Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 11-22-2011, 06:12 PM
Taxiderpy

I'd think that experience safely handling stressed and injured dogs would be a valuable skill to a boarding kennel owner.
Old 11-22-2011, 07:27 PM
orange iguanas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizzybeth727 View Post
^^^That. Don't be too heavy on the medical experience (x-rays, dentals, etc.), because they'll be afraid they'll have to pay you too much.

Plus, you want to think about what would be valuable experience for a boarding kennel. Boarding kennel workers don't have to do x-rays or put animals under sedation. What they need to know is how to spot signs of medical emergencies in the animals in their care, and the safest course of action to get them the help they need. Essentially, first aid. You want your resume to show that you have the skills to be able to handle the specific problems that come up in a boarding situation... and nothing more.
Okay that's what I thought. It just feels weird leaving out like, all the things I did at that place lol. But it makes sense to do it that way.

Juno 2009 :: Happy 2000 :: Lucy 2006 :: Cajun 2013
Old 11-22-2011, 08:55 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southpaw View Post
Okay that's what I thought. It just feels weird leaving out like, all the things I did at that place lol. But it makes sense to do it that way.
A teacher in college explained it to me this way: The purpose of a resume is just to get them interested enough to call you in for an interview. So you shouldn't put EVERYTHING on the resume, or else you won't have anything to say in the interview. Also, it will be easier to get your point across - that you know this is not a vet tech job and will not pay as well as a vet tech job but you reallyreallyreally want the job anyway - in person, rather than trying to communicate that on paper.