Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Rainbow Bridge - Dog Memorials

Old 11-15-2011, 03:56 PM
pointer/labrador/terrier

Run free in the morning light of heaven Lucy. ((((((((((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))))))

Go Petie Go Go Who Go!

love comes in many directions with mary

Side by side on the sofa sat three annoyed dogs and one smug cat
and then in came a little white kitten,
Old 11-15-2011, 04:17 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whisper View Post
My heart has been torn out by the too-soon loss of "just a dog" and the comfort of "just a dog" is the only thing helping me keep my sanity right now. Millie can't cure my pain, it's not like another dog can replace another, but I really, really don't know what I would do without her.
You've been in my thoughts every day. This sounds so much like how I felt when I lost Tango, and I was so grateful that I had Dance to help me through it. I wish there was something more I could do or say to help you through this time. More (((hugs))).

Ripley
Keira (Very much missed 2007-2014)
Journey - Oracle Twist of Fate TreeStarr
Dance - Tollwest's Dancing In Style CGN FM RN
Old 11-15-2011, 04:22 PM
Just try me..

Luckily no one did the 'its just a dog' when Kat died.

No no other dog will ever be her, no dog will ever replace Lucy. Nor should they. The connection you had with her was unique.

I know exactly what you are going through. Its going to be hard for a long time. I still cry thinking about Kat. Just know that we are here for you and we do care, to us she will never be 'just a dog' nor will we think you strange for grieving deeply a friend who will be greatly missed.
Old 11-16-2011, 10:31 AM
Top Dog

I'm so sorry. Rest in peace, little Lucy. *lots of hugs*
Old 11-17-2011, 09:58 AM
♥Chloe & Violet♥

*hug*

I'm so sorry. Reading your post made me start bawling, and I had to scroll down to the end, because I couldn't read it. It made me think of losing Chloe, and I can't think about that. She's my heart.

I'm so, so sorry for your loss. We all know how you feel here, and know that she wasn't "just a dog". Thinking of you, and of Lucy. I hope you can begin to heal soon.

Chloe - 8 y/o Dachshund/Chihuahua | Violet - 2 y/o Siberian Husky
Rest in peace - Holly (Siberian Husky)|Misty (Siberian Husky)|Princess (Silky Terrier)
Forever in my heart - Dixie (Yorkshire Terrier)|Lucy (Silky Terrier/Yorkie Mix)
Old 11-17-2011, 12:54 PM
and Spy.

I am so sorry for your loss I always enjoyed seeing Lucy's photos with her cute little face She lived a great life with you and that is what mattered *hug*

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryMan View Post
I think u need some angry school.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee750il View Post
That's what we do here. We're emotionally invested in each other and each other's dogs, the joys and the sorrows.
Old 11-17-2011, 04:49 PM
Magic, motherf@%$*#!

No, no, no. Not Lucy

Your post made me cry. It was so sad and so beautiful at the same time. I am so, so sorry for your loss. RIP, Lucy.

Old 11-18-2011, 03:26 AM
Kaleidoscopic Eye

You guys, I just cannot even say what I am feeling right now.
I didn't expect so much support and I'm just overwhelmed with it. The hugs, telling me you guys think I gave her a good life (I so hope I did give her everything she deserved), the fact that so many of you seemed to care about Lucy. . .Thank you. That's all I can say because there's just too much gratitude. <3

God, I miss her so much. At first, even though she obviously is not here, I almost convinced myself she was on vacation or something. Stupid, I know. But it's so unbelievably hard to absorb that she is not coming back. I keep on finding myself begging, "Just 5 more minutes with her. Let me hug her. Let me kiss her head. Let me play 'patty cake' with her." But I know there wasn't enough time, and there never could be.
I'm sorry. This thread is for Lucy and for remembering her how she was in life. I don't want it to be full of all my silly thoughts. I just can't help it sometimes.
Old 11-18-2011, 09:15 AM
Behavior Nerd

They aren't silly thoughts, hon. It's part of the grieving process and you know we're here to help you through it, so share if you need to! ((((More Hugs!))))

Old 11-27-2011, 12:24 PM
Top Dog

I'm so late coming to this thread. For some reason, the pain others have over the loss of their pets just kills me and I have a little trouble opening Rainbow bridge. I'm so very sorry for your loss. I know the pain is almost unbearable. I wish there were something I could say to make it better, but I know it is mostly time that eases the pain. (((hugs)))
"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." -- Samuel Adams 1776

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."

Thomas Jefferson