Sassy

Danefied

Warning - graphic pics at link.
http://www.noahs-arks.net/RESCUE/SASSY.html

I wish this were an unusual case, sadly, for this area, its not. The only thing unusual about it is that the dog was found before she died, and given care and safe haven instead of immediately put out of her misery.

This morning's update on Sassy is that they had to add another drain, but she did eat and drink on her own and even stood up. She has a long way to go but they are encouraged by her attitude.

Whisper

Kaleidoscopic Eye
OMG. That poor, sweet dog. :( Sending all sort of ((((((((((VIBES)))))))))) for continued healing.

CharlieDog

Rude and Not Ginger
OMG. WTF happened to her?! I could only look at the first graphic picture. It turned my stomach. Poor little girl :(

Danefied

OMG. WTF happened to her?! I could only look at the first graphic picture. It turned my stomach. Poor little girl :(
She was shot and left for dead, but she wasn't dead. The wounds filled with maggots which actually helped keep them clean, but over the course of FOUR days that the piece of scum left her there, obviously the maggots did more harm than good. Her shoulders are crushed and the wounds are horribly infected. They have opened her up I believe 3 times now trying to get all the foreign matter and crushed bone out of her. Once they get the wounds stabilized, they can go in and see what they can do about the shoulders. The spine appears to be okay, and she is able to stand for short periods. She just needs lots of well wishes.

CharlieDog

Rude and Not Ginger
Poor girl :(

She'll pull through. My boss has a dog that was shot and buried alive. She dug her way out, and went back to her house, where she was shot and buried again. This time, someone who knew the dog found her and took her to a rescue. She's still ticking along at 12 now, and that was a decade or more ago. :/

Danefied

Yep. Our Lunar was shot in the leg and it must have healed on its own. When we got him it was completely healed but deformed, not knowing what it was we had it x-rayed thinking bone cancer or something. Nope, his leg is shrapnel and bone shards, I can't believe he puts weight on it, but he does... The rest of his body is peppered with buckshot... Its amazing what dogs can survive...

Dane, have you all got a ChipIn set up for her?

I apologize for not reading the article; I'm just not up for another set of visuals of cruelty, not after seeing what two blights on the universe did to a beautiful GSD . . . filled his mouth with bottle rockets, taped his muzzle shut and basically blew his face apart. Appallingly, the dog survived the attack but had to be put down. There was nothing anyone could do. He appeared to be sitting calmly as the evidence photos were taken. Unspeakable.

There are some monsters out there who richly deserve to have a car battery explode in their faces. I'm just glad Sassy is getting help and hope she gets to go on to a life of love that wipes out the memories.

Danefied

They usually don't set up a chip in until they have a better idea of how much the dog's care will cost. Since they don't know what they're going to do about Sassy's shoulder blades at this point, I'm sure that's why they've held off on a chip in for her. Also in case anyone is wondering, many of the vets who work with Noah's Ark do pro bono work or at a greatly reduced cost.

This is the link to a general donation page for Noah's Ark. If you click the donate button on Sassy's page, you can specify that the monies go to her only.
https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/w...63663d3faee8db2b24f7b84f1819343fd6c338b1d9d60

Thank you all for the continued vibes :)

Izzy's Valkyrie

Very Food Agressive
Dane, have you all got a ChipIn set up for her?

I apologize for not reading the article; I'm just not up for another set of visuals of cruelty, not after seeing what two blights on the universe did to a beautiful GSD . . . filled his mouth with bottle rockets, taped his muzzle shut and basically blew his face apart. Appallingly, the dog survived the attack but had to be put down. There was nothing anyone could do. He appeared to be sitting calmly as the evidence photos were taken. Unspeakable.

There are some monsters out there who richly deserve to have a car battery explode in their faces. I'm just glad Sassy is getting help and hope she gets to go on to a life of love that wipes out the memories.
This. After I saw the picture on your facebook I cried. I can't handle any more cruelty pictures but I wish her well on the road to recovery.

Danefied

Sassy update:
Monday (11/21)
SASSY UPDATE....surgery was done on Sassy early this morning to repair the muscle and ligament that were shot away. She has not been able to raise her head because of it. A ligament was stretched until it could be attached to a muscle further back. Here is a video of her this evening raising her head for the first time. It is a little painful and you can hear yelp at the end but it is amazing she can do this at all. Our little Angel is still showing us that miracles can happen.
Tuesday - she stood on her own.

Thursday - she walked on her own.

Today:
SASSY Update.....Our adorable Sassy is doing great. Since we closed up her wound, she has developed a little bit of an infection. We still have drains in and this is something we have expected. The drains are flushed every hour and she is on two strong antibiotics. The fluid that has been draining is beginning to clear up. We know she is not out of the woods and we will just have to deal with any problems that come up along the way. That is the reason she is getting round the clock 24 hour care. We want to catch any problems as quickly as they happen. The best news of all is that I have enclosed a video of Sassy walking and holding her head up. Our little miracle girl is still shining bright.
And of course I can't get the video to show here.... (FB)
You can like the page though - Noah's Ark Rescue

Thank you for keeping her in your thoughts!

Members online

No members online now.