Healthy food I can premake for work?

Emily

Rollin' with my bitches
Blurgh, help, lol. I do this thing where I don't eat all day at work until I feel like I'm going to fall over, and then when I get off I end up grabbing fast food because I'm STARVING.

The good news is, I've actually lost 10 lbs in the past... mmm 6 weeks, despite that, because I don't graze while I'm at work. That's awesome, because I had it to spare (although now my pants keep sliding down my butt, LOL).

I would like to continue losing weight and cut the crap out of my diet as well. I'm sick of my dogs eating way better and being way fitter than I am. :eek: I know I should be bringing lunches to work, but I really don't like sandwiches, which are the obvious choice. I guess I'm thinking of something I can prepare in a big batch and store for later? We have a chest freezer so storage is easy enough.

As for what I mean by "healthy", I just really just mean not processed, nutrient rich, and not full of empty carbs. It doesn't have to be super low fat (like, real butter on some veggies isn't a problem), vegetarian, etc. I just want stuff that's made from whole, nutritious foods.

Any ideas?

AdrianneIsabel

Glutton for Crazy
I often boil chicken for myself and portion it with sauces for lunch. Super easy! Also salads aren't hard but not freezable. I'll have to think more...

MericoX

Roos, Poos, & a Wog!
Do you have a microwave at work?

I would always bring leftovers from the previous night in for lunch. Too lazy to wake up early to make something. Usually a meat/protein and a vegetable. I really like the vegetables you can pop into the microwave and steam for 5 minutes and they're done.

You could so salads, fruit and dip, carrot sticks. I'll drink a protein shake in the mornings sometimes if I'm rushed so I won't be starving later.

SarahHound

Chilled fahjita wraps are good for packing in a sandwich box and taking with you, and have more flavour/variety than sandwiches. I love them with a bit of chicken/ham, peppers, some sort of sauce and a sprinkling of cheese :)

Smoothies are also good.

Emily

Rollin' with my bitches
Good ideas, guys, thanks! I never thought of wraps, as silly as that sounds.

Yep, we do have a microwave at work, Mericox. I need to remember to grab my leftovers the night before.

stardogs

Behavior Nerd
Homemade soup is always a good one in the winter - freezes super well, generally quite healthy while being tasty, quick to eat.

DH really likes taking hummus with either crackers, pita, or veggies.

Dizzy

Sit! Good dog.
I hate thinking up lunches. I never know where I'm going to be, so if I take soup, I often don't get to eat it :( Plus sometimes I just can't even be bothered heating it up (we don't usually get a lunch break, too busy... :( )

Emily

Rollin' with my bitches
Soups are an excellent idea as well! I like the sound of soup, especially if I've been out with the dogs.

Locke

Chilis, stews, and pastas can freeze pretty well and are easy to make in big batches.

Zhucca

Lab Love
Everyone has already said the main ones. I really like chopping up some veggies and bringing hummus with me, instead of ranch sauce.

Also I'll put half a cup of cottage cheese with various fruit. Or maybe chickpeas/veggies with salt and pepper. Or perhaps some greek yogurt with Kashi cereal in it. om nom nom.

RedHotDobe

aka RedHotBabe
I know you asked for foods you can make, but I love these. I can never find them, otherwise I'd probably eat them every day. Simple, microwaveable, and tasty.

Members online

No members online now.