Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Puppy Forum

Old 11-05-2005, 10:58 PM
Training the Trainer

Default Chester's bladder!

Chester would have to be the biggest pee-puppy I've ever known! He is still a bub so we expect accidents in the house etc...this is fine.

However, when he goes to bed at night he does not wee or poop anywhere. He can hold it in for hours and hours and hours - and then about five minutes after he comes out of his room he does like a ten-minute wee on the floor!!

I usually get him outside straight away but this morning I missed it, however when he's awake he wees every half an hour or so.

My question is, how can he hold for SO long with no accidents, and then just wee whenever and wherever he wants when he's awake?

Any ways of harnessing this excellent holding skill when he's NOT sleeping??

We give dogs time we can spare, space we can spare, and love we can spare. In return they give us their all. It is the best deal man has ever made
Old 11-06-2005, 08:31 PM
Top Dog

"Any ways of harnessing this excellent holding skill when he's NOT sleeping??"

LOL....unfortunately, I'm afraid not. At night time when they sleep, everything sort of slows down....the nervous system a little slower...everything, and they just don't usually need to pee as much.

Yup, it's incredible the output my Dobe has first thing in the morning when he goes out. Even the Chi's too, come to think of it....for their size. LOL.
Old 11-06-2005, 09:10 PM
Top Dog

Just be glad he holds it all night and get him out ASAP!! Could be the excitment during the day .

http://mauzysmusings.blogspot.com/
Old 11-06-2005, 10:18 PM
Training the Trainer

Little tyke! This morning I was rushing around like a demon so I propped the door open for him - he went straight outside, sniffed around for a bit, came inside, looked at me and weed on the kitchen floor - for about a minute and a half. Mint!

We give dogs time we can spare, space we can spare, and love we can spare. In return they give us their all. It is the best deal man has ever made
Old 11-07-2005, 02:20 AM
Top Dog

LOL!!
Haha. Cheeky lil' fella