Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 11-22-2011, 05:44 AM
Sit! Good dog.

Question Do men ever really get broody for kids?

Spin off from the baby fever thingy.

My other half isn't bothered about kids at all. He knows I would like them in the future, and he's fine with that, but he looks at me like a loon when I say I am sure other men WANT (as in desire) kids, and he just disagree's and says he's never met one who wants kids.

Is it normal for a man to really want to be a father, or is that the exception? Or is it just the same as for women. Or is it just something men don't really think about? I am pretty sure I've met men who really want kids.
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They do not know jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing wasn't boring, it was peace."

Bodhi is the opposite of ignorance, the insight into reality which destroys mental afflictions and brings peace.

Owned by Bodhi Booglaoo and Fredington Holbein

Old 11-22-2011, 06:35 AM
Top Dog

Matt wants kids. Not quite the same way I do, but one of us really needs to be logical at this point so I'm ok with that. LOL.

My Dad actually told me the other day that when he got back from his motorcycle trip (at 22 years old) to Canada he told his friend, "I'm going to settle down and have kids." And his friend was like, O_o (my Dad was wild lol). And then 10 months later he married my Mom and 10 months after that they had my sister.

I asked my Mom to verify this story and she rolled her eyes and was like "Yeah. Your Dad was totally baby crazy." I think they would have had more kids but my Mom had to have a tubal after my brother.

I have a blog!! TeamShortLegs - Last updated 10/13/2013
Old 11-22-2011, 06:53 AM
Walks into Mordor

Yes, men can get broody for children!! I've known quite a few men throughout my life who get just much desire for a child as any woman. Many of them are what would be considered highly masculine/alpha male types, so I definitely wouldn't consider the desire for children to be an effeminate trait, either.
Old 11-22-2011, 06:54 AM
I'd rather be at Disney

Brian always wanted kids. I wouldn't say he got baby fever per say like "OMG I want a baby RIGHT NOW" but he definitely knew he wanted kids

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 11-22-2011, 07:13 AM
Top Dog

I've never personally met one that had the "I want kids" attitude. But then again, I hang out with a lot of 20 somethings, so that's pretty typical. My fiance does NOT want kids at ALL. Luckily, I agree, so no problems there!
Old 11-22-2011, 08:10 AM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Being a woman looking for a man who doesn't want kids, yes, there are lots of men who are like "oh yeah, I definitely want kids!" But I think for most of them it's more of a "yeah, someday, absolutely" instead of "WANT BABY NOW" the way some women get, LOL.

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 11-22-2011, 08:32 AM
Top Dog

Yes. One of my very good friends has always said he's wanted kids. He came from a big family, and he always said, even at a young age, that he eventually wanted to have a wife and kids.

ETA: Oddly enough, I'm extremely attracted to men that want kids, men that are naturally good with kids, etc. However, I don't want any children of my own, at all, ever. Some weird hormonal thing must be at play there .
Old 11-22-2011, 08:44 AM
Top Dog

My BF wants kids...he's always talked about wanting children, and he used to often ask at what age I thought I would be ready for kids, changing it rather quickly from "when you're 30 and I'm 32" to "when you're 28 and I'm 30" and "from when you're 26 and I'm 28". (luckily it hasn't declined since). He'll always be like "Alex, I want a baby!" whenever we see a little kid or if I'm watching baby videos on youtube he'll be like "you want one? we could make one of those!".

I know at this point, if I actually did get pregnant, he'd freak out, but I'd definitely consider him broody, lol.

A few of my other guy friends have mentioned wanting to settle down and have kids...they're all in the 22-25 age range (a much larger percentage have mentioned maybe in the future but no way in hell do they want one anytime soon).

http://www.adorablebeasts.blogspot.com
Old 11-22-2011, 08:53 AM
Resident fainting goat

My dad wanted SONS. Not so much as "children"
I dunno.. maybe it's a passing on the family name..thing..

Regardless, he got 2 sons and 1 little girl and I'm his favorite ANYWAY lol
Old 11-22-2011, 09:10 AM
Top Dog

One set of cousins is a large family (9). All of the boys can't wait to have kids. Getting married, having kids......they all look forward to it. They are all very family oriented.