Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 11-21-2011, 08:30 PM
Fishies!

They have been using that definition for a while. If you don't do exactly what the officer says, and then walk to the car at their pace, its resisting arrest.
Old 11-22-2011, 07:35 AM
Just try me..

I like this
Old 11-22-2011, 08:12 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zizzy35 View Post
Yes, police have to be pepper sprayed & Tasered as part of training. I mean they are litterally held down & pepper sprayed.

I am married to a cop & I work for the prosecutor's office. Not all cops or people in Law Enforcement are like this.

It is sad that this is how it's always portrayed in media. You will only see the bad apples.

As for taxes. Cops pay taxes too!!!
I'm not sure what you mean because this isn't "portrayed in the media" whatsoever. The mainstream media has only said, "Haha, look at these brats trying to 'change things', what's all that about? How annoying, let's hope it goes away soon. They have iPads, by the way! That invalidates them!" I haven't seen anything in the news about the wrongdoings of police, it's only by the glory of the internet, open and uncensored, that I've heard a lick of it.
Old 11-22-2011, 08:56 AM
Sit! Good dog.

The officer has had all his details released on the anonymous website. I'm pretty sure he's going to regret pepper spraying those students...............

http://anoncentral.tumblr.com/post/1...r-lt-john-pike
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They do not know jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing wasn't boring, it was peace."

Bodhi is the opposite of ignorance, the insight into reality which destroys mental afflictions and brings peace.

Owned by Bodhi Booglaoo and Fredington Holbein

Old 11-22-2011, 09:08 AM
Arbitrary and Capricious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzy View Post
The officer has had all his details released on the anonymous website. I'm pretty sure he's going to regret pepper spraying those students...............

http://anoncentral.tumblr.com/post/1...r-lt-john-pike
Oh crap. I hope he doesn't have a family.

Yes, I want him to regret it. But he, and his entirely innocent family if he has one, are about to get death threats, menacing phone calls, and stalkers . . . most of whom will have had absolute nothing to do with UC Davis.

This is NEVER a good thing.

The Court's extensive review of these pages serves as a useful reminder that loaded guns, sharp objects and law degrees should be kept out of the reach of children.

-- United States Magistrate Judge Paul Cleary

Laughing Shadows Bead & Design: http://www.laughingshadows.com
Old 11-22-2011, 09:30 AM
Show Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by cliffdog View Post
I'm not sure what you mean because this isn't "portrayed in the media" whatsoever. The mainstream media has only said, "Haha, look at these brats trying to 'change things', what's all that about? How annoying, let's hope it goes away soon. They have iPads, by the way! That invalidates them!" I haven't seen anything in the news about the wrongdoings of police, it's only by the glory of the internet, open and uncensored, that I've heard a lick of it.

What I'm saying is cops are always portrayed on the news in a bad light.
Old 11-22-2011, 04:32 PM
Fishies!

Always?

How many shows exist showing the police? You have TV documentary types (cops, swat, etc) which are PR. You have shows like law and order where even the bad ones are doing it for the right reasons.

As for the actual news? Any time they stop a drunk driver, a drug bust, even that NYC lone wolf guy, that us a good portrayal of the police.

So yes, when the bad ones turn up, or bad mistakes made, media hell should rain down.
Old 11-22-2011, 05:25 PM
Just try me..

Quote:
Originally Posted by cliffdog View Post
That tshirt I posted was in CNBC. I would also argue that the internet these days IS part of the mainstream media.

This particular image/issue has made news world wide, just because American TV newscasts aren't talking about it doesn't mean its not in the mainstream media.
Old 11-22-2011, 05:27 PM
Arbitrary and Capricious

Moreover, the cops are generally viewed in this country in a very good light. Indeed, it is the tendency of both the courts and the public to give them every benefit of the doubt. In fact, the leeway the law gives them is often nothing short of breathtaking.

Attention needs to be drawn to police abuses for that reason alone. To many people who have suffered serious abuses of police power have found themselves unable to get any sort of remedy because the law, and public opinion, is stacked so heavily in favor of the cops.

Do I think most cops are rotten? Not at all. Do I think our system is set up in such a way that its easy for rotten cops to get away with it, particularly if the victim is poor, brown, or, it seems, young? Yep. It is a testimony to the basic decency of most police officers that abuse is not much more common than it is.

The Court's extensive review of these pages serves as a useful reminder that loaded guns, sharp objects and law degrees should be kept out of the reach of children.

-- United States Magistrate Judge Paul Cleary

Laughing Shadows Bead & Design: http://www.laughingshadows.com
Old 11-22-2011, 08:37 PM
Twin 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dekka View Post
I like this
I was getting ready to post that image. Amanda Palmer linked it from the creator's source on her Twitter. I think it's pretty awesome.