Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Pictures and Pet Photos

Old 12-02-2011, 09:46 AM
Top Dog

Default One Year Ago Today...

So, there I was surfing 1800saveapet.com at 2 am. There may or may not have been some mojitos involved. Ok, yeah, there really, really, were. Then I saw it. The cutest puppy in the entire world. Never mind that it looked a little bit like an overripe banana. His name was Jonathan. Yes, Jonathan.

So, naturally, I fired off an email to a shelter 5 hours away, based on one picture of a dog I could already tell was a little...crazy. I mean, look at those eyes! But I thought I deserved a christmas present from myself, and Grandma had sent an extra $75 with the chrismas check, the exact adoption fee. Fate, right?

Sure enough, he was still there. They were thrilled at the thought of getting him adopted, and sent an updated pic.

Not quite as cute, huh? They also failed to mention that this was the first time he had ever worn a leash or left his pen in six months. Oops.

But I soldiered on, and went to pick up my treasure. He couldn't make eye contact, didn't know how to walk on a leash, and had to be carried everywhere for two weeks. Also, he still wasn't very cute. Bad, dull coat, no energy, looked chubby even though he wasnt. Of course, when you eat beneful, what do you expect?

Fast forward one year, in which there was a lot of trauma, quite a bit of crying (both him and me), and the unfortunate discovery that Daddy was not the aussie I was told he probalby was, but a coyote.

This is Gambit today.

See, guys, he does exist!

Booty Dancing In Heaven 10/13/03-9/15/12
As much as I try to be one of those easygoing 'spread your wings and fly' types, I just can't stop trying to burst people into flames with my mind.
Old 12-02-2011, 09:52 AM
Felurian

He DOES exist! He's not just a figment of your imagination

And he's a handsome divvil, too. A lot of intelligence in those eyes.

But the first pic is just a teeny blue box for me.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 12-02-2011, 09:53 AM
Top Dog

YAY Gambit pics!! His markings are really beautiful. Happy gotcha day Gambit!

I have a blog!! TeamShortLegs - Last updated 10/13/2013
Old 12-02-2011, 10:05 AM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Oh, YAY!!! He looks happy in several of those photos too, LOL!
Happy gotcha day Gambit!!

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 12-02-2011, 10:10 AM
♥Chloe & Violet♥

Happy Gotcha Day, Gambit!!! I love your dog. Seriously. He's the cutest thing ever! I loooove the updated pic the shelter sent you. His eyes are so sweet. He's really lucky to have found you, he looks so happy and healthy now!

Chloe - 8 y/o Dachshund/Chihuahua | Violet - 2 y/o Siberian Husky
Rest in peace - Holly (Siberian Husky)|Misty (Siberian Husky)|Princess (Silky Terrier)
Forever in my heart - Dixie (Yorkshire Terrier)|Lucy (Silky Terrier/Yorkie Mix)
Old 12-02-2011, 10:13 AM
Top Dog

His coloring is so cool! I love the transformation you've helped him achieve.

Happy Gotcha Day, Gambit
Old 12-02-2011, 10:24 AM
Bite Club

I looove him. Such a handsome boy and you can definitely see his personality and intelligence in his eyes. It's been quite a year for both of you - happy gotcha day!!

~Aura & Riley~
Old 12-02-2011, 10:38 AM
Top Dog

Well, his actual gotcha day isn't until the 31st. This is more of a saw'ya day. I about exploded waiting a month, so I don't know how those of you who see your puppy at birth and can't get it until 9 or 10 weeks do it. I would be a a twiching fetal ball by week six!

I don't know why his baby picture isn't showing, it does when I preview? Let me try again.

Renee- he is quite smart, and a very good problem solver. Between him and Argon, I have baby locks and ties on everything even remotely edible. He can open gates, doors, you name it. And then, there was a few days ago, when he got his head stuck in a peanut butter jar.

Also, if anyone knows where I might be able to purchase a toy exactly like the yellow and orange on in the last pic, let me know. Our dollar store quit carrying them, and no other toy will do. It has rope loops on each end and a stretch middle. Even toys that are very similar are rejected. Stubborn devil!

Booty Dancing In Heaven 10/13/03-9/15/12
As much as I try to be one of those easygoing 'spread your wings and fly' types, I just can't stop trying to burst people into flames with my mind.
Old 12-02-2011, 10:52 AM
pointer/labrador/terrier

I made up my mind about Victor by one pic as well. The heart knows when the heart knows. Happy Gotcha day Gambit you handsome boy you.

Go Petie Go Go Who Go!

love comes in many directions with mary

Side by side on the sofa sat three annoyed dogs and one smug cat
and then in came a little white kitten,
Old 12-02-2011, 10:56 AM
Sit! Good dog.

Why on EARTH don't you post more pictures?????? I demand more!!
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They do not know jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing wasn't boring, it was peace."

Bodhi is the opposite of ignorance, the insight into reality which destroys mental afflictions and brings peace.

Owned by Bodhi Booglaoo and Fredington Holbein