Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 11-30-2011, 01:18 AM
<(<) <()> (>)>

Default US Inland flights?

Where are they cheapest to book? I want to fly to the US next summer (for the first time in ages ) Initially, I want to get to Charlotte, NC, but Charlotte is basically the most expensive airport to fly into, internationally and a flight into Boston costs oh 400 less.

So I want to fly into Boston, visit some Rhode Island friends and then take an inland flight down to Charlotte, which costs somewhere between $130 and $200. I have no idea where its best to book though. I usually book through expedia.de, but their inland flights in the US are far more expensive than the same flight on expedia.com.

You are the whisper in the wind, and the silence in dark.
You are the autumn rain, and the spring flowers.
You are the joy when I laugh, and the sorrow when I cry.
You are the earth beneath my feet, and the air in the sky
But most of all, you are my heart.
Run free, Beautiful Girl.
Old 11-30-2011, 01:26 AM
Love My Mutt <3

I have no idea, but I know Jessie books flights alot, from the US into other far away places... maybe PM her?

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 11-30-2011, 01:51 AM
Twin 2.0

I've got a friend as travel agent, I can hook you two up if you'd like.
Old 11-30-2011, 05:41 AM
Top Dog

i usually browse Expedia, Travelocity, or Orbitz, and then after I find the flight I want, I book it on the airline's website. It seems like that saves a few bucks.

However, be sure to check the Jet Blue site, too. They generally don't show up on Expedia type sites, but they fly direct from Boston to Charlotte, and are usually very reasonable.
Old 11-30-2011, 06:48 AM
Top Dog

Kayak.com is my favorite--it indexes all the other search sites. umterps is right though, in that jetblue (and southwest) don't show up on the major travel sites. You have to look at their sites individually.
Old 11-30-2011, 07:47 AM
Top Dog

Jet Blue is usually cheapest, but the service definitely reflects it. I've only flown with them once, and it was disorganized to the point of being annoying without really causing a problem, but heard from others that they're known for boarding the plane, then having a delay, and keeping passengers sitting on the tarmac for HOURS. I guess it's sort of hit or miss...you can save a lot of money if you're willing to risk it.

Otherwise, Southwest is usually pretty cheap, and they fly everywhere. You can find cheap flights if your dates are flexible...and sometimes you can save enough where even staying over in Boston might be worth it...

http://www.adorablebeasts.blogspot.com
Old 11-30-2011, 07:58 AM
Chihuahua Power!

I normally start with kayak.com since I find it generally lists out the cheapest prices... and you can select to compare with expedia, travelocity, orbitz, etc.

If the place I'm going has its own airline, I'll check their website. For instance, I'm probably going to be booking flights for Iceland in the next couple of months- and Iceland Air has the most affordable prices so I'll book directly though them.

If you're going to be booking from Boston to Charlotte, I'd look directly into some of the smaller airlines' websites: Spirit, Southwest, Jetblue, etc.

Also, if your dates are flexible, you can normally search +- 3 days to see if you can come up with anything cheaper.

Don't forget to google for "coupon codes" or "promo codes" for your airline of choice right before you book. You may be able to find a code for a certain percentage off depending on your flight

L to R: Chloe, Rylie, Emma, Tucker, and Rory
My Blog- Chihuahuas are not Sheep
Old 11-30-2011, 11:00 AM
Arbitrary and Capricious

I'd say just go straight to Southwest, if they serve both airports.

The Court's extensive review of these pages serves as a useful reminder that loaded guns, sharp objects and law degrees should be kept out of the reach of children.

-- United States Magistrate Judge Paul Cleary

Laughing Shadows Bead & Design: http://www.laughingshadows.com
Old 12-01-2011, 01:21 AM
<(<) <()> (>)>

Thank you!!!
I had never heard of jetblue - so I would have never thought to look there.
Southwest flights seem pretty cheap so I'm prob. going with southwest. I just have to check on the luggage regulations, since I guess you guys have to PAY to check in luggage (wtf? Who flys without luggage).

You are the whisper in the wind, and the silence in dark.
You are the autumn rain, and the spring flowers.
You are the joy when I laugh, and the sorrow when I cry.
You are the earth beneath my feet, and the air in the sky
But most of all, you are my heart.
Run free, Beautiful Girl.
Old 12-01-2011, 02:24 AM
Love My Mutt <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by GipsyQueen View Post
Thank you!!!
I had never heard of jetblue - so I would have never thought to look there.
Southwest flights seem pretty cheap so I'm prob. going with southwest. I just have to check on the luggage regulations, since I guess you guys have to PAY to check in luggage (wtf? Who flys without luggage).
Most airlines now you have to pay for baggage... I believe the only one that isn't like that here yet is Air Canada -- and they were switching shortly. I think it's like, $25 per bag within the certain requirements.. like under 50lbs and up to 62" combined L+W+H. Something rediculous like that.. I know when I went to Florida, my bag JUST fit within the size requirements.. like, to 1/4"

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13