Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Rescue Forum

Old 11-18-2011, 04:28 AM
Top Dog

Default Sassy

Warning - graphic pics at link.
http://www.noahs-arks.net/RESCUE/SASSY.html

I wish this were an unusual case, sadly, for this area, its not. The only thing unusual about it is that the dog was found before she died, and given care and safe haven instead of immediately put out of her misery.

This morning's update on Sassy is that they had to add another drain, but she did eat and drink on her own and even stood up. She has a long way to go but they are encouraged by her attitude.
~Suzanne Clothier
Old 11-18-2011, 04:44 AM
Kaleidoscopic Eye

OMG. That poor, sweet dog. Sending all sort of ((((((((((VIBES)))))))))) for continued healing.
Old 11-18-2011, 09:11 AM
Top Dog

How horrific...I hope she heals quickly.

http://www.adorablebeasts.blogspot.com
Old 11-18-2011, 04:22 PM
Top Dog

Thank you, she needs many prayers, good vibes, mojo... Whatever you can send her way.
~Suzanne Clothier
Old 11-18-2011, 04:28 PM
Rude and Not Ginger

OMG. WTF happened to her?! I could only look at the first graphic picture. It turned my stomach. Poor little girl
Old 11-18-2011, 04:35 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieDog View Post
OMG. WTF happened to her?! I could only look at the first graphic picture. It turned my stomach. Poor little girl
She was shot and left for dead, but she wasn't dead. The wounds filled with maggots which actually helped keep them clean, but over the course of FOUR days that the piece of scum left her there, obviously the maggots did more harm than good. Her shoulders are crushed and the wounds are horribly infected. They have opened her up I believe 3 times now trying to get all the foreign matter and crushed bone out of her. Once they get the wounds stabilized, they can go in and see what they can do about the shoulders. The spine appears to be okay, and she is able to stand for short periods. She just needs lots of well wishes.
~Suzanne Clothier
Old 11-18-2011, 04:39 PM
Rude and Not Ginger

Poor girl

She'll pull through. My boss has a dog that was shot and buried alive. She dug her way out, and went back to her house, where she was shot and buried again. This time, someone who knew the dog found her and took her to a rescue. She's still ticking along at 12 now, and that was a decade or more ago. :/
Old 11-18-2011, 04:57 PM
Top Dog

Yep. Our Lunar was shot in the leg and it must have healed on its own. When we got him it was completely healed but deformed, not knowing what it was we had it x-rayed thinking bone cancer or something. Nope, his leg is shrapnel and bone shards, I can't believe he puts weight on it, but he does... The rest of his body is peppered with buckshot... Its amazing what dogs can survive...
~Suzanne Clothier
Old 11-18-2011, 05:00 PM
Rude and Not Ginger

It truly is. I'm glad sassy has people looking out for her.
Old 11-20-2011, 09:24 AM
Felurian

Dane, have you all got a ChipIn set up for her?

I apologize for not reading the article; I'm just not up for another set of visuals of cruelty, not after seeing what two blights on the universe did to a beautiful GSD . . . filled his mouth with bottle rockets, taped his muzzle shut and basically blew his face apart. Appallingly, the dog survived the attack but had to be put down. There was nothing anyone could do. He appeared to be sitting calmly as the evidence photos were taken. Unspeakable.

There are some monsters out there who richly deserve to have a car battery explode in their faces. I'm just glad Sassy is getting help and hope she gets to go on to a life of love that wipes out the memories.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian