Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Rescue Forum

Old 11-16-2011, 12:41 PM
Top Dog

Default Agility or herding prospect! Or a running buddy!

In the Boise area of Idaho. I'm willing to use the Chaz network and get him to someone trustworthy out of state if its the right adopter.

No fee, just an adoption contract agreeing to properly vet him out. Because I can't afford to before placing him!

So a little stray showed up at my door ten days ago. Wearing a collar, but no tags and no microchip.

He's a little "mini Aussie", but clearly he's mixed with some kind of toy breed as well as being Aussie. Maybe Pap? He's very lively and scary intelligent. Very talkative, he will talk back to you and give you his opinion on everything whether you want to or not. He is pretty adorable!

I've been trying to find any owners to no avail and now enough time has passed that I can start trying to place him in a better home. He may have been dumped because he was totally untrained and is very high drive/energy. He needs a job stat!

I estimate he's about 9 months to 1 year. Probably closer to 9 months with how he acts. Great structure for a mutt and is a beautiful red tri color with a docked tail. Light brown eyes and perky collie ears. He only weighs 22lbs. He looks like a little midget cow dog.

We've started crate training him, he's now going in on his own. But there's still some fussing, especially if the other dogs are out or my roomie is around. He can't be loose unsupervised, he is too much little dog for that. Probably could be once he's matured though.

He acted totally un potty trained when we found him, but he hasn't had an accident in days now. He is intact and did try marking, but he's stopped since we stayed right on top of him about it.

I've started him on clicker training. He sits great on command and is learning stay, wait, and down. Sensitive to vocal corrections, you don't need much if any. He's really smart and very biddable. He will be very easy to train and get into a sport with.

He has tons of herding drive. He tries to heel my roommate and I all around the house. He does it to the other dogs too, bless them for being patient with him.

He sleeps loose in my room and does fine. He settle right in next to me like a cat as soon as I turn off the lights and sleeps until the alarm goes off in the morning.

His endurance is insane. We took him to the hot springs last Friday and he literally ran laps the whole time we were there.... which was like five hours. And he was not tired, but ready to keep going. He is a very sturdy, athletic little guy. Just a dream for someone looking to get into agility!

He does great with dogs, though he can be a bit of a bully. He chased Scout off her toy and into her kennel and he is the size of her head.

NOT okay with cats! Though I think he could be taught to ignore them while supervised.

He knows his new name and comes perfectly to it: Spaz.
He bonds very fast and sticks right with me even off leash.
I would like to get him placed ASAP as I really do not need to be supporting a third dog, even if it is a small one! He is a love bug that wants to be with someone who can give him a job! I really don't have the time or resources for that so lets help out someone who needs a really awesome little dog for agility or something!

And now for the part you really want....

Please excuse this one being sideways.
Old 11-16-2011, 01:02 PM
Top Dog

Holy wow he's adorable!! I so wish we could take him. I'll ask around if you'd like though!

I have a blog!! TeamShortLegs - Last updated 10/13/2013
Old 11-16-2011, 03:59 PM
Top Dog

Thanks! He is a pretty cool little guy!

We might *fingers crossed* have a possible bite on him!
Old 11-16-2011, 04:12 PM
Top Dog

Oh my gosh...if I were in the market for another dog, that's exactly what I'd want. What a cutie!
Old 11-16-2011, 04:16 PM
Kaleidoscopic Eye

Oh, my! He's adorable!
Crossing my fingers (and arms, legs, etc.) that the prospective adopter works out!
Old 11-16-2011, 04:19 PM
APBT crazy!

He is so handsome, I hope you can find him a home which I am sure you will!
Old 11-16-2011, 05:08 PM
Top Dog

Thanks I hope so too! The potential person needs something very specific, so it won't be the fault of either if it doesn't work out. Would rock for both of them if it did though!

Looks like he might be getting neutered soon, so he will have a $65 "adoption" fee to cover that since I can't really afford it, but want to be sure its done.
Old 11-28-2011, 07:33 PM
Top Dog

Spaz has a home lined up that I am very excited about. I think it will be a very nice match for both of them. I'll let her spill the beans when she's ready!

He will be heading to his forever home around the new year.

He's healing well from his neuter, has his rabies done, is doing great at basic training stuff, and has a more sturdy collar/leash on the way. His new owner is probably going to get stuff to be ready for him too. I need to get him all measured so she can do that. I'm so happy!
Old 11-28-2011, 07:37 PM
swimming upstream

that's great news!
Old 11-28-2011, 08:02 PM
Top Dog

What a cutie! Glad he found a home He looks like a Mini Aussie to me.