Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 11-19-2011, 08:59 PM
Top Dog

Default Nutrition Plans and Exercise Plans

Are there any websites where you can maybe get free nutritional plans or exercise plans?

I had started earlier this year being really good with my food and exercise, lost 10lbs, then I became lazy and got bored with it.

Honestly, to be really healthy, I should lose 50lbs. But I am going to start with a goal of losing 20lbs. I've managed to keep the original 10lbs off that I lost (well, give or take, sometimes I'll gain a pound and then lose it, etc).

My main problem is that I am sooo bad at cooking for myself, and most exercise bores me. I am the type that needs to be told what to do when to do it in order to get things done. And I can't afford a personal trainer. But if I had meal plans printed out, and stapled above my desk, I could follow it and buy all the food ahead of time, etc. I also hardly know how to cook for myself, I tend to do a lot of microwaveable meals, and I know most are pretty bad for you. So I am learning to be decently healthy in the kitchen and it's not easy. Oh and I am super picky. I don't like most fruits and veggies. I do love smoothies, so I try to get my fruit intake with smoothies, veggies I'll eat if they are in soup or cooked in something else (like pork roast, etc).

I didn't know if there was anything out there offered like that on the internet. Something that could give me, like, breakfast: banana, orange juice. Lunch: blah blah, and milk. Dinner: chicken, etc. LOL, you get the gist.

As far as exercise... I have an elliptical in my house. I have a Wii Fit, LOL. Oh and my driveway is sooo steep, so I am thinking running up hill a few times a day would help a ton?! Even my step-dad who is in shape, works out almost every day, and has some abs, is fairly out of breath when he walks up it.

Thing is, I just know I can do this. Because I did it before and did really good but I never had a solid "plan" and just kind of got lazy, plain and simple. I'm not going to lie, it's the holidays, and I know I'll snack on some cookies and goodies but I think if I can begin eating healthier in general now and exercising right now, it will make it easier on me come January when all the holiday goodies are gone.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Brit & Jackson

Old 11-19-2011, 09:13 PM
On second thought...

Well, I love strength training and I used to know of a good website. I'll see if I can track it down tomorrow. Sparks is really good for nutrition plans and tracking what you eat, but I don't like it because there is a lot of stuff on their website. I like a simpler format like myfitnesspal.com. MFP doesn't recommend food to you, but it will track what you enter.

Signature by aadufield, on Flickr

Proud owner of Cameron, a Chow Chow mix, and Duncan, a http://www.chazhound.com/forums/t141489/.
Old 11-19-2011, 09:14 PM
treehugging clicker freak

You can borrow Bailey.

Seriously.... that's what's working for me! Portion control, and Bailey!! She makes me get up and get out even when I don't want to, even when the weather is crappy.

Maddie CGC .:. Cocker Spaniel .:. 12 y/o
Bailey CGC .:. Shetland Sheepdog .:. 5 y/o
Old 11-19-2011, 09:47 PM
Love My Mutt <3

ohhh my dad had printed it out! He needed to lose weight, so it was all a diet plan, and it was like 4 weeks (I think) of different food each day, and then it restarted.

I'll see if I can find it at all

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 11-19-2011, 11:19 PM
Magic, motherf@%$*#!

I am doing sparkspeople. Yeah, the website is cluttered, but I like their app, which I mostly use. I also go to the gym and while I need to do more strength training, right now I mostly do cardio. I try to do intervals and do that for at least 30 min, preferably 45. I love, love love the couch 2 5k app.

So far I have lost 26lbs... And realistically, I think I want to lose another 25.

We should have a chaz biggest loser
Old 11-20-2011, 01:19 PM
On second thought...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules View Post
I do love a little friendly competition.

Signature by aadufield, on Flickr

Proud owner of Cameron, a Chow Chow mix, and Duncan, a http://www.chazhound.com/forums/t141489/.
Old 11-20-2011, 02:25 PM
Resident fainting goat

As for exercise, I love the insanity workout.
It's a 60 day program and it's TOUGH (like, sweating, panting, sore, pushing harder than you ever have..tough)
but it's different, only 45-50 minutes a day, and the daily DVD is easy to understand, fun & fast paced

As for diet, I would suggest a consultation with a nutrionist
I would also suggest a multi-vitamin. I'm a college student, so yea, things are missing in my diet lol frequently. So it's nice to have a daily vitamin that helps fill the gaps.
Old 11-20-2011, 02:30 PM
Wookie Collie

Someone shared this with me and it's amazing.

It's been a part of my plan for a month and a half. That first document is the best. I review it all the time.

Finnegan - Border Collie | Porom & Barrett - Ferrets | Stan & Fiora - other half's cats
RIP - Fozzy 1993-2006 Palom 2008-2010 Ysera 2008-2011 Basol 2008-2012 Freya 2008-2014
Old 11-20-2011, 05:31 PM
Just try me..

Ahaha a reddit link! (I am subscribed to r/losit as well as r/keto)

I am not much help except to say I have cut nearly ALL carbs out of my diet and OMG the difference. I have lost as much weight since the big of Nov than I had running for 5 months (including entering a race) I can tell you exercise becomes far more exciting when you have more energy and its easier. I am so stoked to pick running back up again.
Old 11-20-2011, 06:15 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessLough View Post
ohhh my dad had printed it out! He needed to lose weight, so it was all a diet plan, and it was like 4 weeks (I think) of different food each day, and then it restarted.

I'll see if I can find it at all
Thanks! I'd love if you could find it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules View Post
I am doing sparkspeople. Yeah, the website is cluttered, but I like their app, which I mostly use. I also go to the gym and while I need to do more strength training, right now I mostly do cardio. I try to do intervals and do that for at least 30 min, preferably 45. I love, love love the couch 2 5k app.

So far I have lost 26lbs... And realistically, I think I want to lose another 25.

I was using MyFitnessPal on my phone to keep track for a while but it didn't help me make healthy choices necessarily, LOL. I was basically just counting calories.

Congrats on the 26lbs! So how often are you going to the gym, and when you go what exactly are you doing?

Chaz Bigger Loser could whip my butt into shape!

Brit & Jackson