Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Health Care

Old 11-15-2011, 09:28 PM
Squishy face

Just gave Miles another bath while my roommate thoroughly vacuumed the floor. So hopefully he will feel better now. Thanks for all the suggestions guys!

"Give thanks to God for being dog. He gave us the joy of angels." - Trixie Koontz, Dog, Trixie Treats & Holiday Wisdom - Christmas is Good!
Old 11-15-2011, 10:02 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet72947 View Post
Just gave Miles another bath while my roommate thoroughly vacuumed the floor. So hopefully he will feel better now. Thanks for all the suggestions guys!
I forgot to mention.... If you use topical flea treatments (frontline, advantix), don't bathe him 2 days before or 2 days after applying the treatment. Otherwise it will not work.
Old 12-14-2011, 05:44 PM
Squishy face

So we've treated Miles with Bio Spot (which is SH*T), given him umpteen flea baths, thrown flea powder all over the apt, let it sit, and vacuumed it up, and washed everything.

WHY WON'T THEY DIE????

(my mom told me Costco has Frontline for $30 so we are going to get that I guess)

"Give thanks to God for being dog. He gave us the joy of angels." - Trixie Koontz, Dog, Trixie Treats & Holiday Wisdom - Christmas is Good!
Old 12-14-2011, 07:33 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet72947 View Post
So we've treated Miles with Bio Spot (which is SH*T), given him umpteen flea baths, thrown flea powder all over the apt, let it sit, and vacuumed it up, and washed everything.

WHY WON'T THEY DIE????

(my mom told me Costco has Frontline for $30 so we are going to get that I guess)
Most of the flea stuff you buy at pet stores is a waste of money. My uncle is an exterminator, and he refuses to take customers that have flea problems, they're just so hard to get rid of.

IME, keeping Frontline or Advantix on the dogs will often kill all the fleas (yes BioSpot is sh*t, as is pretty much everything you can buy "over the counter"... stick to frontline or advantix or anything else the vet sells). I've heard that they die within 24 hours if they have no food source, so IME limiting their food source is the important thing. So keep treatment on the pets. If the fleas are biting me I'll use bug spray on myself too. Another thing you can do is get a flea collar, cut it into pieces and vaccuum it up. Then vaccuum your carpets every day or so, and the fleas you vaccuum up will be killed by the flea collar (it's the ONLY good use for flea collars!).

Good luck!
Old 12-14-2011, 07:44 PM
Squishy face

Thanks for the advice. The fleas are not jumping on us at all, they are just jumping on the poor little pom. :/ They do also like the white cloth couch. We have even put flea stuff on that couch and they still survive. *cries*

Old 12-14-2011, 08:16 PM
Roos, Poos, & a Wog!

Have you tried a flea trap?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63kWWe1XB7k