Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Rainbow Bridge - Dog Memorials

Old 10-31-2011, 06:08 PM
Top Dog

Default Maddy is at the bridge

My birthday yesterday, and how did I spend the day? Crying over my dog. I am broken in two.

We went for a nice walk, she was running with Lucy, fell in a ditch and broke her back. It happened SO quickly, and unfortunately, there was absolutely nothing that could have been done. She was put out of her misery.

It's just so unfair, she was only 4, and should have had so many years ahead of her. The pain is killing me, I just want it to end. It's all my fault, I should have put her on a lead. Or I shouldn't have walked her there. I don't deserve pets. I only had two years with her. I wish I had died instead.

Sweet dreams my gorgeous greyhound girly. Go play with Breagha and eat lots of sausages together.

Maddy Mooface by Niseag, on Flickr

My Photos
Old 10-31-2011, 06:15 PM
Top Dog

I am so so sorry for your loss. It was not your fault - you said it yourself, there's nothing that could have ben done. (((((((((hugehugs)))))))))
RIP Maddy.

I have a blog!! TeamShortLegs - Last updated 10/13/2013
Old 10-31-2011, 06:16 PM
Rude and Not Ginger

Oh my god, I am so sorry. RIP Maddy
Old 10-31-2011, 06:19 PM
Obvious trollsare Obvious

Aww hell. I am SO terribly sorry. While Kat (Dekka's young girl) wasn't mine, I had similar what if's about the situation. What if we hadn't had them outside.. What if we had waited a few hours..

Don't say you don't deserve pets. This is a horrible horrible tragedy, but it was an accident. You surely did nothing to make this happen. It will be a long road healing from it, as losing Kat still hurts, and she wasn't even mine..

We started to wonder how many almosts we have had with our dogs that we'd never know about. All those times where if they had run down the same path 5 minutes earlier or later something bad would have happened, but due to timing didn't... but you'd never know as something terrible didn't occur..

There are absolutely no words to make you pain better, just know many people care, and that you are not a bad dog owner.

Stop paddling your own douchecanoe

CRB Houdini's Apple Cider RXMCL AGDC AADC MSDC MJDC RNT CL3-F CL3-H EXJ Bronze
AAC's Top Dog List ~~ 2007-11 Q's ~~ 2008-11 Q's ~~ 2009-10 Q's
AAC's Overall Top Dog List - 47 Q's and 7 Titles

Stanton Acres Out Of The Ashes SGDC RNMCL MJDC ADC CL3-F CL3-S CL3-H SD-S (SP)
AAC's Top Dog List 2009 - 12 Q's

Stark Naked Burn It To The Ground

Old 10-31-2011, 06:29 PM
Top Dog

I am so, so sorry for your loss. Things happen, as horrible as this was, in no way was it your fault. Rest in peace Maddy.
Old 10-31-2011, 06:31 PM
Twin 2.0

This was not your fault at all! I am so, so, so very sorry about Maddie.

(((((((((((((((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))))))))
Old 10-31-2011, 06:36 PM
Twin 2

Sarah, I seriously, seriously am so incredibly heartbroken for you and Maddy. I cried yesterday when I found out (crying again reading this) and I can't even begin to understand how you are feeling.

Just know that you are not to blame for this at all. Even if you can't see that now I hope you will in time. You have greyhounds, born to run. She was doing what she loved to do, what all your dogs are meant to do and what you are good enough to let them do. She had an amazing life with you and a completely tragic end. But that's not what counts, her time living and loving life with you does. And I know that she did that to the fullest being with you.

She was and still is a gorgeous girl inside and out. This wasn't fair to you, to Todd or to Lucy. But I'm so happy she got to spend the years she did with you. And just know I'm thinking of all of you.
Old 10-31-2011, 06:38 PM
treehugging clicker freak

Oh I am so so sorry!!! ((((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))))))) I wish there was more I could do for you

Maddie CGC .:. Cocker Spaniel .:. 12 y/o
Bailey CGC .:. Shetland Sheepdog .:. 5 y/o
Old 10-31-2011, 06:39 PM
I'm All Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by MafiaPrincess View Post
There are absolutely no words to make you pain better, just know many people care, and that you are not a bad dog owner.
This exactly. It is NOT your fault. I know too well knowing how freak things like this happen. I still, over 16 years later feel regret about Rosie's death. One simple decision and it lost her her life.

I am so so sorry. Lots and lots of ((((((Hugs))))))
Old 10-31-2011, 06:45 PM
Top Dog

I wish there was something I could say that would make you feel better... I am at a complete loss for words. How incredibly heartbreaking. I am so, so deeply sorry for your loss. You and your family are in my thoughts. Lots of (((hugs))) to you!

Ripley
Keira CGN
Journey - Oracle Twist of Fate TreeStarr
Dance - Tollwest's Dancing In Style CGN FM RN