Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 11-29-2011, 11:42 AM
Chihuahua Power!

I am SO relieved to be almost done!

For the past few years, I've made sure to have my Christmas shopping done early. Online shopping definitely makes it a good bit easier as well!

L to R: Chloe, Rylie, Emma, Tucker, and Rory
My Blog- Chihuahuas are not Sheep
Old 11-29-2011, 11:53 AM
Wookie Collie

I'm frustrated about Christmas shopping this year.

This is the first year in awhile I've been in a good financial position to buy everyone nice gifts. Matt's mom "quit" Christmas this year and is going to Cuba instead. (Maybe I'll get her a sunhat or something). His sisters only ever give me expensive suggestions, even though they say that anything is good. I have no idea what they like.

Matt wants another trenchcoat like his old one. I've been trying to find one for two years, and they just don't make them anymore. This is an impossible task. (black knee-length, weatherproof material (NOT wool) and a literal trenchcoat, not a long coat)

I haven't seen my nephew in 2.5 years and have no idea what he's into, that makes me sad. I have to pick my SIL's brain.

I'm terrible at gift-choosing.

Finnegan - Border Collie | Barrett the ferret | Stan & Fiora - the cats
RIP - Fozzy 1993-2006 Palom 2008-2010 Ysera 2008-2011 Basol 2008-2012 Freya 2008-2014 Porom 2008-2014
Old 11-29-2011, 11:58 AM
Chihuahua Power!

Ooooh yeah, I'm also going to paint a picture of my parents' toy poodle as part of their gift. I need to get started on that ASAP.

L to R: Chloe, Rylie, Emma, Tucker, and Rory
My Blog- Chihuahuas are not Sheep
Old 11-29-2011, 12:12 PM
Top Dog

Allie, I feel the same way. My mom buys herself everything she could possibly need or want. My dad only cares about his car and my mom says not to encourage that. My one friend is moving across the country and doesn't want "stuff", I used to know my other best friend up and down but now she lives a few states away and we hardly see each other and I just don't know what she needs or wants. I want to get the kid I quit babysitting for something awesome but I don't know what his mom/other family is getting him and I feel weird asking. I've barely seen Zach's parents in a year, so I have no idea what they might want. My brother is 17 and the only thing he does is go to fast food places like 3-4 times a day with his friends, and I feel like a McDonald's gift card is the lamest thing ever. He'll start college next year, so I could get him collegey stuff, but he wants to live at home and go to the university near by, so I can't get him cool dorm stuff or anything.

http://www.adorablebeasts.blogspot.com
Old 11-29-2011, 12:30 PM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

I'm doing Amazon gift cards for some of my family... they neglected to give me any ideas under $60, and even though I know what sort of things I COULD buy (like what books and movies and music they like) I don't know what all they have, so I don't want to buy them something they already own. I figured at least on Amazon you can get whatever the heck you want, be it a book or a lamp or a shirt or whatever.
I hate it though. I like buying a tangible thing rather than just "yaaaay here's a gift card!" It feels impersonal to me. =<

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie OA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 11-29-2011, 12:47 PM
Twin 2.0

Mom: A framed print of one of my pictures she really likes and either some handmade bath stuff from a local gal or a bracelet to go with the necklace I bought her last year.

Dad: ...um...uh...

Brother 1: see above. I think he's given our parents a list, so I'll pick off there.

Brother 2: Haven't quite decided, but have some ideas.

Aunt/Uncle: Scentsy gift pack (warmer and a few bars)--giving my cousin one of the Scentsy Buddies with a little something extra tucked into the zipper pocket besides the Scent Pak.

Ted: I think I have his narrowed down...

I have some ideas for Ted's mom, not entirely sure about his dad.
Old 11-29-2011, 12:56 PM
Wookie Collie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beanie View Post
I'm doing Amazon gift cards for some of my family... they neglected to give me any ideas under $60, and even though I know what sort of things I COULD buy (like what books and movies and music they like) I don't know what all they have, so I don't want to buy them something they already own. I figured at least on Amazon you can get whatever the heck you want, be it a book or a lamp or a shirt or whatever.
I hate it though. I like buying a tangible thing rather than just "yaaaay here's a gift card!" It feels impersonal to me. =<
^ Yup. Matt's sisters would probably be happy to receive gift cards, but I hate hate hate giving gift cards.

I'm pondering a portrait of my MIL's and SIL's cats, and I'm getting a bunch of Scentsy stuff to give. Just trying to get things that everyone would enjoy. IS THAT SO HARD. :P

Finnegan - Border Collie | Barrett the ferret | Stan & Fiora - the cats
RIP - Fozzy 1993-2006 Palom 2008-2010 Ysera 2008-2011 Basol 2008-2012 Freya 2008-2014 Porom 2008-2014
Old 11-29-2011, 01:37 PM
Love My Mutt <3

OH, I also bought Jessie's crew each a toy (I hope they like them! LOL I tried to be all personal and choose one for each dog, although I'm sure they'll all prefer somebody else's toy over their own ), and Brattina's dogs each got a toy. Plus a little gift for both Jessie and Brat, cause they were too cute not to.

And I'm pretty sure the ferrets gifts got delivered a couple hours ago

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 11-29-2011, 03:31 PM
Top Dog

I bought a lot of stuff...now I'm totally broke and I need to pay my tuition next month lol.

I'm spending Christmas by myself though, my mom is going on vacation. So it's just going to be Nia and I.

For myself
- new skis + bindings ($950)
- new ski boots ($480)
- ski trip with friends for 3 days ($200)

my mom bought me
- Whistler season pass ($500)

My friends bought me
- PS3 ($300)
- Calvin and Hobbes collection

Bought for friends
- winter boots
- new dress
- camera bag
- PS3 controllers
- PS3 games
- Comic books
- stop watch
- LOTR + Hobbit collection

For mom
- Kobo e-reader
- starbucks giftcard

for Nia
- haven't decided yet, probably more Kong squeaker balls and some kind of furry toy
Old 11-29-2011, 04:15 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

yeah i asked my brother what his kids wanted for Christmas. I just saw them not even two weeks ago for the first time in 2.5 years and wow have they changed so much. so I was totally lost on what to get them.

His answer? and I quote "I have no idea" Thanks for the help ya TOOL. seriously you are their DAD and you don't know what I could get them for christmas or what they are into? dumbass lol

so I just winged it and I hope they like it lol

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney