501-7112

(800) USA-LEVI

Submit a Story:
http://www.levistrauss.com/about/offices.htm

I really like their little marketing gimmick where they want you to submit a story about your favorite Levis. If they start having to sift through piles of complaints about the add it will start to become a real chore.

I also like the idea of clogging up their 800 number (and running up their phone bill) with complaints about the advertisement.

So, let's get after them - just like the dog in their irresponsible ad!

Crosspost as you please!

tl_ashmore

Spoiled Rotten Dog
Yeah, I thought that commercial was a pretty stupid idea. You would think that with all the bad publicity that pits are getting, they wouldn't have done that.

agilitydobemom

agilitydobemom
This commercial is another example of people not thinking and using the bad name of any type of "guard" dog to their advantage you will bet that I will use all of the above mentioned to conatact them several times!!!

candy722

i saw the ad and it didn't really relate to the jeans. And i totally agree that the levi ad makes dog look bad.

pitbulliest

hmm...see I was reading this post in another forum and the people actually thought it made the dog look pretty good. The woman was stealing this guys' jeans and the dog brought them back to the guy and then sat on the couch like an innocent little bystander. So at the beginning of the commercial people are led on to think OH MAN this dog is gonna kill the girl, and then at the end he's like the good guy doing the good deed. The girl comes into the house and he just looks at her like nothing's wrong.. *shrugs*

I dunno. I don't know what to think of this commercial.

RD

Are you dead yet?
I'm with Pitbulliest.. I didn't even recognize the dog as a pitbull (looked lab-ish mix to me.) and it was supposedly doing a "good" thing by bringing the jeans back... I guess it's all in how you interpret it.

Brattina88

I JUST saw the comercail for the first time, and I'm undecided.
I would've been really mad, but at the end when the girl comes in and the dogs laying on the couch and they're all like :rolleyes:
Oh well. Who pays any attention to comercails anyway

candy722

Yea not a good advertisiment for Levi but it was very eye catching. Maybe that is why they did it. Isn't of people changing channels during commercial they don't want people to do that by having this type of commecial.

i saw it and it dosen't really make a lot of sence to me. girl takes guys jeans. dog chases girl to retrive owners jeans. girl returns to house and guy is puuting on jeans? huh? why? why did she want to where his jeans? i don't see the dog chasing her as a problem. it wasn't scary or anthing. pull the screen time the dog got is nill compared the the screen time of the jeans. oh, well. it just a commercial, who watches commercials anyway.

sofa king, to answer your question, i think they had guy and girl wear jeans because they are trying to advertise a new line of unisex jeans, one jean fits all.

Most BSL includes anything that remotely resembles a Pittie or AmStaff, whether pure bred or mixed.

Most of us don't take the commercial the wrong way, but to the people who are hysterically paranoid about "that type" of dog, it just exemplifies everything they want to acuse Pit-type dogs of being.

At first I was upset by it, but it didn't look much like a Pit to me. I also saw it as the dog behaving well--bringing the jeans back to his owner, lol.

Love4Pits

Playful Husky Pup
I've seen it alot. And i felt bad and angry because it was hard to tell the dogs breed and at first glance it looked like a Pit. Most people don't give it a second look and just go Pitbull but if you wait until the end of the commercial you see that the dog up close doesent really a have a bulldog like face for a lab cross and is a bit bigger then a average pit. But people don't tend to check that out and just go on saying Pitbull. It made me very very angry.

snookums

pitbulliest said:
hmm...see I was reading this post in another forum and the people actually thought it made the dog look pretty good. The woman was stealing this guys' jeans and the dog brought them back to the guy and then sat on the couch like an innocent little bystander. So at the beginning of the commercial people are led on to think OH MAN this dog is gonna kill the girl, and then at the end he's like the good guy doing the good deed. The girl comes into the house and he just looks at her like nothing's wrong.. *shrugs*

I dunno. I don't know what to think of this commercial.
I have to say I agree with that. It plays on the public perception at first, but at the end you are left with the impression of a well-trained and loyal dog who wouldn't hurt the girl, and was only retrieving the jeans.

There is another commercial with the same actors - the guy puts on the coveted jeans and walks out, and the girl starts throwing things out the window down to the sidewalk, and the guy finds it funny.

Sunnypup

mostly ignored...
Yeah, I personally thought the commercial was halarious. I thought the dog was adorable and that the ending was great. I think it could have been a chiuauha (sp?) and it would have been even better but then a little dog like that probably couldn't have carried the jeans. That was one well trained dog. Wish I could teach mine to do that with the remote in my house :cool:

Saje

Island dweller
I'm undecided as well. Too me the dog looked friendly and well trained. I wouldn't be afraid of him. I probably wouldn't even give him my jeans. LOL But I can see how the stereotype is perpetuated by the commercial and how people who are afraid of pits would see it. Hmmm. Oh well I always like to complain. :D

Members online

No members online now.