Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Food and Recipes

Old 11-21-2011, 08:46 PM
MyHorseMyRules

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWCorgi View Post
Are you sure it wasn't an email from when the line came out in Canada? I've seen formula changes regarding their foods, only to realize it was the changes from last year, lol. As far as I know, AAFCO has NOT changed their labeling of Milk Thistle, meaning this food will NOT be in stores in the US. Plus, if we were getting them, I'm pretty sure our rep would have mentioned it, since he is in our store a lot and was basically beating down the door to get Ranchlands on our shelves.
They already called our store to try to get us to carry it. We weren't interested, though. Unless they changed something since then, they were essentially marketing it for dogs with allergies. But IIRC they included grains (which are a fairly common allergy) and about a billllllllion different other ingredients. AND they were still going to be fairly pricey since they're moving in on the allergy corner of the market.
Old 11-21-2011, 09:11 PM
Wookie Collie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyHorseMyRules View Post
They already called our store to try to get us to carry it. We weren't interested, though. Unless they changed something since then, they were essentially marketing it for dogs with allergies. But IIRC they included grains (which are a fairly common allergy) and about a billllllllion different other ingredients. AND they were still going to be fairly pricey since they're moving in on the allergy corner of the market.
I dunno about the chicken or duck formulas since I haven't seen their ingredient lists, but the lamb & apple is pretty good. Their only grain source is steel-cut oats, and they've got pumpkin, kelp and a bunch of botanicals. Nothing allergen-heavy.

Making a chicken allergy formula amuses me, though. Sooooo many of our customers, dogs and cats alike, have chicken allergies.

Finnegan - Border Collie | Barrett the ferret | Stan & Fiora - the cats
RIP - Fozzy 1993-2006 Palom 2008-2010 Ysera 2008-2011 Basol 2008-2012 Freya 2008-2014 Porom 2008-2014
Old 11-21-2011, 10:24 PM
Sport Model Pug

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllieMackie View Post
Making a chicken allergy formula amuses me, though. Sooooo many of our customers, dogs and cats alike, have chicken allergies.
Well California Naturals does have chicken formulas in both grain free and grained lines... I guess maybe a sensitive tummy thing? Who knows.

Izzie the Wonderpug RA AGIS AGJIS MADC AGDC MSDC CGN

The Proudest Pug
Old 11-21-2011, 10:29 PM
Wookie Collie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyPug View Post
Well California Naturals does have chicken formulas in both grain free and grained lines... I guess maybe a sensitive tummy thing? Who knows.
Yeah, There's a number of allergy formulas with chicken as the protein... Natural Balance has one too. Oh well, as long as there's different types of LIDs with different protein sources, that's the whole idea of it!

RIP - Fozzy 1993-2006 Palom 2008-2010 Ysera 2008-2011 Basol 2008-2012 Freya 2008-2014 Porom 2008-2014
Old 12-02-2011, 03:42 PM
Sport Model Pug

Well it's official, the Milk Thistle is out. We just got the new bags of Lamb and Apple in and it's not on the ingredient list. I wonder if it'll affect some of the dogs i have on it for tummy issues...

Izzie the Wonderpug RA AGIS AGJIS MADC AGDC MSDC CGN

The Proudest Pug
Old 12-02-2011, 10:11 PM
Top Dog

Good news! (I hope!) Champion replied to my email that it'd be available in the US in late fall/early winter. So I guess soon!

Brit & Jackson

Old 12-03-2011, 09:41 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacksonsMom View Post
Good news! (I hope!) Champion replied to my email that it'd be available in the US in late fall/early winter. So I guess soon!
Yay! I can't wait!
Old 12-04-2011, 09:29 AM
Wookie Collie

We got the upgraded Chicken & Potato formula on Thursday, and already customers are freaking out. Oh god.

Old 12-14-2011, 07:31 PM
Top Dog

I REALLY wish I could buy this food. Really wanna give the Lamb & Apple a try. Plus the duck one they talked about.

We finished our Fromm and I LOVE the company, not sure if the food is right for Jackson though. We did the whole bag of Duck and got through half the Pork but his poo was never what I wanted it to be - always kind of soft. He's gotten a bit itchier, too, has a few little red bumps on his tummy. I wonder if he can't tolerate the barley, rice, tomato pomace, etc.

So we're going to give our bag of Acana Prairie a go again. I had the bag, figured I might as well not let it go to waste, can't hurt to get through the bag of it. But I often wonder if he's got a chicken intolerance of sorts too (which is what the prairie is).

Anyways, long story short, I really think he does better on simpler formulas. Plus he really enjoys eating and always wants more and with the lower cal food, I could increase it a bit more, maybe he'd feel more satisfied.

So you guys in Canada already have the new formulas? Would anyone be interested in shipping a 5.5lb bag to me (maybe the lamb & apple formula, I wonder which would be better... that, or the duck & pear?) so that I can give it a go? Now that I know it's coming to the US, it'd be cool if he does well on it. I just have no patience to wait until our store gets it. LOL. If someone would be willing, PM me - shipping may be outrageous, I'm not sure how to find out the price. Or even if those little .88lb bags are available, maybe it'd be cheaper to send one of those, so I can give it a go.

Brit & Jackson

Old 03-27-2012, 10:14 PM
Magic, motherf@%$*#!

I just picked up a bag of duck and pear. T-Bone is crazy about it.